Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Expansion and Bowls
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: &
Expansion and Bowls
Something to think about, BYU, CSU, and Air Force are looking at a less desirable bowl line up then the AAC (for BYU this could be as enticing as the NY6 game). Side note UConn will have no bowl tie or chance for a bowl tie till 2026.

If ESPN wants to make something happen they could easily sweeten any deal. Adding BYU Colorado St, and Air Force opens some possibilities.

ESPN has the ACC flip from the Sun to the Independence. The Sun vs PAC #5 becomes the bowl for the best Western Division team (BYU, CSU, AFA, Navy, Houston, SMU, & Tulsa)

They up the pay out for the Military bowl a bit and move up the selection process to #6 vs the ACC. The Military vs ACC #6 becomes the bowl for the best Eastern Division team (Temple, Cincinnati, Memphis, Tulane, ECU, UCF, USF).

We get an Armed Forces straight tie in and the Big 12 half of the Dallas bowl.

Keep Fenway vs ACC, Birmingham vs SEC, Gasparilla vs SEC.

Hawaii bowl as the other half of Dallas tie for Hawaii Bowl (AFA, BYU, Navy, & maybe CSU would like it).

Expansion Bowl Line up:

Tier 1

NY6 (hopefully it's a lock if we just perform)

Champs (Division or Conference)

Sun (West) vs PAC . . . . . Military (East) vs ACC

Tier 2

Fenway vs ACC
Birmingham vs SEC
Gasparilla vs SEC

Tier 3

Armed Forces vs Big Xii/G4
Dallas/Hawaii vs Big Xii/G4
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2019 02:37 PM by Foreverandever.)
06-26-2019 02:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: Expansion and Bowls
The Sun Bowl is ACC vs PAC12
06-26-2019 02:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

(06-26-2019 02:52 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  The Sun Bowl is ACC vs PAC12

Did you read the post?

Maybe try again you are usually much more on top of these things.
06-26-2019 02:59 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(06-26-2019 02:59 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  

Did you read the post?

I did read it...but it doesn't seem too likely. The Sun Bowl is more prestigious than the Independence Bowl. The other thing is the Sun Bowl is a CBS Bowl and the Independence Bowl is an ESPN Bowl. That complicates things...
06-26-2019 03:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

(06-26-2019 03:21 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(06-26-2019 02:59 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  

Did you read the post?

I did read it...but it doesn't seem too likely. The Sun Bowl is more prestigious than the Independence Bowl. The other thing is the Sun Bowl is a CBS Bowl and the Independence Bowl is an ESPN Bowl. That complicates things...

Some, but the ACC is an ESPN property.

So the PAC gets the ACC in the Independence and ESPN can add a little more to its pay out, the ACC gets a bigger pay out of the Military bowl. The Sun gets a whole division around it and a PAC team.

Not saying it's perfect but something along those lines with ESPN could work to pull in more teams who are hesitant and move AAC ADs who want to stay at eleven to bump up.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2019 05:24 PM by Foreverandever.)
06-26-2019 05:20 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
lol the Sun bowl isn't trading the ACC or PAC out for the AAC.
06-26-2019 05:35 PM
YNot Offline
All American

I Root For: BYU
Better strategy is to invite SDSU, Boise State, and BYU and go after the Holiday Bowl vs PAC 12. Back-up option would be to steal the new Los Angeles Bowl from the MWC, again, vs PAC 12.

TIER 1
Fiesta/Cotton/Peach vs NY6
Holiday/or Los Angeles vs PAC
Military vs ACC

TIER 2
Fenway vs ACC
Birmingham vs SEC
Gasparilla vs SEC
Armed Forces or First Responder vs Big 12

TIER 3
Hawaii vs MWC
Cure vs CUSA/MAC/Sun Belt
Frisco vs MWC/CUSA/Sun Belt

This is how to get BYU to seriously consider the AAC.
06-26-2019 05:37 PM
Advertisement

Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Even if they did come in ... the way BYU is recruiting they won't be playing in any of those bowls anyway. 03-wink
06-26-2019 05:45 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
BYU FB needs to get it together, that's for sure.

But I'd still take them in a heartbeat.

Brand power is brand power, even if the bark is worse than the bite....similar to Pesik or Pony94
06-26-2019 05:49 PM
Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Sure I want them to for their brand ... And recruiting will get better, I think, if regular playing in the AAC expands their recruiting base. That's said right now I think they're in the bottom half of the conference.
06-26-2019 06:07 PM
Advertisement

YNot Offline
All American

(06-26-2019 05:45 PM)Tigers2B1 Wrote:  Even if they did come in ... the way BYU is recruiting they won't be playing in any of those bowls anyway. 03-wink

Don't underestimate those 2-star diamonds....especially after 2 years of proselyting and not working out or touching a football...
06-26-2019 06:08 PM
YNot Offline
All American

(06-26-2019 06:07 PM)Tigers2B1 Wrote:  Sure I want them to for their brand ... And recruiting will get better, I think, if regular playing in the AAC expands their recruiting base. That's said right now I think they're in the bottom half of the conference.

The way things are going, BYU will pummel Houston and then lose to ECU. Tie for 3rd place in the West.
06-26-2019 06:13 PM
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

(06-26-2019 05:37 PM)YNot Wrote:  Better strategy is to invite SDSU, Boise State, and BYU and go after the Holiday Bowl vs PAC 12. Back-up option would be to steal the new Los Angeles Bowl from the MWC, again, vs PAC 12.

TIER 1
Fiesta/Cotton/Peach vs NY6
Holiday/or Los Angeles vs PAC
Military vs ACC

TIER 2
Fenway vs ACC
Birmingham vs SEC
Gasparilla vs SEC
Armed Forces or First Responder vs Big 12

TIER 3
Hawaii vs MWC
Cure vs CUSA/MAC/Sun Belt
Frisco vs MWC/CUSA/Sun Belt

This is how to get BYU to seriously consider the AAC.

The holiday is a higher tier bowl, I'm all for that not sure PAC will want to put their #4 against us. The LA bowl? Not for our top teams but it's a great bowl and would pretty much lock down all the P5 bowls available.
06-26-2019 06:22 PM
Advertisement

msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
(06-26-2019 02:33 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  Something to think about, BYU, CSU, and Air Force are looking at a less desirable bowl line up then the AAC (for BYU this could be as enticing as the NY6 game). Side note UConn will have no bowl tie or chance for a bowl tie till 2026.

If ESPN wants to make something happen they could easily sweeten any deal. Adding BYU Colorado St, and Air Force opens some possibilities.

ESPN has the ACC flip from the Sun to the Independence. The Sun vs PAC #5 becomes the bowl for the best Western Division team (BYU, CSU, AFA, Navy, Houston, SMU, & Tulsa)

They up the pay out for the Military bowl a bit and move up the selection process to #6 vs the ACC. The Military vs ACC #6 becomes the bowl for the best Eastern Division team (Temple, Cincinnati, Memphis, Tulane, ECU, UCF, USF).

Hawaii bowl as the other half of Dallas tie for Hawaii Bowl (AFA, BYU, Navy, & maybe CSU would like it).

Expansion Bowl Line up:

Tier 1

Tier 2

Fenway vs ACC
Birmingham vs SEC
Gasparilla vs SEC

Tier 3

You do realize SUN is televised by CBS, not ESPN? Also, doubtful the AAC would give up a P5 tie-in for a G5 tie-in. Current rumor has ACC vs SEC in Gasparilla. As stated before, not official until PAC 12 and ACC release their tie-ins.
06-26-2019 08:09 PM
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

(06-26-2019 08:09 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  
(06-26-2019 02:33 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  Something to think about, BYU, CSU, and Air Force are looking at a less desirable bowl line up then the AAC (for BYU this could be as enticing as the NY6 game). Side note UConn will have no bowl tie or chance for a bowl tie till 2026.

Expansion Bowl Line up:

Tier 1

Tier 2

Fenway vs ACC
Birmingham vs SEC
Gasparilla vs SEC

Tier 3

You do realize SUN is televised by CBS, not ESPN? Also, doubtful the AAC would give up a P5 tie-in for a G5 tie-in. Current rumor has ACC vs SEC in Gasparilla. As stated before, not official until PAC 12 and ACC release their tie-ins.

Ah no, McMurphy stated in the bowl article it was SEC vs AAC in Gasparilla, then did the same thing you did and had a typo in his list. Currently the PAC is in the Independce vs us, so we would be swapping and if the ACC hasn't announced then no one is giving up on anything.

CBS televised the game but does not own it. In this scenario the addition of the three western schools and in particular BYU add in Navy and the Texas schools would be a very attractive pull for the Sun. ESPN would help with the PAC and ACC, mostly by sweeting the pot for the Indy which would become the ACC vs PAC. The ACC also gets a pay out bump for a higher selection for the Military Bowl. ESPN gets the line up it wants from the AAC, and a nice Indy game set up. Sun gets the sort of teams it wants (drive distance) and a good match up (top 25 AAC team) is likely, Houston, Navy, BYU, and Air Force would probably raise more local interest which has started to lag with two coastal leagues. The PAC still gets an ACC match up and more money. The AAC gets two solid bowls in the 3-4 million range for its two best teams. CBS gets a top 25 game to broadcast.

Everyone wins.
06-27-2019 12:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.