Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NBC admits 'Meet the Press' deceptively edited Barr's words on Flynn
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
There is no length the MSM will not go to in creating deceptive fake news to fit their bias. What a joke they are.

Quote:NBC News' Chuck Todd aired a deceptively edited clip of Attorney General Bill Barr discussing the Michael Flynn case during his "Meet the Press" broadcast on Sunday, prompting the network to concede the mistake hours later -- but there is still no word on whether Todd will apologize on-air.

Asked by CBS News' Catherine Herridge how history would judge the DOJ's decision to move to dismiss the Flynn case, Barr initially responded, laughing: "Well, history is written by the winners, so it largely depends on who's writing the history."

After the brief clip aired, Todd remarked that he was "struck by the cynicism of the answer -- it's a correct answer, but he's the attorney general. He didn't make the case that he was upholding the rule of law. He was almost admitting that, yeah, this was a political job."

In the full clip, which the NBC show did not air, Barr immediately went on to state explicitly that, in fact, he felt the Flynn decision upheld the rule of law.

"I think a fair history would say it was a good decision because it upheld the rule of law," Barr said. "It upheld the standards of the Department of Justice, and it undid what was an injustice."

The Daily Caller's Greg Price had called out the edit earlier Sunday.

"Very disappointed by the deceptive editing/commentary by @ChuckTodd on @MeetThePress on AG Barr’s CBS interview," DOJ spokeswoman Kerri Kupec wrote. "Compare the two transcripts below. Not only did the AG make the case in the VERY answer Chuck says he didn’t, he also did so multiple times throughout the interview."

In response, the "Meet the Press" Twitter account posted: "You’re correct. Earlier today, we inadvertently and inaccurately cut short a video clip of an interview with AG Barr before offering commentary and analysis. The remaining clip included important remarks from the attorney general that we missed, and we regret the error."

"'Inadvertently strikes again!'" tweeted independent journalist Mike Cernovich.

But, the show did not say it would apologize on-air. NBC News did not respond to Fox News' request for information about an on-air apology, either.

Link
05-10-2020 09:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
Meet the Press and CNN would be having a field day if this kind of blatant and intentionally deceptive reporting was done by Fox News or any other conservative publication against Obama, Biden or any other major lib.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
05-11-2020 12:07 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
RE: NBC admits 'Meet the Press' deceptively edited Barr's words on Flynn
Is it any wonder why outside of the cheerleaders who they pander to, people discount the mainstream media for blatant political bias.
05-11-2020 07:45 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
"Inadvertently" implies mistake, by accident, or unintentional - no?

What is accidental about that? If that "accidental omission" was any of those things, Chuck's response would not have matched up with the answer as you would think he would have bee responding to the whole statement since he, himself heard Bar's answer?
05-11-2020 07:55 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(05-11-2020 07:55 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  "Inadvertently" implies mistake, by accident, or unintentional - no?

What is accidental about that? If that "accidental omission" was any of those things, Chuck's response would not have matched up with the answer as you would think he would have bee responding to the whole statement since he, himself heard Bar's answer?

Exactly. The fact is, Meet the Press intentionally left out what Barr said to push a narrative and didn’t admit anything until caught red handed.

Now, they’ll acknowledge the “non-mistake” as an error as quietly as possible. The near outright lie went out to the public - their followers leave with the belief that Barr did it solely for political purposes.......and mission accomplished.

The MSM is such a disgusting piece of trash. Enemies of the truth and the people.........

I now view the National Enquirer as a more truthful entity.
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2020 08:41 AM by Crebman.)
05-11-2020 08:40 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(05-11-2020 08:40 AM)Crebman Wrote:  
(05-11-2020 07:55 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  "Inadvertently" implies mistake, by accident, or unintentional - no?

Exactly. The fact is, Meet the Press intentionally left out what Barr said to push a narrative and didn’t admit anything until caught red handed.

Now, they’ll acknowledge the “non-mistake” as an error as quietly as possible. The near outright lie went out to the public - their followers leave with the belief that Barr did it solely for political purposes.......and mission accomplished.

The MSM is such a disgusting piece of trash. Enemies of the truth and the people.........

They are certainly more entertaining in reporting their crazy conspiracy theories. CNN could learn from them.
05-11-2020 09:44 AM
Advertisement

fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
these producers need to start losing their jobs.
05-11-2020 10:11 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

(05-11-2020 09:44 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(05-11-2020 08:40 AM)Crebman Wrote:  

They are certainly more entertaining in reporting their crazy conspiracy theories. CNN could learn from them.

I haven't seen any good UFO stories lately, maybe I should grab a current edition.
05-11-2020 10:14 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
For the millionth straight time in the same direction, they apologize for simply getting it wrong.
05-11-2020 10:17 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
There was nothing inadvertent about it. "Inaccurately" is correct, but "inadvertently" is not.
05-11-2020 10:23 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

So what they admitted to in essence was not listening to the entire answer before they provided their commentary?

Todd: Mr Barr did you clear Mr. Flynn based on the Rule of Law?
Barr: No...
Todd: He said no - He said no - it was political - I KNEW IT!

Every word Barr said after "no" was Charlie Browns Teacher in Chuck's head.

Barr was probably still on the line giving his detailed answer while Chuck was already on air denouncing the whole interview.

I am not sure if anyone watched some of the ND/Miami rivalry presentation on ESPN. Many times during those shows they will cut in with comments from "famous" alums. CT was one of them.... He is just a bitter and biased little man. He still screams about that final play in the ND Miami game when he things ND "stole the game". Decades later and he was still openly bitter about it. He is such a dink.
05-11-2020 10:34 AM
Advertisement

450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
(05-11-2020 10:11 AM)fsquid Wrote:  these producers need to start losing their jobs.

Ain't it the truth...
05-11-2020 10:38 AM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Isn't it strange how all these 'inadvertent' errors all go in one direction?
05-11-2020 11:52 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Put this on the stack with all the others. The only "news" they have a chance of me believing is the weather. Maybe.
05-11-2020 12:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
So at what point could they lose their broadcasting rights? Is that such a point? What about accreditations?
05-11-2020 12:56 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(05-11-2020 12:41 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  Put this on the stack with all the others. The only "news" they have a chance of me believing is the weather. Maybe.

Yep, I don't accept anything out of the MSM for face value anymore. Luckily, more and more people are seeing the light as well.
05-11-2020 01:01 PM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
Chuck Todd is one of the worst "reporters" in the country. Screw him.
05-11-2020 01:21 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2020 02:57 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
05-11-2020 02:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(05-11-2020 01:21 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Chuck Todd is one of the worst "reporters" in the country. Screw him.

True.
05-11-2020 03:12 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(05-11-2020 10:17 AM)Kronke Wrote:  For the millionth straight time in the same direction, they apologize for simply getting it wrong.

"Important remarks by the AG that we missed".

uh, hunh. You somehow MISSED those remarks in the very same answer that you quoted from?

How on earth did you just miss that? If true, and of course it's not, then you are clearly either in the wrong line of work or wholly incompetent to be a "reporter".

Learn to code.
05-11-2020 03:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.