Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

State of Emergency
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
State of Emergency
39 states have now declared a state of emergency.

We are in uncharted territory.
03-16-2020 08:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
RE: State of Emergency
TBH I'm more afraid of the panic of the populace than I am of the virus. Panicked masses are stupid and stupid people are dangerous.
03-16-2020 08:56 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Is there anyone here whose financial future has been effected? So far, it's been an inconvenience for sure, but no financial hardships for us have occurred (yet - I think my wife's job might be a problem if this thing drags out to the summer - her nice end-of-year bonus is probably not going to happen either but we'll deal with that later I guess).
03-16-2020 09:03 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(03-16-2020 09:03 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Is there anyone here whose financial future has been effected? So far, it's been an inconvenience for sure, but no financial hardships for us have occurred (yet - I think my wife's job might be a problem if this thing drags out to the summer - her nice end-of-year bonus is probably not going to happen either but we'll deal with that later I guess).

Well obviously, everything in the market is down about 1/3. We just got my wife's bonus which is a significant % of annual salary. Next year's will probably be zero. Its no hardship but its all a dent in where we would be otherwise.

I'm more concerned about the many people who live paycheck to paycheck. Hourly people will have hours cut back or eliminated.
03-16-2020 09:08 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(03-16-2020 09:03 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Is there anyone here whose financial future has been effected? So far, it's been an inconvenience for sure, but no financial hardships for us have occurred (yet - I think my wife's job might be a problem if this thing drags out to the summer - her nice end-of-year bonus is probably not going to happen either but we'll deal with that later I guess).
Certainly the workers at all those arenas and stadiums with cancelled events, workers in closed bars, restaurants, and night clubs, workers in companies without telework capability, just about all small businesses in the service industry, hotels, even smaller event venues for weddings, kids birthday parties, etc, anyone trading in the financial markets, real estate, etc. If this goes on for more than a couple of more weeks you will start seeing more white collar layoffs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
03-16-2020 09:10 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
I'm a RE appraiser. Guidance coming out is No more interior inspections. Gotta hope the lenders will accept drive by appraisals for all of the re-fis coming. If so my income may double. If not it could get tough.
03-16-2020 09:12 PM
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame

I have two good friends who are touring musicians. One in Europe doing concert dates, and the other in the South doing festivals, weddings, etc.

Both have gone overnight from fully booked to no business for the foreseeable future. Really bad situations.
03-16-2020 09:16 PM
200yrs2late Online
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
(03-16-2020 09:12 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  I'm a RE appraiser. Guidance coming out is No more interior inspections. Gotta hope the lenders will accept drive by appraisals for all of the re-fis coming. If so my income may double. If not it could get tough.
I work for a builder. Gotta love you guys sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
03-16-2020 09:25 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
I wonder if we'll get a forever infamous PATRIOT Act equivalent. Something that directly goes after the 2nd and/or 3rd Amendment.
03-16-2020 09:34 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(03-16-2020 09:12 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  I'm a RE appraiser. Guidance coming out is No more interior inspections. Gotta hope the lenders will accept drive by appraisals for all of the re-fis coming. If so my income may double. If not it could get tough.

Cool. I was a MAI candidate when I left the profession and went in to banking. That was right after state licensing went in to effect. I was in the initial group to get a general commercial license in KY and IN. Fees went in the toilet for commercial appraisals with the influx of all the new appraisers.
03-16-2020 11:55 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(03-16-2020 08:45 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  39 states have now declared a state of emergency.

We are in uncharted territory.

Yeah. We've never fully mapped stupid land
03-17-2020 06:59 AM
Advertisement

Eldonabe Online
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(03-16-2020 08:56 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  TBH I'm more afraid of the panic of the populace than I am of the virus. Panicked masses are stupid and stupid people are dangerous.

See empty shelves that TP used to inhabit.....
03-17-2020 07:13 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
I don’t think it’s stupid at all to have at least a couple weeks of supplies on hand when times are good. Under the current landscape I don’t think it’s unreasonable to jack that number up.

We live in an Amazon order just in time society which means the crush on the supply infrastructure when many are buying more than they need right now is incredible.

This has never happened in any of our lifetimes before. 39 simultaneous states of emergency with possibly more to come is sureal.
03-17-2020 08:31 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(03-16-2020 09:16 PM)TripleA Wrote:  

I have two good friends who are touring musicians. One in Europe doing concert dates, and the other in the South doing festivals, weddings, etc.

Both have gone overnight from fully booked to no business for the foreseeable future. Really bad situations.

My son is on Broadway which is closed and his 'backup' restaurant job just closed as well
03-17-2020 09:47 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(03-17-2020 09:47 AM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(03-16-2020 09:16 PM)TripleA Wrote:  

My son is on Broadway which is closed and his 'backup' restaurant job just closed as well

My buddy who tours Europe is in NYC, as well. Good luck to all of them.
03-17-2020 10:10 AM
DFWMINER Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies
My neighbor sold his business last year and told me yesterday he has lost $900k due to the stock market crash.
03-17-2020 10:43 AM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(03-17-2020 08:31 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  I don’t think it’s stupid at all to have at least a couple weeks of supplies on hand when times are good. Under the current landscape I don’t think it’s unreasonable to jack that number up.

We live in an Amazon order just in time society which means the crush on the supply infrastructure when many are buying more than they need right now is incredible.

This has never happened in any of our lifetimes before. 39 simultaneous states of emergency with possibly more to come is sureal.

Heard Amazon was hiring 100,000 new people to meet the crush of orders. So someone is hiring.
03-17-2020 11:29 AM
Momus Offline
Banned

I Root For: Myself
No need for you right-wingers to do anything. It’s all just a hyped up media hoax, right? Your right-wing news outlets wouldn’t lie to you. They told you it wasn’t even as bad as the seasonal flu. So don’t go buy anything. Don’t do anything out of the ordinary. Just keep buying the dangerous BS that Trump and his news mouthpieces have been peddling. Nothing to see here.
03-17-2020 11:52 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Nobody that I am aware of has said anything like it's JUST a hyped-up media hoax. The "right-wing" sources that I have seen have characterized it as a real problem, that democrats and the media have seized on to try to perpetrate hysteria for political benefit. I think that is an accurate description. I don't see anyone ignoring it, perhaps because I am not ignoring it, so I'm not seeing much of anyone, period.
03-17-2020 12:13 PM
zyxwvutsru Offline
Cubicle Warrior

I Root For: UTEP
(03-17-2020 11:52 AM)Momus Wrote:  No need for you right-wingers to do anything. It’s all just a hyped up media hoax, right? Your right-wing news outlets wouldn’t lie to you. They told you it wasn’t even as bad as the seasonal flu. So don’t go buy anything. Don’t do anything out of the ordinary. Just keep buying the dangerous BS that Trump and his news mouthpieces have been peddling. Nothing to see here.

Stupid is as stupid does.
03-17-2020 12:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.