04-01-2019 04:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
RE: UNC suspends women's basketball staff
Sounds like exactly what happened at GT is about to happen at UNC. Sylvia Hatchell is about to get Machelle Joseph'ed.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2019 08:26 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
04-01-2019 08:25 PM
Indytarheel Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UNC
There are some alum who want Hatchell out. If what is being rumored, then they will get their wish.
04-02-2019 09:57 AM
Advertisement

Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
HC Sylvia Hatchell resigned 4/18.
04-19-2019 10:40 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
After 33 years as the women's basketball coach in Chapel Hill and recording the 5th most wins all time (1023, .716 winning %, HOF inductee) somebody decided that Sylvia was a racist and was abusive to players.
Hatchell has battled and beaten cancer twice in her coaching career at Carolina.
04-20-2019 09:06 AM
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(04-20-2019 09:06 AM)XLance Wrote:  After 33 years as the women's basketball coach in Chapel Hill and recording the 5th most wins all time (1023, .716 winning %, HOF inductee) somebody decided that Sylvia was a racist and was abusive to players.
Hatchell has battled and beaten cancer twice in her coaching career at Carolina.

Told you she was getting Machelle Joseph'ed.
04-20-2019 02:13 PM
Hallcity Offline
1st String

I Root For: Duke
Right. Poor Sylvia. Poor UNC. Give me a break. Have you read the Washington Post article?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/co...7c01b20948
Are there no standards in Chapel Hill? Why didn’t the medical and training staff blow the whistle, or, maybe, why didn’t the athletic administrators listen to them? Would you have allowed your daughter play for such a person as Hatchell? She had no business being a coach at any level of sports.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2019 05:11 PM by Hallcity.)
04-20-2019 05:10 PM
Advertisement

XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(04-20-2019 05:10 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  Right. Poor Sylvia. Poor UNC. Give me a break. Have you read the Washington Post article?
Are there no standards in Chapel Hill? Why didn’t the medical and training staff blow the whistle, or, maybe, why didn’t the athletic administrators listen to them? Would you have allowed your daughter play for such a person as Hatchell? She had no business being a coach at any level of sports.

04-bs

You'll believe anything you read, right? Like coach K does not dye his hair or cuss like a sailor!!!!
04-20-2019 05:18 PM
Hallcity Offline
1st String

I Root For: Duke
(04-20-2019 05:18 PM)XLance Wrote:  
(04-20-2019 05:10 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  Right. Poor Sylvia. Poor UNC. Give me a break. Have you read the Washington Post article?

04-bs

You'll believe anything you read, right? Like coach K does not dye his hair or cuss like a sailor!!!!

Your own AD reacted to this report by firing Hatchell immediately.Sounds like he believed it but, of course, if you drink enough of the koolaide you can see clearly that it’s all lies. By the way, where are the UNC women’s players stepping up to say the piece in the Post is all lies?
04-20-2019 05:52 PM
Advertisement

Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
There is definitely something missing from this story.

UNC has the resources to buy out Hatchells contract. Why bother going through the trouble of a public investigation? Especially one about physical abuse and racial issues. That law firm can't be cheap. It may have saved them a million or two but now UNC has another black eye.

There have been players that said it did NOT happen.

If the racial thing was going on why weren't players leaving? Why were players continuing to join the team? Rumors like that spread like wildfire. That closes virtually every recruiting door.

We've all heard some variation of the "play through the pain" speech. It seems like it would be easy enough to raise a red flag at a major medical school if players were requiring repeated medical care.
04-22-2019 08:56 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(04-22-2019 08:56 AM)Wolfman Wrote:  There is definitely something missing from this story.

UNC has the resources to buy out Hatchells contract. Why bother going through the trouble of a public investigation? Especially one about physical abuse and racial issues. That law firm can't be cheap. It may have saved them a million or two but now UNC has another black eye.

Dog, how many eyes do they have?
05-stirthepot
04-22-2019 09:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
I don't think I have seen where any players have said the things that have been reported didn't happen. They may have said they didn't witness those things. Some have said how much they love and respect Coach Hatchel. That may just mean they think the good in her outweigh the bad, or that they don't think there is anything wrong with the incidents that have been reported.

The responsibility of the school's administrators is to weigh the totality of the evidence. I doubt any of us are in a position to second guess their decision. Not that that will stop us from doing just that.
04-22-2019 09:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.