Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Black Lives MAGA
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Black Lives MAGA
Dems Worst Nightmare

Quote:We’ve got some strange things going on with regard to race.

For months now, thousands of violent rioters — the vast, vast majority of them evidently Caucasian — have taken to the streets bearing the banner of “Black Lives Matter.”

While screaming at black people in uniforms.

And raging about things having nothing to do with race, like the right to own their own business (capitalism) and the ability to keep from getting dead (anti-anarchical law enforcement).

Meanwhile, the official organization Black Lives Matter — led by “trained Marxists” — lists among its objectives a rebellion against family.

And the Smithsonian is telling us things such as hard work, planning for the future, science, rigid time schedules, aesthetics, justice, competition, and individualism are inherently white.

Here’s another: To hear the media tell it, only the pale prefer the President.

Joe Biden agrees — if you don’t vote for him, “you ain’t black.”

But surprise: Many actual black individuals own their own businesses, show up on time, work hard to compete, and do it in style — like artists.

And they don’t all think alike.

That was made clear in Los Angeles this weekend, as black supporters marched with flags touting “Trump 2020.”

One of the event’s leaders gave the mainstream media narrative a bit of What For:

“Amidst the scorn, and despite being called c**ns and Uncle Tom’s, a few of us black Trump supporters took to the front to head a collective march thru the streets of Los Angeles, as we all showed support for America, Trump, and our police.”

He topped it off with a clever hashtag: #BLACKLIVESMAGA.

Bonus: #liberalsworstnightmare

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/2020...ives-maga/
08-05-2020 10:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Black Lives MAGA
Black Lives MAGA! That is great. Love it!!!
08-05-2020 10:10 AM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
Quote:But surprise: Many actual black individuals own their own businesses, show up on time, work hard to compete, and do it in style — like artists.

What's the point being made with this part? Seems the implication is that none of the people (specifically black people) protesting have jobs or "show up on time" or "work hard" which is simply untrue, not to mention insulting.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2020 10:16 AM by wmubroncopilot.)
08-05-2020 10:15 AM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

08-05-2020 11:02 AM
Advertisement

wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
(08-05-2020 11:02 AM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  You really are not plugged into current events, are you? Oblivious.

Spend a few minutes perusing these links and perhaps you'll understand.

Smithsonian museum apologizes for saying hard work, rational thought is ‘white culture’ Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-...rylink=cpy

‘DEEPLY INSULTING’ African American museum accused of ‘racism’ over whiteness chart linking hard work and nuclear family to white culture

https://nmaahc.si.edu/learn/talking-abou.../whiteness

Yes, I'm aware and I believe that's insulting as well in its own way. I still see a strong implication in the article that protesters in general (although on second read he's not specifically referring to black protesters, my bad on that) are unemployed or lazy.

I have a problem with this framing because I've been to protests and know people in cities in the lower 48 who have been regularly attending. These are largely working class left wing people doing laborious jobs. If they're out of work it is due to current events, not by some choice or personal error.

I understand most people here aren't going to agree with the aim of these protests but I don't think it does us any favors as a country to misrepresent who is involved. It's no better than when liberals characterize all Trump voters as irredeemable racists.
08-05-2020 11:21 AM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
I think the article is referring to the Marxist traits of BLM & how that line of thinking is generally opposed to the traits it citied, as well as black business owners who have suffered under their riots. Individuals attending these riots may be for these traits but BLM the organization isn't.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2020 11:42 AM by Bronco'14.)
08-05-2020 11:40 AM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

Pilot, what I posted in the OP was a RESPONSE to all the drivel being pushed by dems and the MSM that imply that all blacks think alike and must vote dem or they are not black (thanks Biden), the bilge promoted by the Smithsonian Museum of African American History and Culture on whiteness, and the assertion that only white people prefer Trump.

Dems have taken for granted the AA vote for generations. The point was that many blacks are walking away from the democrats and thinking for themselves.

Have you watched any videos of the protesting going on nightly in Portland or Seattle? The vast majority of those protesters (rioters after dark falls) are young white liberals who often deem to tell blacks what is what. The true BLM 'protesters' know to leave before dark as their protest is co-opted by the antifa types who are only there to destroy.

What language do you see in the OP that leads you to think that it implies the protesters are unemployed or lazy?

I'm curious as to what you think that the aim of these protests are at this point?

(08-05-2020 11:21 AM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  I understand most people here aren't going to agree with the aim of these protests but I don't think it does us any favors as a country to misrepresent who is involved.

Who is misrepresenting? Where? Point to it specifically.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2020 11:50 AM by MileHighBronco.)
08-05-2020 11:46 AM
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
You respond to drivel with drivel? How inspiring.
08-05-2020 11:48 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(08-05-2020 10:15 AM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  What's the point being made with this part? Seems the implication is that none of the people (specifically black people) protesting have jobs or "show up on time" or "work hard" which is simply untrue, not to mention insulting.

Maybe it is implying that those people are very happy with their place in life and do not feel the need to protest - they are not angry (which is code for blaming others) or feel oppressed (also a code far too often for blame).

There is no doubt oppression and racial bias exist in our country - 100% no doubt. However, how much of that is real versus perceived; and how much of that is merely an excuse? There in lies the real conundrum.

The POC whom are being referred to as "doing it in style - like artists" all worked hard to get where they are today and understand that you don't get anything handed to you - you earn it. The people rioting and protesting do not feel that way regardless of how hard they work now; they are throwing the victim/racism card to excuse everything except themselves. Again, there is no doubt people are dealt a bad hand, but that is color blind. I know people of all races who struggle in this country - some emerge from it and some don't.
08-05-2020 12:00 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(08-05-2020 11:21 AM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  
(08-05-2020 11:02 AM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  You really are not plugged into current events, are you? Oblivious.

Spend a few minutes perusing these links and perhaps you'll understand.

Smithsonian museum apologizes for saying hard work, rational thought is ‘white culture’ Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-...rylink=cpy

‘DEEPLY INSULTING’ African American museum accused of ‘racism’ over whiteness chart linking hard work and nuclear family to white culture

https://nmaahc.si.edu/learn/talking-abou.../whiteness

Yes, I'm aware and I believe that's insulting as well in its own way. I still see a strong implication in the article that protesters in general (although on second read he's not specifically referring to black protesters, my bad on that) are unemployed or lazy.

I have a problem with this framing because I've been to protests and know people in cities in the lower 48 who have been regularly attending. These are largely working class left wing people doing laborious jobs. If they're out of work it is due to current events, not by some choice or personal error.

I understand most people here aren't going to agree with the aim of these protests but I don't think it does us any favors as a country to misrepresent who is involved. It's no better than when liberals characterize all Trump voters as irredeemable racists.

If you read the article it refutes the very notions you are referring to. Those put out by the (embarrassingly) Smithsonian when they describe "whiteness" and how those traits are somehow racisss or something.

For others, keep scrolling down through the ads and video links etc and read to the end. Some of those stats on the 18-24 and 25-34 (or whatever ages they used) are pretty astounding. Shouldn't be really, but if they hold anywhere close to that and these people vote that way, game over. not even close.
08-05-2020 12:08 PM
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

Social justice warriors don't understand anyone being happy with life.
08-05-2020 12:11 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

(08-05-2020 12:11 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  Social justice warriors don't understand anyone being happy with life.

Maybe they just assume that their own unhappiness with their life is the default position for everybody.
08-05-2020 12:53 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(08-05-2020 12:11 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  Social justice warriors don't understand anyone being happy with life.

Exactly! Case in point.... these people in leadership who laid on the ground to show support or went over the top to show their support still got roasted by those people....

- The mayor who's house was visited by the mob after letting them (try to) burn her city down
- The mayor of Minneapolis who was heckled and boo'd addressing the people he was pandering to (even after vowign to cut the po-lice)
- Many police chiefs and officers who laid down face first on the ground and this miserable people still want their jobs gone.....

These people are inconsolable - they want what only they can give themselves, if anyone else gives them what they want, then they don't want it anymore and they will find another reason to trash you ---- because that is all they really want......
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2020 02:59 PM by Eldonabe.)
08-05-2020 02:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.