Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The rest of the state of Florida owes USF a debt of gratitude
usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
We blew so hard last night that Dorian is turning away from the state.

That said, I'm not even gonna open the "official" thread. I might be tempted to go put my head in an oven.

Ugh, what a disaster.

USFFan
08-31-2019 08:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: The rest of the state of Florida owes USF a debt of gratitude
"They went from suck to blow!"
08-31-2019 08:33 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
(08-31-2019 08:31 AM)usffan Wrote:  We blew so hard last night that Dorian is turning away from the state.

That said, I'm not even gonna open the "official" thread. I might be tempted to go put my head in an oven.

Ugh, what a disaster.

USFFan

Thank you! (It was looking really, REALLY bad for awhile...but hopefully that northern track will happen now in the coming days).
08-31-2019 08:41 AM
BraveKnight Offline
All American

(08-31-2019 08:31 AM)usffan Wrote:  We blew so hard last night that Dorian is turning away from the state.

Ugh, what a disaster.

USFFan
LOL that's actually funny. How much is Strong's buyout? Clearly he's running the program into the ground, I mean there were probably more Wisconsin fans there than USF, and that's definitely a red flag. Kinda like the Tubby situation at Memphis but much worse. Hopefully you guys can right the ship 04-cheers
08-31-2019 08:42 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user

Ugh, what a disaster.

USFFan

you could just drill a head size hole in your microwave's door and suction your head in there. that's what the dad did in the novel infinite jest. just like a potato without being punctured
08-31-2019 08:50 AM
Advertisement

usffan Offline
Heisman

(08-31-2019 08:42 AM)BraveKnight Wrote:  

Ugh, what a disaster.

USFFan
LOL that's actually funny. How much is Strong's buyout? Clearly he's running the program into the ground, I mean there were probably more Wisconsin fans there than USF, and that's definitely a red flag. Kinda like the Tubby situation at Memphis but much worse. Hopefully you guys can right the ship 04-cheers

Well, we do have one in our end zone...

[Image: QzgL7H5.gif]

It's a very fair question. Charlie was hired by Mark Harlan, who's now the AD at Utah, under Judy Genshaft, who's no longer president. Hard to imagine Mike Kelly will stake his reputation on a coach who's lost his last 7 in a row, and the new president (Steve Currall) can't have enjoyed much about last night after the coin flip (which he and his wife did). I might have been tempted to think that Kerwin Bell would have been a reasonable call up (and certainly would be a reasonable interim coach), but nothing about the doughnut we posted last night, including roughly 3,874,591 dropped passes, gives me a sense of confidence that he's some kind of offensive genius. The most offensive performance I saw was from our defense. You or I could have run for multiple TD's against our defense last night the way we were tackling...

When does basketball season start?

USFFan
08-31-2019 08:53 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
That was really bad. I'm sure usf will turn it around, but not with strong.
08-31-2019 09:13 AM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy

Ugh, what a disaster.

USFFan

Follow your good intuition. Do not open, it is bad in there.
08-31-2019 09:23 AM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

How much is his buyout? And can usf afford it?
08-31-2019 09:51 AM
Advertisement

Sideshow2313 Offline
1st String

(08-31-2019 09:51 AM)jaredf29 Wrote:  How much is his buyout? And can usf afford it?

I think they do not fire him so they can keep their IPF on track. He can still pull it out, he is still above .500 at USF.
08-31-2019 10:09 AM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
(08-31-2019 09:51 AM)jaredf29 Wrote:  How much is his buyout? And can usf afford it?

Can USF afford NOT to buy Strong out?
08-31-2019 10:15 AM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU

https://projects.newsday.com/college-foo...ie-strong/
08-31-2019 10:16 AM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

(08-31-2019 10:16 AM)Pony94 Wrote:  

https://projects.newsday.com/college-foo...ie-strong/

Thanks. It looks like $1.7 million. I’m not sure they can swing that. They’ve struggled to raise $20 million for an ipf.
08-31-2019 10:25 AM
Advertisement

sierrajip Offline
Heisman

Ugh, what a disaster.

USFFan

That is good news.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019 06:51 PM by sierrajip.)
08-31-2019 06:50 PM
The Brown Bull Offline
usf97

No one actually knows what CCS’s buyout is. Per his contract it looked rather reasonable.

Unfortunately, Mark Harlan, Utah’s current AD signed a poison pill side deal with CCS via the USF Foundation to avoid disclosing the actual buyout due to Sunshine State laws.

He is owed $7.8 million on his last 3 years so I suspect his buyout is actually $7.8 million.
But short answer is only USF and CCS know and nobody is sayin.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/usf-bull...-presumed/
08-31-2019 07:05 PM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

(08-31-2019 07:05 PM)The Brown Bull Wrote:  No one actually knows what CCS’s buyout is. Per his contract it looked rather reasonable.

Unfortunately, Mark Harlan, Utah’s current AD signed a poison pill side deal with CCS via the USF Foundation to avoid disclosing the actual buyout due to Sunshine State laws.

He is owed $7.8 million on his last 3 years so I suspect his buyout is actually $7.8 million.
But short answer is only USF and CCS know and nobody is sayin.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/usf-bull...-presumed/
Well that sucks. After O’leary, UCF made every coach’s contract public.
08-31-2019 08:04 PM
GoOwls111 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: No CFP BIAS
(08-31-2019 08:53 AM)usffan Wrote:  
(08-31-2019 08:42 AM)BraveKnight Wrote:  

Ugh, what a disaster.

USFFan

Well, we do have one in our end zone...

[Image: QzgL7H5.gif]

It's a very fair question. Charlie was hired by Mark Harlan, who's now the AD at Utah, under Judy Genshaft, who's no longer president. Hard to imagine Mike Kelly will stake his reputation on a coach who's lost his last 7 in a row, and the new president (Steve Currall) can't have enjoyed much about last night after the coin flip (which he and his wife did). I might have been tempted to think that Kerwin Bell would have been a reasonable call up (and certainly would be a reasonable interim coach), but nothing about the doughnut we posted last night, including roughly 3,874,591 dropped passes, gives me a sense of confidence that he's some kind of offensive genius. The most offensive performance I saw was from our defense. You or I could have run for multiple TD's against our defense last night the way we were tackling...

When does basketball season start?

USFFan

For USF, not soon enough.
09-01-2019 12:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.