01-28-2019 12:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
RE: Sun Belt Football Pays Off for ULM
Questions answered:

Quote:ULM, a charter member of the football conference since its inception in 2001, is one of 10 member schools who will receive a share.

"Your payoff is distributed based on your standing as a conference and then the conference distributes that to the football playing schools," McDonald said. "In this case, 10 teams in the Sun Belt Conference will receive the payoff from the College Football Playoff."
01-28-2019 12:32 PM
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
"As we've moved past the Mid-American Conference and Conference USA clearly, we continue to improve. Our standing as a Sun Belt Conference, we're clearly playing much more competitive football than those other conferences."

That's almost trash talk. 03-lmfao
01-28-2019 01:14 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Online

I Root For: TROY
(01-28-2019 01:14 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  "As we've moved past the Mid-American Conference and Conference USA clearly, we continue to improve. Our standing as a Sun Belt Conference, we're clearly playing much more competitive football than those other conferences."

That's almost trash talk. 03-lmfao

This does answer the CFP money question. That's good news.

It's pretty funny what some SBC AD's, presidents, and even Benson have said. I've noticed Troy's president and Benson also make remarks similar to this.

BENSON:

"The success the Sun Belt has achieved these past three years has clearly shown that the Sun Belt has indeed 'risen' above our two peer conferences – C-USA and MAC."

ULM AD:

"The quality of football and the quality of schools in the Sun Belt, the quality that's played in these other sports, we're in a great conference," McDonald said. "Not only that, we're in one of the few conferences that geographically makes sense. These other conferences, you look at them and teams are traveling thousands of miles to play. I know financially it's not good for them, and they're not even playing at the same level that we're playing at in the Sun Belt Conference. This conference has been great for us geographically and competitively."
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2019 02:13 PM by CardinalBlackTrojan.)
01-28-2019 02:07 PM
ragin4u Offline
WOKE AF

I Root For: Louisiana & Magat Tears
This article has the El Aye tech rustonite's panties bunched up. Not happy with ULM/Sun Belt passing them up!!
01-30-2019 12:03 PM
debragga Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM
(01-30-2019 12:03 PM)ragin4u Wrote:  This article has the El Aye tech rustonite's panties bunched up. Not happy with ULM/Sun Belt passing them up!!

Where at? I didn't see anything glancing at the CUSA board
01-30-2019 12:05 PM
Advertisement

DoubletapWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Red Wolves and SBC
(01-30-2019 12:05 PM)debragga Wrote:  
(01-30-2019 12:03 PM)ragin4u Wrote:  This article has the El Aye tech rustonite's panties bunched up. Not happy with ULM/Sun Belt passing them up!!

There is a Thread on the Tech Board . . 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
01-30-2019 12:33 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Online

I Root For: TROY

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthrea...as-arrived

I'd have to imagine that the thought of ULM getting more CFP money every year than LA Tech is maddening to them.

They also believe that ULM would accept an invitation to CUSA if it was offered tomorrow. Do they really think that a budget-conservative school like ULM would accept less revenue AND spend more on travel costs?
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2019 01:14 PM by CardinalBlackTrojan.)
01-30-2019 01:09 PM
Warhawkman Offline
2nd String

Sad that we have to post it on our website because our local newspaper's main specialty is pulling hatchet jobs on the school (as well as maddeningly our ******* student newspaper). I personally would not want to join C-USA however playing the Techsters would be a pretty big boon to the fan base. We need something to get everyone hyped after the Todd Berry era obviously.
01-30-2019 02:22 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
The ULM athletic department needs to start pressuring LaTech. Call them out publicly, and loudly. Tell them if they won’t agree to a home and home, then let’s play in Shreveport, I’m sure Shreveport would appreciate the game weekend.
01-30-2019 05:57 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(01-30-2019 12:33 PM)DoubletapWolf Wrote:  

Gold....pure GOLD!
It warms my heart to see the Loser Techsters crying.
01-30-2019 06:00 PM
Advertisement

Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
(01-30-2019 01:09 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthrea...as-arrived

I'd have to imagine that the thought of ULM getting more CFP money every year than LA Tech is maddening to them.

They also believe that ULM would accept an invitation to CUSA if it was offered tomorrow. Do they really think that a budget-conservative school like ULM would accept less revenue AND spend more on travel costs?
LOL that was a refreshing read!

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X304F using Tapatalk
01-30-2019 07:36 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(01-30-2019 06:00 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(01-30-2019 12:33 PM)DoubletapWolf Wrote:  

Gold....pure GOLD!
It warms my heart to see the Loser Techsters crying.

Lol....now I am ready for what the day brings!
01-31-2019 06:27 AM
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

No way ULM would accept a C-USA invite. They LOVE that comeback. Makes them feel better, but it just isn’t reality anymore. Not that we would get an offer, but they brought it up and I can assure you we wouldn’t accept.
01-31-2019 09:30 AM
BRtransplant Offline
1st String

I Root For: La Tech
(01-30-2019 05:57 PM)Usajags Wrote:  The ULM athletic department needs to start pressuring LaTech. Call them out publicly, and loudly. Tell them if they won’t agree to a home and home, then let’s play in Shreveport, I’m sure Shreveport would appreciate the game weekend.

Ridiculous post. ULM can not “pressure” La Tech to do anything. They aren’t in a position to “pressure” anybody for anything.

Also, you obviously know nothing about Shreveport. Shreveport would have no more interest is a La Tech/ULM matchup than Birmingham would have for a USA/Troy matchup.

We take care of ourselves and ULM will have to find a way to do the same thing. Their fate isn’t our responsibility.
02-02-2019 06:55 AM
BRtransplant Offline
1st String

I Root For: La Tech
(01-31-2019 09:30 AM)Arrowhead Wrote:  No way ULM would accept a C-USA invite. They LOVE that comeback. Makes them feel better, but it just isn’t reality anymore. Not that we would get an offer, but they brought it up and I can assure you we wouldn’t accept.

Nobody cares what ULM would, or would not do. For that matter, nobody cares what any G5 conference member would or would not do.

You guys all keep trying to make yourselves feel like you’re going somewhere. Hate to break it to you, but you’ve all arrived at your final destination. We all have.
02-02-2019 07:00 AM
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(02-02-2019 06:55 AM)BRtransplant Wrote:  
(01-30-2019 05:57 PM)Usajags Wrote:  The ULM athletic department needs to start pressuring LaTech. Call them out publicly, and loudly. Tell them if they won’t agree to a home and home, then let’s play in Shreveport, I’m sure Shreveport would appreciate the game weekend.

Ridiculous post. ULM can not “pressure” La Tech to do anything. They aren’t in a position to “pressure” anybody for anything.

Also, you obviously know nothing about Shreveport. Shreveport would have no more interest is a La Tech/ULM matchup than Birmingham would have for a USA/Troy matchup.

We take care of ourselves and ULM will have to find a way to do the same thing. Their fate isn’t our responsibility.

LaTech is a bunch of cowards, even turning down a bowl invite because you may have to play ULM. If you’re so much better then your brother down the street, get on the field and prove it.

(02-02-2019 07:00 AM)BRtransplant Wrote:  
(01-31-2019 09:30 AM)Arrowhead Wrote:  No way ULM would accept a C-USA invite. They LOVE that comeback. Makes them feel better, but it just isn’t reality anymore. Not that we would get an offer, but they brought it up and I can assure you we wouldn’t accept.

Nobody cares what ULM would, or would not do. For that matter, nobody cares what any G5 conference member would or would not do.

You guys all keep trying to make yourselves feel like you’re going somewhere. Hate to break it to you, but you’ve all arrived at your final destination. We all have.

We have accepted it, and also accepted that our final place is slightly better than your final place, that’s all.
02-02-2019 08:31 AM
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

Obviously somebody likes to make themselves feel better about C-USA with the party line, if we asked them to join they would in a heartbeat and that is not even true for “lowly” ULM. I was responding to a post on the Turd board, not a general comment.
02-02-2019 09:44 AM
ragin4u Offline
WOKE AF

I Root For: Louisiana & Magat Tears

You care. You know that ULM getting more money is a scary thought for @ruston. It highlights the fact that tech is stuck in the mud and other schools are passing you up. Isn't tech the same level academically as ULM now?
02-02-2019 09:46 AM
SOT1977 Offline
1st String

(02-02-2019 06:55 AM)BRtransplant Wrote:  

All I gotta say is that this happened in 2018:
ULM 21, Southern Mississippi 20
Southern Mississippi 21, La Tech 20
02-06-2019 10:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.