Massive protests, Corona surge
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Massive protests, Corona surge
Quick close the beaches, churches, and Trump rallies

No way we can have live debates.

Sheep
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2020 10:32 AM by shere khan.)
06-27-2020 10:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Massive protests, Corona surge
While the corona death rate continues to drop like a rock in water
06-27-2020 10:31 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
#muhdippoplaybook

when the 'pages' are empty in the head or can 'swab the knob', it's a tap-in for the fagoos...
06-27-2020 11:25 AM
stinkfist Online

oh Ja!, have I ever mentioned how increased testing would become another tool in the dipshites' shed....

I've inherited dumbfk-land a decade early...hence, sig line 1b)
06-27-2020 11:29 AM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
and yet not one MSM dares suggest the riots/protests are a major factor in the increase.
06-27-2020 11:33 AM
stinkfist Online

(06-27-2020 11:33 AM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  and yet not one MSM dares suggest the riots/protests are a major factor in the increase.

I hear ya bro, but that matters naught...

the concern should be cases discovered vs. deaths and how the ratio continually declines....

the 'answer' is........Alex, give me folk that don't understand fk'n simple math and corruption for a gazillion...
06-27-2020 11:44 AM
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Article in the Los Angeles Times saying handshaking after sporting events needs to go. (not labeled an opinion piece). It tries to claim it'd just be for during the pandemic, but then is largely about how it's been detrimental to sportsmanship, like the Pistons/Bulls series & when Mississippi St players refused to shake hands w/ black Loyola players, and then goes on to claim how sports should find an alternative, citing older studies about how deadly handshakes are & a few players & coaches who agree.

"If the custom fades, experts hope something else will take its place, like the Hindu greeting of Namaste with hands pressed together as if in prayer."
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2020 11:19 AM by Bronco'14.)
06-28-2020 11:16 AM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(06-27-2020 11:33 AM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  and yet not one MSM dares suggest the riots/protests are a major factor in the increase.

This. All I see are explanations about how the right-leaning states in the USA opened up too quickly.
06-28-2020 11:23 AM
Browning Hall Offline
All American

I Root For: Mayhem
(06-28-2020 11:16 AM)Bronco14 Wrote:  Article in the Los Angeles Times saying handshaking after sporting events needs to go. (not labeled an opinion piece). It tries to claim it'd just be for during the pandemic, but then is largely about how it's been detrimental to sportsmanship, like the Pistons/Bulls series & when Mississippi St players refused to shake hands w/ black Loyola players, and then goes on to claim how sports should find an alternative, citing older studies about how deadly handshakes are & a few players & coaches who agree.

"If the custom fades, experts hope something else will take its place, like the Hindu greeting of Namaste with hands pressed together as if in prayer."

I’m shocked they didn’t recommend replacing it with a curtsy.
06-28-2020 11:23 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

They deny it entirely.

Houston is definitely having a surge. I did a quick look up using the devil's search engine and guess what, Minneapolis is having a surge. So is San Francisco. I looked up Pittsburg and it is having a mild increase after a period of decline.

And it all started mid-June while re-opening in places like Texas happened May 1.
06-28-2020 11:26 AM
solohawks Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Protests were 2 - 3 weeks ago were they not?
06-28-2020 11:29 AM
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Death rate & deaths per day continues to drop & drop.

We're being played

(06-28-2020 11:29 AM)solohawks Wrote:  Protests were 2 - 3 weeks ago were they not?

I want to say the burnings were 4 weeks ago.

But you can't count the protests b/c the virus knows not to infect them.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2020 11:35 AM by Bronco'14.)
06-28-2020 11:34 AM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
[Image: EbmQf0EWoAMkQ70?format=jpg&name=medium]

This thing isn't going away anytime soon.
06-28-2020 11:54 AM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(06-28-2020 11:16 AM)Bronco14 Wrote:  Article in the Los Angeles Times saying handshaking after sporting events needs to go. (not labeled an opinion piece). It tries to claim it'd just be for during the pandemic, but then is largely about how it's been detrimental to sportsmanship, like the Pistons/Bulls series & when Mississippi St players refused to shake hands w/ black Loyola players, and then goes on to claim how sports should find an alternative, citing older studies about how deadly handshakes are & a few players & coaches who agree.

We concluded our spring soccer season yesterday and we just waved to the other team. Stupid, but the girls got to play.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
06-28-2020 12:55 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(06-28-2020 11:23 AM)Browning Hall Wrote:  

That would be your preferred greeting. And did you dust off your boomer guns like you said you were going to? I'm not going to take you to my shooting club with dirty Dirty Harry pistolas.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2020 08:19 PM by TigerBlue4Ever.)
06-28-2020 08:17 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Apparently they had queer parades in NYC and Chicago today. Any spikes in cases in those areas will be blamed on racist cops and Trump.
06-28-2020 09:16 PM
Advertisement

Browning Hall Offline
All American

I Root For: Mayhem
(06-28-2020 08:17 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  
(06-28-2020 11:23 AM)Browning Hall Wrote:  

That would be your preferred greeting. And did you dust off your boomer guns like you said you were going to? I'm not going to take you to my shooting club with dirty Dirty Harry pistolas.

My preferred greeting? Screw your shooting club. I’m your huckleberry, old friend. My backyard. Ten paces, one shot.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2020 12:28 AM by Browning Hall.)
06-29-2020 12:14 AM
ODUsmitty Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(06-28-2020 09:16 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Apparently they had queer parades in NYC and Chicago today. Any spikes in cases in those areas will be blamed on racist cops and Trump.

What is this community parading for exactly? They can marry, adopt, openly live their lifestyle, and in some ways are more upwardly mobile due to their protected status. What in the hell more do they demand? Laws in this country can compel tolerance and lack of discrimination. Cool, Ok with that. But, they appear to not only demand tolerance, but support and validation. Nobody owes them that, whether for the most moral, or the most depraved of reasons.
Bridge too far. I'll obey, but that does not compel me to support their lifestyle. To ask more from God-fearing folks is asinine, and vice-versa.
06-29-2020 01:02 AM
bobdizole Online
All American

I Root For: MT
(06-29-2020 01:02 AM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  
(06-28-2020 09:16 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Apparently they had queer parades in NYC and Chicago today. Any spikes in cases in those areas will be blamed on racist cops and Trump.

What is this community parading for exactly? They can marry, adopt, openly live their lifestyle, and in some ways are more upwardly mobile due to their protected status. What in the hell more do they demand? Laws in this country can compel tolerance and lack of discrimination. Cool, Ok with that. But, they appear to not only demand tolerance, but support and validation. Nobody owes them that, whether for the most moral, or the most depraved of reasons.
Bridge too far. I'll obey, but that does not compel me to support their lifestyle. To ask more from God-fearing folks is asinine, and vice-versa.

I think at this point it is just for celebration of obtaining those things you listed.
06-29-2020 06:14 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(06-27-2020 11:44 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

I hear ya bro, but that matters naught...

the concern should be cases discovered vs. deaths and how the ratio continually declines....

the 'answer' is........Alex, give me folk that don't understand fk'n simple math and corruption for a gazillion...

IMO, that is exactly what the media is counting on. So far, it appears to be working.
06-29-2020 06:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.