Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Joe Biden Touts Wall Street Support for His Plan to Abolish American Suburbs
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Joe Biden Touts Wall Street Support for His Plan to Abolish American Suburbs
Quote:Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden is touting Wall Street’s support for his $640 billion housing plan that would force low-income, multi-family housing developments into America’s suburban communities.

During a visit to Kenosha, Wisconsin — where the Black Lives Matter organization and members of Antifa have led riots for weeks — Biden told supporters that Wall Street supports his housing plan because it “will increase the GDP.”

“And by the way, it’s not a waste of money. Even the folks on Wall Street point out that will increase the GDP, make it grow,” Biden said of the plan. “People will do better, people will do better.”

Biden’s housing plan, as Breitbart News has noted, would implement an unprecedented expansion of Section 8 housing vouchers while requiring that local communities abolish strict zoning laws in order to become eligible for certain federal grants.

The plan provides a $300 million investment “to give states and localities the technical assistance and planning support they need to eliminate exclusionary zoning policies and other local regulations that contribute to sprawl.”

Communities unwilling to eliminate their zoning laws to allow multi-family, mixed-income housing development in their neighborhoods would be shut out of federal grants under Biden’s plan:

Exclusionary zoning has for decades been strategically used to keep people of color and low-income families out of certain communities. As President, Biden will enact legislation requiring any state receiving federal dollars … to develop a strategy for inclusionary zoning, as proposed in the HOME Act of 2019 by Majority Whip Clyburn and Senator Cory Booker. [Emphasis added]

Former New York Lieutenant Governor Betsy McCaughey ®, has called Biden’s housing plan “disastrous” for suburban families who would see rapid dense-housing developments pop up in their communities.

“Biden’s plan is to force suburban towns with single-family homes and minimum lot sizes to build high-density affordable housing smack in the middle of their leafy neighborhoods — local preferences and local control be damned,” McCaughey wrote in July.

The plan is coupled with Biden’s expansion of illegal and legal immigration, producing a model for packed suburbs with record population growth, denser living spaces, and potentially a migration from cities to smaller, middle-class communities.

Link
09-07-2020 06:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
RE: Joe Biden Touts Wall Street Support for His Plan to Abolish American Suburbs
SMH.
09-07-2020 06:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
RE: Joe Biden Touts Wall Street Support for His Plan to Abolish American Suburbs
He wants to build pandemic spreading housing to keep the fear going.

It all makes sense.
09-07-2020 06:39 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
So people will just move out of the suburbs to the country, that is IF the New Green deal doesn't eliminate all individually owned cars and force people to live in urban areas. BTW Biden says Trump's opposition to this is because Trump is racist and wants to keep brown people from moving to the suburbs. Dems don't want to admit Section 8 housing destroys home values and imports crime as crime follows the poor since they are easy prey, nothing to do with race.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020 07:40 PM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
09-07-2020 06:49 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
Juck Foe Biden
09-07-2020 07:37 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Get the poor people out of the city so well to do Democrats don't have to be around them.
09-07-2020 08:02 PM
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Joe Biden Touts Wall Street Support for His Plan to Abolish American Suburbs
The City of Newport News did this. They bought Warwick County back in ‘58. Warwick was rural and suburban. It grew more suburban and less rural in the ensuing decades. In the 80s, the mayor ordered a moratorium on section 8 downtown (old Newport News) and all new section 8 would be built in old Warwick. Now almost the whole city is a schithole aside from what was already suburban back in the 80s. Everything that was still acreage became section 8 apartments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-07-2020 08:42 PM
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

I am finding it hard to want to read these posts.
09-07-2020 08:45 PM
ODUsmitty Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.
09-07-2020 08:54 PM
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

(09-07-2020 08:54 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

Its been a while, But coming here I have to see if the other side has changed to the facts.
09-07-2020 09:06 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Here I thought Trump was supposed to be the anti-choice dictator.
09-07-2020 10:00 PM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(09-07-2020 06:39 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  He wants to build pandemic spreading housing to keep the fear going.

It all makes sense.

That's not it.

It's a way of gerrymandering.

Imagine you have a deep blue city and it's a democratic stronghold. Republicans don't stand a chance, but a district next to it is red and it's full of suburbanites... Why keep wasting votes in the city, when you can ship the votes there and turn the red district blue.

The way they'll push this through is by trying to with hold infrastructure money (new roads, utilities) if they don't bend to the will.

Kinda devious.
09-08-2020 06:53 AM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(09-08-2020 06:53 AM)gdunn Wrote:  
(09-07-2020 06:39 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  He wants to build pandemic spreading housing to keep the fear going.

It all makes sense.

That's not it.

It's a way of gerrymandering.

Imagine you have a deep blue city and it's a democratic stronghold. Republicans don't stand a chance, but a district next to it is red and it's full of suburbanites... Why keep wasting votes in the city, when you can ship the votes there and turn the red district blue.

The way they'll push this through is by trying to with hold infrastructure money (new roads, utilities) if they don't bend to the will.

Kinda devious.

Exactly what Bloomberg did in Virginia.
09-08-2020 07:02 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(09-07-2020 09:06 PM)sierrajip Wrote:  
(09-07-2020 08:54 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

Its been a while, But coming here I have to see if the other side has changed to the facts.

They're more firmly entrenched in the cult mentality then they've ever been. They know deep down trump has ****** their "brand"...so they've made the decision to just go down with the ship rather than to own up. It's really quite sad.

Hope you can manage to stick around...there's not too many sane voices left here.
09-08-2020 07:03 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(09-08-2020 07:03 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

They're more firmly entrenched in the cult mentality then they've ever been. They know deep down trump has ****** their "brand"...so they've made the decision to just go down with the ship rather than to own up. It's really quite sad.

Hope you can manage to stick around...there's not too many sane voices left here.

Tell me what does anything either of you said has to do with Biden's plan? And a follow up, how about either or both of you telling all of us exactly how you feel about that plan. If you agree with it, why?
09-08-2020 07:11 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
I think these shutdowns are going to get rid of the suburbs more than anything. The allure of the suburbs is that you can live relatively close to work and have decent schools and little crime. Now that nobody has to show up for work anymore, I bet people start buying up acreage. Who really wants to pay $600k to live in a 3,000 sq ft poorly constructed McMansion on a postage stamp with Karen peeking out her window next door? I can get 8 acres on navigable water front 45 minutes away for less than my current .21 acre landlocked corner lot is worth.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2020 07:21 AM by EverRespect.)
09-08-2020 07:19 AM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(09-08-2020 07:11 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  

Tell me what does anything either of you said has to do with Biden's plan? And a follow up, how about either or both of you telling all of us exactly how you feel about that plan. If you agree with it, why?
Wait.. That guy is talking about sanity?
09-08-2020 07:56 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

So you are a Republican?

This is the Democrat's policy. Its what their urban planners want. Make everything like the city. If you don't believe it, its because you are ignorant about these issues and what the planners have been talking about the last 10 years or so.
09-08-2020 08:31 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(09-08-2020 07:11 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  

Well, no way I'm reading anything from Breitbart, but here's a piece from Forbes on his plan.
3 Most Important Proposals In Joe Biden’s $640 Billion Housing Plan

Seems mostly fine to me. I certainly don't see anything that's going to destroy the suburbs. What in your mind would actually do that...making some white folks have to live by black people? Oh, the humanity. 03-zzz

Additionally, this is just a plan. You know damned well if this ever sees a Biden presidential desk, it's going to be massaged like crazy.
09-08-2020 08:51 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

So Tom has no problem with local zoning issues being determined by the federal government.

It will destroy the suburbs as they now exist. It will deny people the right to control their own community and to choose to live in low density housing.

And its a plan basically designed to protect rich people in the cities. There needs to be more density in many places, but those places are the cities. Look at San Francisco where they have single family all through the central city.

Where housing prices have stayed relatively low are places like Dallas and Houston where they allow developers to build. And they have either no zoning (Houston) or a very light hand (Dallas).
09-08-2020 09:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.