Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fire Charlie Strong
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
Fire Charlie Strong
I apologize up front to the AAC for that debacle last night. That was the worst showing in USF history.

USF deserves to be kicked out of AAC.

USF may not win a game this year. At most 1 or 2 wins. That was beyond garbage.

Chuck Strong has taken a solid 11 win program and ran it into the ditch. I am embarrassed at how bad this program got so fast. He was given the keys to an upper echelon AAC team and turned it into the worst FBS program in the country. There aren't 5 worse programs in FBS right now.

7 straight losses, just about all of them big blowout losses.

Hiring Chuck Strong was just about the worst decision USF has ever made. His team has already quit. He can't motivate his way out of a paper bag. His teams are unorganized, commit stupid mistakes, and untimely penalties. If this continues, the AAC needs to boot us out and get back to 10 teams to have a championship game.

We deserve to be in FCS right now.

We will get absolutely pummeled in AAC play. I would be shocked if we somehow won more than 2 games.

We are the worst program in FBS right now. USF needs to cut it's losses and get rid of Strong. There is a reason Texas ran him out of town.

I've never seen such an unprepared USF team. Worst loss in program history. Nothing is changing under strong, we are getting worse and worse and worse. We are a laughingstock. Our program is in complete shambles and disarray. Our players are undisciplined and untalented. Things have spiraled out of control. There is no recovery.

End this NOW, or shut down the program!!!

I may not watch another USF game this year.
08-31-2019 10:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
RE: Fire Charlie Strong
I, and many fellow members of Bearcat Nation, know how you feel. USF doesn't deserve to be kicked out of the league [all jokes aside]. USF needs a coach that is an up and comer that has fire in his belly to work, work, and outwork some more the opposition. A guy that breathes, eats, sleeps, shats all things South Florida with a bed in his office for late nights. I have a feeling that the past 6 games from last year and the remaining schedule for this year will take care of your coaching issue at hand. Stay positive that change is coming, and for the better...

#FireChuckWeak
08-31-2019 10:43 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
We'll save you a spot in the NEC. It's basically the old Big East - lite.
08-31-2019 10:47 AM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-31-2019 10:47 AM)HuskyU Wrote:  We'll save you a spot in the NEC. It's basically the old Big East - lite.

Maybe we can actually compete there. Then again, probably not, under Strong.
08-31-2019 10:48 AM
GoOwls111 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: No CFP BIAS
(08-31-2019 10:36 AM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  I apologize up front to the AAC for that debacle last night. That was the worst showing in USF history.

Chuck Strong has taken a solid 11 win program and ran it into the ditch. I am embarrassed at how bad this program got so fast. He was given the keys to an upper echelon AAC team and turned it into the worst FBS program in the country. There aren't 5 worse programs in FBS right now.

Hiring Chuck Strong was just about the worst decision USF has ever made. His team has already quit. He can't motivate his way out of a paper bag. His teams are unorganized, commit stupid mistakes, and untimely penalties. If this continues, the AAC needs to boot us out and get back to 10 teams to have a championship game.

We will get absolutely pummeled in AAC play. I would be shocked if we somehow won more than 2 games.

We are the worst program in FBS right now. USF needs to cut it's losses and get rid of Strong. There is a reason Texas ran him out of town.

I've never seen such an unprepared USF team. Worst loss in program history. Nothing is changing under strong, we are getting worse and worse and worse. We are a laughingstock. Our program is in complete shambles and disarray. Our players are undisciplined and untalented. Things have spiraled out of control. There is no recovery.

Simple solution...Fire Charlie Strong and promote Kerwin Bell to Head Coach and the team should be ready for next week.

Bell and a few players (Other than Blake Barnett) were the only ones that showed any sign of life on the sidelines last night.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019 10:57 AM by GoOwls111.)
08-31-2019 10:56 AM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
Yes, Strong should be gone this year. No, USF should not be booted from the American. USF has many things going for it and will be back in football. I think the administration, like Cincinnati previously, got caught up in the coaches name.
08-31-2019 10:58 AM
Advertisement

Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
Even Scotty Montgomery thinks Strong needs to go.
08-31-2019 10:59 AM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
UC grad knows what he is talking about. Usf will be back, but it cannot be done in this conference with a coach that coasts.
08-31-2019 10:59 AM
baruna falls Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
As a fan who has.suffered through 3 years of much the same bs, I can tell you Strong looks alot like the Coach Mo at ECU. The head coach sets the tone, and both Strong and Mo are not leaders. They are soft and USf will continue to struggle until he is gone.
08-31-2019 11:01 AM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

What needs to happen. Fire Strong immediately. Hire Kerwin Bell as the interim coach (he did win a NC in D2) and see if USF develops. Start Jordan McCloud at QB and see if he's the QB of the future or not. Starting Barnett is doing nothing. He's gone after this year anyway.
08-31-2019 11:06 AM
zoocrew Offline
Banned

I Root For: PITT, NAVY, MBB
Please just please do not hire Willie Taggert back after he’s canned by FSU this year.

That said, I think everyone is crazy saying this team will win 1 or 2 games.

I’d still bet on 6/7.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019 11:07 AM by zoocrew.)
08-31-2019 11:06 AM
Advertisement

BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-31-2019 11:06 AM)zoocrew Wrote:  Please just please do not hire Willie Taggert back after he’s canned by FSU this year.

That said, I think everyone is crazy saying this team will win 1 or 2 games.

I’d still bet on 6/7.

What have you possibly seen to think this team can win more than 2 games. These are the results of the last 7 games Strong has coached:

Loss vs. Houston 57-36
Loss vs. Tulane 41-15
Loss vs. Cincinnati 35-23
Loss vs. Temple 27-17
Loss vs. UCF 38-10
Loss vs. Marshall 38-20
Loss vs. Wisconsin 49-0

Notice a trend here. Things are getting worse and worse. We aren't even competitive any more. We're getting blown out by Tulane and Marshall, and with all due respect to those programs, should never happen to a team stocked with FL players.
08-31-2019 11:14 AM
UCF_SystemsEng Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
(08-31-2019 11:06 AM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  What needs to happen. Fire Strong immediately. Hire Kerwin Bell as the interim coach (he did win a NC in D2) and see if USF develops. Start Jordan McCloud at QB and see if he's the QB of the future or not. Starting Barnett is doing nothing. He's gone after this year anyway.

Please wait until after the War on I4 game. I think Kerwin is the real deal and might actually bring you your first ever conference title in the near future. As a UCF fan I would be happy with either of these alternatives:
A) Shut down your athletic programs and rename your school to Midwest Florida University
B) Be forever fiercely competitive with us, but always slightly behind in the standings
08-31-2019 11:19 AM
St. H. Gink Offline
All American

I Root For: CollegeFootball
(08-31-2019 10:36 AM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  I apologize up front to the AAC for that debacle last night. That was the worst showing in USF history.

Agreed.

07-coffee3
08-31-2019 11:40 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
The problem isn't Strong.
08-31-2019 11:43 AM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
Fire Charlie Strong
Ah its nice to see people trying to mimic the great fire applewhite thread... i enjoy watching others suffer what us coog fans suffered.

Sent from the warp via the ruinous powers of chaos.
08-31-2019 11:46 AM
Advertisement

BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-31-2019 11:43 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  The problem isn't Strong.

It isn't? Tags had things rolling. Back to back top 25 seasons. Scoring 45 points plus a game. Exciting football.

Notice how things started going downhill literally as soon as Strong took over. The only thing that saved Strong the first year was Flowers, and even then the offense took a huge step back.

If Taggart can win at USF, why can't strong.
08-31-2019 11:47 AM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-31-2019 11:40 AM)St. H. Gink Wrote:  

Agreed.

07-coffee3

Glad someone agrees with me. I hope we don't win another game until Strong is gone. If that's what it takes to get him out of here. Winning a few games here and there will only prolong the inevitable.
08-31-2019 11:48 AM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
(08-31-2019 11:46 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  Ah its nice to see people trying to mimic the great fire applewhite thread... i enjoy watching others suffer what us coog fans suffered.

Be careful what you wish for. Houston now has a coach from a P5 team who wore out his welcome and best days are far behind, similar to Tuberville and Strong.
08-31-2019 11:49 AM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
Fire Charlie Strong
(08-31-2019 11:49 AM)vick mike Wrote:  
(08-31-2019 11:46 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  Ah its nice to see people trying to mimic the great fire applewhite thread... i enjoy watching others suffer what us coog fans suffered.

Be careful what you wish for. Houston now has a coach from a P5 team who wore out his welcome and best days are far behind, similar to Tuberville and Strong.

Difference is he is a good coach at a bad school and he is a former UH coach.

08-31-2019 11:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.