WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WMU/Toledo Prediction Thread
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
WMU/Toledo Prediction Thread
I am just going to be honest here...

We are going to take it in the shorts this weekend. We literally would have to play perfect on defense and near perfect on offense... We haven't gotten close to that even in our non-P5 games this season...

Toledo is going to run all over this defense. I am not worried about the big hitters gashing up our defense and quickly scoring. Toledo is going to plod down the field with 6 and 9yd runs anytime they decide to use the ground game... We are going to have trouble containing the QB runs much like we had trouble against SU.

Offense is going to score... but not enough. We start turning the ball over we will get blown off the field. If we can score some freebies we can keep it closer...

Vegas is high thinking that the spread should only be Toledo -2....

So far Lester has not shown an ability to regularly keep his squads prepared for these kind of games... Toledo is basically a P5 in our conference right now... with a near win at Kentucky and wins over Colorado State and BYU... I expect this game to go almost exactly like the Syracuse beat down...

As a fan I hope I am wrong... but reality is what it is... our defense is bend but don't break against lesser teams... but against the likes of Toledo its going to be bend and then break...

WMU - 24
Toledo - 51
10-02-2019 02:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rasser Offline
Banned

I Root For: World peas
RE: WMU/Toledo Prediction Thread
I'm changing my prediction.

WMU 42
Mudhens 34

Our defense showed it can play, now it'll show the improvement needed for a full game, and no way can Toledo stop our offense. I saw CSU's put over 40 on them with their 2nd string QB who never played a down of college football.

We'll control the ball, TOP, score and keep their O off of the field.

And we won't have to listen to a certain waste case alumni cry all day after, BONUS!!!
10-02-2019 02:28 PM
GullLake Offline
Support Hong Kong protesters!

I Root For: Joe Manchin
Rockets 35
Broncos 27

UT is good. So is WMU.

The Broncos make a game out of it, but won't be able to get important 4th quarter stops to win it.

Turnovers will obviously play an important role. WMU must win the TO battle to remain close.
10-02-2019 02:28 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

UT 45 WMU 35
10-02-2019 02:56 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
WMU - 34
Toledo - 44

As seen in Syracuse, MSU, and during some of CMU (thanks to penalties as one culprit) -- our O can move the ball, but stall. Toledo's good at giving up yards but holding you from scoring. We need to get over that hump to have a shot at winning the MAC West, but jumping into @Toledo so early skips some experience time we'd really need.

Additionally, Toledo's O is better than the 'Cuse, and IMO, on a regular day is as good as MSU on a Good day.

I think Toledo's up 44-27 late 4th Q, thanks to us stalling which Toledo knows how to make one do. We get a TD in late in the game to make it seem more respectable.
10-02-2019 03:30 PM
GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

Toledo 48
WMU 31

Lester has yet to win a big road game, the trend will continue.
10-02-2019 03:46 PM
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Online
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
I had 52-12 Toledo on the Conference Boards, but I'll revise it to 52-17 Toledo.

Toledo gets out to a 14-0 lead fast. Trying to keep up, we make a mistake and turnover the ball, allowing Toledo to dig us into a hole fast.

Similar to last year.
10-02-2019 03:59 PM
RaybanBronco Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Anyone but CMU
UT 51 WMU 35
10-02-2019 05:12 PM
fastbuicks Offline
Special Teams

WMU 35 Toledo 28
10-02-2019 05:39 PM
uclabruin Offline
1st String

I Root For: Against USC
Toledo 42
WMU 28

Hope I am wrong
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2019 06:54 PM by uclabruin.)
10-02-2019 06:54 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

I've seen a lot of hand-wringing from WMU fans about this game (some even calling for a blowout loss), and I've got to say...I just don't get it. Yes, Toledo is a good team. Lots of talent and some key playmakers. They've done well so far this year, but I also think they haven't been tested yet. Kentucky sucks this year (but still beat UT soundly) and EMU played them just as tough as UT did. UK was winning by 20 points with 1 minute left in the game, then UT scored a garbage time TD to make the score look more respectable. Murray State is bottom of the barrel. Colorado State is 1-4 and was playing with their backup QB. And that backup threw for 400 yards! CSU racked up 700 yards of total offense. BYU is a good win. They're having a down year, but I can't fault for UT for beating a respectable opponent. The point is, every one of Toledo's opponents thus far has a losing record. It's really not an impressive resume.

Toledo is 12th in the MAC in yards against, with their defense allowing 475 yards of offense per game. Their defense is very bend-don't-break, as they're only giving up 24 points per game. But do you think the bending is going to work against a WMU offense that can move the ball with ease against even the toughest defense? UT is giving up 300 yards per game through the air. Wassink has got to be licking his chops right now.

I understand everyone is worried about their run game with Guadagni, Koback and Seymour. I get it. In years past it would have terrified me to my core. But the run game is not our D's weakness anymore. I mean, the run D isn't GOOD, but they've been making stops when they need to. Giving up 190 yards per game which is middle of the pack in the MAC.

I don't know if we're going to win, but I expect it to be a great game. It will likely be a high-flying shootout like it usually is. I think Wassink is the better passing QB right now and WMU's receivers are in a better place. Toledo has had trouble putting pressure on the QB and it will hurt them in this one. I think Vegas has it right, basically calling this one a push.

WMU: 45
Toledo: 42
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2019 08:38 PM by ColinApocalypse.)
10-02-2019 08:37 PM
Advertisement

Broncodan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Broncos!!
TL gets his big signature win since he’s been here. Although we gave up yards to cmu last week, the defense played a solid 3.5 quarters last week against a much improved cmu offense. Hoping the confidence rolls over to this week and we get enough stops to win.

WMU 45
Toledo 41
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2019 09:09 PM by Broncodan.)
10-02-2019 09:07 PM
schwebbs84 Offline
1st String

I see Toledo winning and covering. If that happens, I'd take the under.

In the somewhat unlikely scenario that WMU wins, it will be basketball on turf like Buffalo two years ago.
10-02-2019 09:13 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Checker Motors 31
Willy's Overland 24

WMU continues their March to a league title
10-02-2019 10:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:I've seen a lot of hand-wringing from WMU fans about this game (some even calling for a blowout loss), and I've got to say...I just don't get it.

I don't get why some would think a blow-out loss is certain -- although it happened at home last year, and this is @Toledo, we haven't been good on the road this year and @Toledo comparatively speaking shouldn't be an exception. That said, anyone assuming WMU scores less points than they should have VS @MSU (one of the best Ds) -- that's what I don't get. Toledo has an improved D where they can step-up. But it's still Toledo D which is nothing to be in fear of by itself. Against @MSU, we should have scored, say 24 (give up the 2 missed FGs where one was understandable the other wasn't; but keep the shoulda-TD in end-zone). So I think it'd be safe to assume we'd score 27 minimum, assuming we don't fall apart. Pretty safe to say we break into 30s, even without bringing our optimal game overall.

Quote:Kentucky sucks this year (but still beat UT soundly)

I think it's too early to say Kentucky SUCKS this year. They shoulda beat Florida as they were beating them most the game but collapsed in the 4th. Lost two on the road to Miss-St & SC, which yes, thwarts them from challenging the SEC. Could end up sucking. We shall see.

Quote:The point is, every one of Toledo's opponents thus far has a losing record. It's really not an impressive resume.

Yeah, but most of Kentucky's games were oddly in-conference, in the SEC. And they beat two of the top MAC teams pretty solidly.
BYU has a Super-tough schedule, and beat USC & Tennessee. So being 2-3 isn't that bad. Besides Toledo -- Ranked 4-1 Washington & Utah.
And Colorado State isn't as bad as their mere record indicates in the G5. Lost a close one @Utah State, lost by under 3 TDs to @Arkansas & Colorado, while in a barn-burner vs Toledo.

I agree with Toledo giving up too many yards. That's what makes me realize that it's silly to assume we'll, in the end, be under 30pts.

Quote:I don't know if we're going to win, but I expect it to be a great game.

I'm pretty sure we're not going to win. I'd be leaning more toward your POV if it was at home. I wouldn't be SHOCKED if we won -- but pretty Surprised. But on the road twice, we gave up A RIDICULOUS AMT when we were NOT facing high-powered offenses.

We can win, we Could win -- but I put $500 down that we WON'T win, and I'm not worried as far as the bet's concerned. Because my worry is Far Greater about us out performing them in Mudhen Town. I just HOPE it's a close game. And as far as a close game's concerned, I think there's truly a good chance. Truly a better chance than us in the end being blown out as some fear (I admit, I have a bit of that). I think our team will have at least a bit better D for this road game to prevent that, if we do make some offensive mistakes.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019 12:01 AM by toddjnsn.)
10-02-2019 11:54 PM
Bronc33 Offline
1st String

(10-02-2019 11:54 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  Yeah, but most of Kentucky's games were oddly in-conference, in the SEC. And they beat two of the top MAC teams pretty solidly.
BYU has a Super-tough schedule, and beat USC & Tennessee. So being 2-3 isn't that bad.

You really counting Tennessee as a good win?

Didn't we beat another team that beat them by like.... 47 points?
10-03-2019 08:05 AM
Advertisement

flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

One thing I’ve noticed with this WMU defense is that they never quit. Each week they seem to show improvement in little areas that are starting to show up in the whole picture. Still some missteps here and there and some definite miscommunication on occasion... but they are getting better little by little... confidence is starting to build.

Looking forward to seeing if that trend is still moving forward on Saturday.

Even in the Syracuse game the score was close late in the game due to some key stops... bad turnovers really tilted that one. Need to be positive in turnover margin Saturday!
10-03-2019 08:42 AM
DrDavis Offline
2nd String

Facts:

- Toledo holds the all time edge in wins with 43 to WMU's 30.
- In the last 20 years Toledo again holds the edge 13 - 7
- WMU has won 13 times when playing in Toledo
- WMU has gone 3 W and 8 L when playing in Toledo in the last 20 years

Water is wet and Toledo is good especially in the glass bowl.

WMU 35
Toledo 52
10-03-2019 09:02 AM
floridabronco Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU #1
(10-02-2019 10:12 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Checker Motors 31
Willy's Overland 24

WMU continues their March to a league title

I remember both! I’m old!
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019 11:20 AM by floridabronco.)
10-03-2019 11:18 AM
RunningGame Offline
All American

If WMU plays loose, we win. If they play like they are afraid of making mistakes, they will and we will lose.
10-03-2019 11:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.