Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dems confusions vs Reps solutions
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
Dems confusions vs Reps solutions
Compare the two different approaches to solving problems and getting things done. THIS is why people like Trump and vote for him, and overlook his personality flaws: the man knows how to get things done that HElp all Americans, and especially help poor and middle-class Americans:

[Image: _113408094_gettyimages-1227407196-594x594.jpg]
Above is the comparison of the two approaches: reps chart is smaller, manageable one and Dems' chart is the ridiculous monstrosity, blown up for you below.

Below is the Democratic-Party insane mess:
[Image: trump_flow_chart.png?w=1260&h=10...quality=75]

Remarks by President Trump on the Rebuilding of America’s Infrastructure: Faster, Better, Stronger
07-17-2020 11:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Dems confusions vs Reps solutions
Oh but the democrat chart keeps thousands more bureaucrats employed.
07-18-2020 06:49 AM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
https://www.opb.org/news/article/npr-tru...-projects/

Surprised this didn't get more press. "Trump will destroy all life on earth!!"

It takes 10 years to do a highway project through the feds. Texas has done some toll roads in 3-5 years at a cost massively less (although they are a little more strapped and leveraged out these days). The current rules are unreasonable, although they are not without purpose.

"...The administration’s new regulations are expected to reduce the types and number of projects that will be subject to review under the NEPA. An earlier version of the proposed rules truncated those reviews in an effort to streamline processes that can take years to complete. It also dropped a requirement that agencies consider the cumulative environmental effects of projects, such as their contribution to climate change...."
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2020 10:42 AM by bullet.)
07-18-2020 10:41 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
From the OP's link:

"...The last administration increased the Federal Register by 16,000 pages of job-killing regulations. Under my administration, we have cut the Federal Register by nearly 25,000 pages, more than any President in history, whether it’s four years, eight years, or in one case, more. And we, frankly — this, I would think, is maybe the biggest of all. We did the U.S. Waters — you saw that. The U.S. Waters Act. That was a big one. That was a big one. (Applause.)

I thought I was going to take a lot of heat when I did that, and instead it was just the opposite. People came up — grown men that had never cried, even when they were a baby — they were standing behind me when I signed that bill at the White House, and they were crying. They were crying — because we gave their life back to them. That took their life away. It took their livelihood away. It was a big, big moment.

But this is a big moment today too — probably, possibly equally as big. Today’s action completely modernizes the environmental review process under the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969. We are cutting the federal permitting timeline from a staggering 10 years, 15 years, 18 years, 21 years — you know the story; you’ve seen it — projects that start out. A young guy heads the project. By the time it gets approved or disapproved — in many cases, disapproved; usually disapproved — he’s getting ready to retire.

“So what did you do for your life?” “I worked on one project. We didn’t get it through in the end.” No, we won’t get certain projects through for environmental reasons; they have to be environmentally sound. But you know what? We’re going to know in a year. We’re going to know in a year and a half. We’re not going to know in 20 years. (Applause.)

So we’re cutting the federal permitting timeline for a major project from up to 20 years or more — hard to believe — down to two years or less...."
07-18-2020 10:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.