Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sinclair Broadcast Group has reached an agreement to buy 21 Fox regional sports netwo
GTFletch Offline
All American

I Root For: Georgia Tech
Sinclair Broadcast Group has reached an agreement to buy 21 Fox regional sports netwo
Sinclair Broadcast Group has reached an agreement to buy 21 Fox regional sports networks across the country, including Atlanta-based Fox Sports South and Fox Sports Southeast, from the Walt Disney Co. Sinclair and Disney announced the deal Friday afternoon, saying the networks were valued at $10.6 billion. The purchase price will be $9.6 billion after adjusting for minority equity interests, the companies said.

Link
https://www.ajc.com/sports/baseball/repo...tdVSTiB1K/
05-05-2019 05:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hallcity Offline
1st String

I Root For: Duke
RE: Sinclair Broadcast Group has reached an agreement to buy 21 Fox regional sports netwo
As long as they don’t run their political editorials during games, who cares? They won’t have any ACC games anyway.
05-05-2019 10:13 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
RE: Sinclair Broadcast Group has reached an agreement to buy 21 Fox regional sports netwo
Disney .... a company I think has ruined copyright law worldwide in pursuit of never having any of their content go public domain despite the fact that much of Disney's first animations pulled stories directly out of the public domain. I thought for sure the buyer would be less slimy than Disney. Turns out I was wrong. Sinclair will just up and put their political agenda in front of your face whether you like it or not. If Sinclair tries to "take a knee" with this content I will refuse to watch it even if it is college football. I don't ask much from people who broadcast sports ... but leaving their political agenda out of it is I feel a mandatory common courtesy.
05-05-2019 10:19 AM
Advertisement

For those unaware with Sinclair .... everybody you see in this video works for and is reading a script produced by Sinclair. While I don't agree with the "Orange Man Bad!" thumbnail ... the video will speak quite loudly for itself.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2019 10:23 AM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
05-05-2019 10:23 AM
Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense
I don’t care what your political leanings are, that is an absolutely terrifying video.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2019 03:22 PM by Dr. Isaly von Yinzer.)
05-05-2019 03:21 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
It swings both ways...liberal media is in many ways way worse
05-06-2019 08:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

(05-06-2019 08:59 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  It swings both ways...liberal media is in many ways way worse

While I am no fan of SBG, I actively hate NBC.
05-06-2019 10:19 AM
Advertisement

Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
(05-06-2019 08:59 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  It swings both ways...liberal media is in many ways way worse

It does.

Any entity that wants to compete in the sports broadcasting space, can look at ESPN's example of what NOT to do, to alienate audiences.

Just report on the sports you're broadcasting, and you will thrive. Like what ESPN used to do, when it was growing into the sports leader.
05-06-2019 10:36 AM
Hallcity Offline
1st String

I Root For: Duke

Sure. Tell me about that big owner of local TV stations that forces all of its stations to broadcast the same bizarre over the top left wing propaganda.
05-06-2019 12:19 PM
Advertisement

(05-06-2019 12:19 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  Sure. Tell me about that big owner of local TV stations that forces all of its stations to broadcast the same bizarre over the top left wing propaganda.

Who needs the locals when you own all but one of the nationals? And yes, I'm saying CNN, MSNBC, NBC, and ABC are all full of enough manure to fertilize the entirety of the heartland. If it makes you feel any better, I don't hold Fox (other than SOME of Fox Business) in much regard either.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2019 01:07 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
05-06-2019 01:05 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(05-06-2019 12:19 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  

Sure. Tell me about that big owner of local TV stations that forces all of its stations to broadcast the same bizarre over the top left wing propaganda.

I've been listening to bizarre left wing propaganda everyday...daytime and late night TV is an absolute sh!tshow anymore from the Hollywood and NY elite. They all read off the same Trump bashing script.
05-06-2019 04:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.