Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

LeBron claims he is the GOAT.....
Bookmark and Share
SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

I Root For: UNCW
LeBron claims he is the GOAT.....
Copied and pasted. Not my work.

If you want to compare dominance and stats...
In 1072 games the same MJ had when he retired, the only stats Lebron beat Jordan on was more assists and more rebounds.

Jordan had more points, more steals, more blocks, less turnovers, highest points in playoffs and finals, more mvps, more defensive and offensive titles only player in NBA history to get 100 blocks 200 steals in back to back seasons add highest points to one of those seasons to be only player in NBA history with a offensive and defensive title in same year, 2x3 peats and 6 championships all in 1072 games.

40pt playoff games
Jordan-38(179 games)
Lebron-24(236 games)

Scored under 20 in entire playoffs and finals
Jordan - 6 times
Lebron - 8 times in finals alone
Jordan never scored under 20 in finals

Facts LeBron east is still weaker then east Jordan played it , fact LeBron would not have dominated as Malone Olajuwan Robinson Barkley Ewing were real big man and would have forced LeBron to play his true position, let stop acting like LeBron is great because he can cover this leagues soft big men, but yet he didn't guard Duncan, or howard in his prime Dirk ate him alive, and nate robinson ran him over he only guards soft Forwards.

-factual info of what MJ could do at a diff position.

-Doug Collins decided to move Jordan to the point guard spot against Seattle on March 11, 1989. He finished that game with 15 assists.
-Two days later, he had a game of 21/14/14 against the Pacers in just 30 minutes of playing time in a 32-point blowout win. He reached the triple double mark in just 21 minutes.

Jordan continued to play at the PG spot until the end of the season.
-In these 24 games he averaged 29.3ppg, 8.9rpg, 10.6 apg, 2.4spg.
-Between March 24 and April 14, 1989, he recorded a triple double in ten of the eleven games, including seven consecutive ones.
-In the game he didn’t record a TD, he finished with 40 points, 11 assists and 7 rebounds.
-Think about that for a second. That’s almost 11 straight games with a triple doubles.

-MJs core teammates when he won his first rings via 3peat were all acquired by bulls via draft between 1987 and 1990. Paxson joined in his third year and Cartwright joined in his ninth year.

Legend you so called he played with?
-Pippen averaged only 11 ppg after Jordan
-Rodman averaged 7 ppg during his prime. Lol
-Grant averaged 8ppg.
-Almost everyone one of Jordan’s teammates where bench players on any other team.
-97-98 Pippen missed 44 games with injury,, Bulls went 62-20, with Pippen, Longley and Kerr out with injuries..

Lebron joined
-6x all star 1x nba champ 1x finals mvp nba proven scorer/defender Wade
-5x all star also nba proven scorer/defender Bosh,
-Haslem then added Lewis, Birdman, Battier and
-1x champ 10x all star 3pt goat Allen to win his first rings via back to back in miami.

And he still managed to...
-Get swept in the finals
-Has as many finals losses as Kobe has rings lol
- Lost back to back finals
- Never three peated once, let alone twice in this weak watered down league era
- Teams celebrated winning a title on lebron's home court on 3 different occasions. ('07, '11, '15)
- Lebron lost to a Dwight Howard Magic team with no superstars in 6 games
- Lebron been the best player since 2008 according to Lebron fans but he couldn't beat the magic to meet Kobe in the finals
- Lebron is so great and goat that he had to leave his team and jump to another team with two franchise superstar players not role players, superstars.
- Jumped ship joined two superstars and still lost to a team with one superstar and a bunch of role players past their primes lol
- Jason Terry averaged more PPG's in the '11 finals than Lebron, goat lol
- Lebron would've lost the 2013 finals if it wasn't for Ray Allen's shot
- Lebron loses the finals in the following year by a record margin in 5 games lmaooo but he's the goat lol
- Lebron got cramps in San Antonio meanwhile Kobe and Jordan will play till they die basically
- Lebron then jumps ship again since he's the goat and so great he bails on Miami and goes back to Cleveland, like talk about loyalty smh
- Lebron loses in the 2015 finals where he was in position to win when he was up 2-1 with game 4 in Cleveland with Kyrie being hurt he had the chance to cement his goat status by going up 3-1 but couldn't and lost those finals as well.
- 2 years ago if Kyrie doesn't hit the dagger three Golden state wins
- Lebron scored 11 points in the 4th quarter in the first 3 games of this years finals
- Lebron lost in 5 games again lol
- In the biggest stage of them all doesn't matter how many times you made it kids all that matters is if you won it and
-Lebrons finals record is...
2007- L (Swept)
2011- L (Lost in 6 games)
2012- W (Won in 5 games)
2013*- W (Ray Allen's finals winning shot)
2014- L (Lost in 5 games) goat
2015- L (Lost in 6 games)
2016* - W (Kyrie's finals winning shot)
2017- L (Lost in 5 games) goat
- Lebron lost back to back finals
- Lebron almost three peated in the finals with losses

-If you’re gonna bring up numbers. Bring up the most important ones!
Like LeBron’s all time turnovers.
He ranks 8th all time in turnovers.
While 4th all time per game.
He ranks first all time in playoff turnovers. While ranking second all time in turnovers in the finals
2011 finals - 24 TO’s
2014 finals - 19 TO’s
2016 finals - 31 TO’s
2017 finals - 22 TO’s
Team leader in turnover in all his finals appearances except 2012.
Talk about goat like number ???

Stop the comparisons with Michael when he's got to catch Kobe first. Kids and millennials stats don't tell the whole story in this watered down era of basketball with no physicality, hand checking, true 4 and 5's.

Centers Michael Jordan had to play against in no particular order-
Dikembe Mutombo
Patrick Ewing
David Robinson
Alonzo Mourning
Hakeem Olajuwon
Shaquille O'neal

Jordan had to play against Power Forwards like
Tim Duncan
Karl Malone
Charles Barkley
Dennis Rodman
Kevin Garnett
Chris Webber
Shawn Kemp
Larry Johnson

Jordan had to play against Small Forwards like
Larry Bird
Dominick Wilkins
Glen Rice
Chris Mullin
James Worthy

Jordan had to play against Shooting Guards like
Clyde Drexler
Joe Dumars
Reggie Miller
Mitch Richmond

Jordan had to play against Point Guards like
John Stockton
Magic Johnson
Jason Kidd
Penny Hardaway
Isiah Thomas
Steve Nash
Tim Hardaway
Mark Price
Mark Jackson

Now you can concede or you can educate me on who Lebron had to face and how they are better than the opponents Jordan faced.
01-02-2019 09:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: LeBron claims he is the GOAT.....
(01-02-2019 09:05 PM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  Copied and pasted. Not my work.

If you want to compare dominance and stats...
In 1072 games the same MJ had when he retired, the only stats Lebron beat Jordan on was more assists and more rebounds.

Jordan had more points, more steals, more blocks, less turnovers, highest points in playoffs and finals, more mvps, more defensive and offensive titles only player in NBA history to get 100 blocks 200 steals in back to back seasons add highest points to one of those seasons to be only player in NBA history with a offensive and defensive title in same year, 2x3 peats and 6 championships all in 1072 games.

40pt playoff games
Jordan-38(179 games)
Lebron-24(236 games)

Scored under 20 in entire playoffs and finals
Jordan - 6 times
Lebron - 8 times in finals alone
Jordan never scored under 20 in finals

Facts LeBron east is still weaker then east Jordan played it , fact LeBron would not have dominated as Malone Olajuwan Robinson Barkley Ewing were real big man and would have forced LeBron to play his true position, let stop acting like LeBron is great because he can cover this leagues soft big men, but yet he didn't guard Duncan, or howard in his prime Dirk ate him alive, and nate robinson ran him over he only guards soft Forwards.

-factual info of what MJ could do at a diff position.

-Doug Collins decided to move Jordan to the point guard spot against Seattle on March 11, 1989. He finished that game with 15 assists.
-Two days later, he had a game of 21/14/14 against the Pacers in just 30 minutes of playing time in a 32-point blowout win. He reached the triple double mark in just 21 minutes.

Jordan continued to play at the PG spot until the end of the season.
-In these 24 games he averaged 29.3ppg, 8.9rpg, 10.6 apg, 2.4spg.
-Between March 24 and April 14, 1989, he recorded a triple double in ten of the eleven games, including seven consecutive ones.
-In the game he didn’t record a TD, he finished with 40 points, 11 assists and 7 rebounds.
-Think about that for a second. That’s almost 11 straight games with a triple doubles.

-MJs core teammates when he won his first rings via 3peat were all acquired by bulls via draft between 1987 and 1990. Paxson joined in his third year and Cartwright joined in his ninth year.

Legend you so called he played with?
-Pippen averaged only 11 ppg after Jordan
-Rodman averaged 7 ppg during his prime. Lol
-Grant averaged 8ppg.
-Almost everyone one of Jordan’s teammates where bench players on any other team.
-97-98 Pippen missed 44 games with injury,, Bulls went 62-20, with Pippen, Longley and Kerr out with injuries..

Lebron joined
-6x all star 1x nba champ 1x finals mvp nba proven scorer/defender Wade
-5x all star also nba proven scorer/defender Bosh,
-Haslem then added Lewis, Birdman, Battier and
-1x champ 10x all star 3pt goat Allen to win his first rings via back to back in miami.

And he still managed to...
-Get swept in the finals
-Has as many finals losses as Kobe has rings lol
- Lost back to back finals
- Never three peated once, let alone twice in this weak watered down league era
- Teams celebrated winning a title on lebron's home court on 3 different occasions. ('07, '11, '15)
- Lebron lost to a Dwight Howard Magic team with no superstars in 6 games
- Lebron been the best player since 2008 according to Lebron fans but he couldn't beat the magic to meet Kobe in the finals
- Lebron is so great and goat that he had to leave his team and jump to another team with two franchise superstar players not role players, superstars.
- Jumped ship joined two superstars and still lost to a team with one superstar and a bunch of role players past their primes lol
- Jason Terry averaged more PPG's in the '11 finals than Lebron, goat lol
- Lebron would've lost the 2013 finals if it wasn't for Ray Allen's shot
- Lebron loses the finals in the following year by a record margin in 5 games lmaooo but he's the goat lol
- Lebron got cramps in San Antonio meanwhile Kobe and Jordan will play till they die basically
- Lebron then jumps ship again since he's the goat and so great he bails on Miami and goes back to Cleveland, like talk about loyalty smh
- Lebron loses in the 2015 finals where he was in position to win when he was up 2-1 with game 4 in Cleveland with Kyrie being hurt he had the chance to cement his goat status by going up 3-1 but couldn't and lost those finals as well.
- 2 years ago if Kyrie doesn't hit the dagger three Golden state wins
- Lebron scored 11 points in the 4th quarter in the first 3 games of this years finals
- Lebron lost in 5 games again lol
- In the biggest stage of them all doesn't matter how many times you made it kids all that matters is if you won it and
-Lebrons finals record is...
2007- L (Swept)
2011- L (Lost in 6 games)
2012- W (Won in 5 games)
2013*- W (Ray Allen's finals winning shot)
2014- L (Lost in 5 games) goat
2015- L (Lost in 6 games)
2016* - W (Kyrie's finals winning shot)
2017- L (Lost in 5 games) goat
- Lebron lost back to back finals
- Lebron almost three peated in the finals with losses

-If you’re gonna bring up numbers. Bring up the most important ones!
Like LeBron’s all time turnovers.
He ranks 8th all time in turnovers.
While 4th all time per game.
He ranks first all time in playoff turnovers. While ranking second all time in turnovers in the finals
2011 finals - 24 TO’s
2014 finals - 19 TO’s
2016 finals - 31 TO’s
2017 finals - 22 TO’s
Team leader in turnover in all his finals appearances except 2012.
Talk about goat like number ???

Stop the comparisons with Michael when he's got to catch Kobe first. Kids and millennials stats don't tell the whole story in this watered down era of basketball with no physicality, hand checking, true 4 and 5's.

Centers Michael Jordan had to play against in no particular order-
Dikembe Mutombo
Patrick Ewing
David Robinson
Alonzo Mourning
Hakeem Olajuwon
Shaquille O'neal

Jordan had to play against Power Forwards like
Tim Duncan
Karl Malone
Charles Barkley
Dennis Rodman
Kevin Garnett
Chris Webber
Shawn Kemp
Larry Johnson

Jordan had to play against Small Forwards like
Larry Bird
Dominick Wilkins
Glen Rice
Chris Mullin
James Worthy

Jordan had to play against Shooting Guards like
Clyde Drexler
Joe Dumars
Reggie Miller
Mitch Richmond

Jordan had to play against Point Guards like
John Stockton
Magic Johnson
Jason Kidd
Penny Hardaway
Isiah Thomas
Steve Nash
Tim Hardaway
Mark Price
Mark Jackson

Now you can concede or you can educate me on who Lebron had to face and how they are better than the opponents Jordan faced.
Not a chance, goat's don't run from sinking ships, they plug the hole and keep going!
01-03-2019 08:29 AM
Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Hall of Famer

An additional metric that Jordan is favored in is PER, or Player Efficiency Rating.

Jordan received a career score of 27.91, which is # 1 all-time.

LeBron sits at # 2 at 27.65.

And LeBron's number will only go down, not up. Players who get old and play too long see their scores dip. If not for Jordan's time with the Wizards, his score would have been even higher.

Interestingly, Anthony Davis's PER is currently # 3, at 27.31. Imagine what he'd be accomplishing if not for being stuck on the Pelicans....
01-03-2019 08:33 AM
Hall of Famer

I will say that, even though I despise him, LeBron has a firm grasp on the # 2 spot. No one has/had the physical gifts he has. He can rebound like a 7-2 guy and he can dish like an elite point guard. I don't think its even a question he's risen to that spot.

But # 1 is firmly in MJ's court. LeBron has physical gifts Jordan did not, but the term greatness is very important when evaluating the two. No one had the maniacal competitive drive that Jordan had, no one held the respect of opponents and teammates (who also kind of hated him) like MJ did, and no one was more clutch in the big moments than MJ.
01-03-2019 08:37 AM
Hall of Famer

My top 10 would be something like this:

1. Jordan
-----------------
2. LeBron
-----------------
3. Wilt
4. Kareem
5. Magic
6. Bird
7. Kobe
8. Shaq
9. Duncan
10. Oscar Robertson

Honorable Mention: Olajuwon, Bob Pettit, Barkley, Karl Malone, Moses Malone, Dr. J, Kevin Durant, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor
01-03-2019 08:40 AM
70shawk Offline
All American

I Root For: Brandon University
Lebron vs Michael? Forget about it.

Wilt Chamberlain is the GOAT!

Interestingly Wilt and Micahel had an argument about this in person in 1997.
Wilt Chamberlain vs Michael Jordan - The 1997 NBA All-Star Luncheon

In the deep corner of the brunch, Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain sat having an intense discussion. The topic of conversation was predictable, who was the greatest? The two traded jabs the entire brunch until it was time to go. Still, the pair continued to argue. Soon Commissioner David Stern tried to intervene, reminding them they were set to leave 15 minutes earlier. Still jabbering, the pair got up from the table to join everyone else in line. Just before they were about to leave, Chamberlain spoke up. The room grew silent in anticipation of Wilt’s words, [i][i]“Just remember Michael, when I played they changed the rules to make the game harder for me and when you played they changed the rules to make the game easier for you”[/i]. It was the only known time the two had crossed paths.[/i]
01-03-2019 08:43 AM
Advertisement

Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-03-2019 08:40 AM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  My top 10 would be something like this:

1. Jordan
-----------------
2. LeBron
-----------------
3. Wilt
4. Kareem
5. Magic
6. Bird
7. Kobe
8. Shaq
9. Duncan
10. Oscar Robertson

Honorable Mention: Olajuwon, Bob Pettit, Barkley, Karl Malone, Moses Malone, Dr. J, Kevin Durant, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor
you got LB too far down the list, other than that, no argument from me!
01-03-2019 08:44 AM
Hall of Famer

Wait, I forgot Bill Russell!!
01-03-2019 08:59 AM
Hall of Famer

1. Jordan
-----------------
2. LeBron
-----------------
3. Wilt
4. Kareem
5. Magic
6. Bird
7. Russell
8. Kobe
9. Shaq
10. Duncan

Honorable Mention: Oscar Robertson, Olajuwon, Bob Pettit, Barkley, Karl Malone, Moses Malone, Dr. J, Kevin Durant, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor
01-03-2019 09:00 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

I think you have Kareem too high on the list, I'd move him down below Magic and Bird. And i'd flip/flop LB and Magic :)
01-03-2019 09:06 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

01-03-2019 09:23 AM
Advertisement

Hall of Famer

(01-03-2019 09:06 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  I think you have Kareem too high on the list, I'd move him down below Magic and Bird. And i'd flip/flop LB and Magic :)

I considered dropping Kareem below both Magic and Bird. But being a 6x NBA champ, winning rings with 2 different franchises, and playing as well as he did for as LONG as he did holds a lot of weight with me.

Magic and Bird are more like a 5a/5b to me. Hard to put one over the other. Only reason I like Magic SLIGHTLY more is he was the original "point forward". So he had slightly more of an impact on the game itself than Bird did. Slightly.
01-03-2019 09:51 AM
Gary Miller Offline
1st String

I Root For: UNCW Seahawks
I won't sit here and say Lebron is better than MJ but it is a lot closer than some of y'all are making it seem. The quality of player in the NBA today is better than it was when Jordan played.

I'm not gonna knock Bron because he can't beat a team with KD, Steph, and Klay Thompson on it. Jordan never played against anybody with the skill set of Kevin Durant (he'll be a top 5-10 player when it's all said and done), Steph is on his way to being a top 5 PG of all time, I'm sorry but give me Klay over Joe Dumars and Mitch Richmond... James Harden is most likely going to win MVP back to back. Giannis.... MJ never saw anything like that. Anthony Davis, Karl Anthony Towns, Kristaps Porzingis, and Joel Embiid are all freakishly talented bigs that do way more than a big did in MJs day. Kawhi Leonard is already one of the best 2way players ever...

Bron single handily beat a great Pistons team in 06 (Billups, Hamilton, Prince, Sheed, Ben Wallace), overcame the Big 3 in Boston (KG, The Truth, Ray Allen), beat a young OKC team with 3 future MVPs on it. So he lost to Dirk and a veteran Mavs team. Dirk is one of the best PFs of all time. Bron split with a Spurs dynasty that is the best since MJs Bulls. Now he can't get over the hump against arguably the best team to ever be assembled... and we're going to hold that against him???

Even the young guys coming up in the league now have so much promise... Booker, Fox, Doncic, Tatum, Ben Simmons, Embiid, Mitchell... I could literally go on and on about the amount of talent that's in the league right now.

Most of y'all are probably not going to like this, but the NBA is much more enjoyable to watch now than it was in the 90s and 2000s. Yes, the rules are different, but at the end of the day the talent is better. Games in the 110s/120s are much more enjoyable than games in the 80s in 90s. Imagine a team scoring 54 POINTS in a Finals like the Jazz did in 98!!! Stephen A would roast them for months lol!!!

I think MJ is better than Lebron, but I think a different perspective needed to be posted. Cool thread, I'll gladly be the one to stir the pot a bit.
01-03-2019 10:03 AM
Hall of Famer

(01-03-2019 10:03 AM)Gary Miller Wrote:  I won't sit here and say Lebron is better than MJ but it is a lot closer than some of y'all are making it seem. The quality of player in the NBA today is better than it was when Jordan played.

I'm not gonna knock Bron because he can't beat a team with KD, Steph, and Klay Thompson on it. Jordan never played against anybody with the skill set of Kevin Durant (he'll be a top 5-10 player when it's all said and done), Steph is on his way to being a top 5 PG of all time, I'm sorry but give me Klay over Joe Dumars and Mitch Richmond... James Harden is most likely going to win MVP back to back. Giannis.... MJ never saw anything like that. Anthony Davis, Karl Anthony Towns, Kristaps Porzingis, and Joel Embiid are all freakishly talented bigs that do way more than a big did in MJs day. Kawhi Leonard is already one of the best 2way players ever...

Bron single handily beat a great Pistons team in 06 (Billups, Hamilton, Prince, Sheed, Ben Wallace), overcame the Big 3 in Boston (KG, The Truth, Ray Allen), beat a young OKC team with 3 future MVPs on it. So he lost to Dirk and a veteran Mavs team. Dirk is one of the best PFs of all time. Bron split with a Spurs dynasty that is the best since MJs Bulls. Now he can't get over the hump against arguably the best team to ever be assembled... and we're going to hold that against him???

Even the young guys coming up in the league now have so much promise... Booker, Fox, Doncic, Tatum, Ben Simmons, Embiid, Mitchell... I could literally go on and on about the amount of talent that's in the league right now.

Most of y'all are probably not going to like this, but the NBA is much more enjoyable to watch now than it was in the 90s and 2000s. Yes, the rules are different, but at the end of the day the talent is better. Games in the 110s/120s are much more enjoyable than games in the 80s in 90s. Imagine a team scoring 54 POINTS in a Finals like the Jazz did in 98!!! Stephen A would roast them for months lol!!!

I think MJ is better than Lebron, but I think a different perspective needed to be posted. Cool thread, I'll gladly be the one to stir the pot a bit.

I can play this game too. Jordan ENDED the "Bad Boy Pistons" mini-dynasty. He also closed the Bird/Magic window.

He also played in a time when you could absolutely hammer someone in the paint and not be guaranteed to get called for a foul. The game has shifted to the European "finesse" style rather than a physical game.

Challenging a Charles Oakley, Barkley, etc in the post was not a fun venture. It's much, much easier to get to the tin in today's game with the emphasis on free-flowing lanes.

Granted, LeBron started his career when it was still pretty physical, but it wasn't even close to the game it was in the 90s.

Also granted, LeBron is 6-9, 260 and likely could have handled a lot of the physicality. But he also can be quite the whiny, b*tchy type at times. His mental toughness would have been challenged, for sure.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2019 10:10 AM by Seahawk Nation 08.)
01-03-2019 10:09 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-03-2019 10:09 AM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  
(01-03-2019 10:03 AM)Gary Miller Wrote:  I won't sit here and say Lebron is better than MJ but it is a lot closer than some of y'all are making it seem. The quality of player in the NBA today is better than it was when Jordan played.

I can play this game too. Jordan ENDED the "Bad Boy Pistons" mini-dynasty. He also closed the Bird/Magic window.

He also played in a time when you could absolutely hammer someone in the paint and not be guaranteed to get called for a foul. The game has shifted to the European "finesse" style rather than a physical game.

Challenging a Charles Oakley, Barkley, etc in the post was not a fun venture. It's much, much easier to get to the tin in today's game with the emphasis on free-flowing lanes.

Granted, LeBron started his career when it was still pretty physical, but it wasn't even close to the game it was in the 90s.

Also granted, LeBron is 6-9, 260 and likely could have handled a lot of the physicality. But he also can be quite the whiny, b*tchy type at times. His mental toughness would have been challenged, for sure.
This^^^^^^^^^
I think you are also painting with a broad stroke Gary stating there is way more talent in the NBA today, it's a different game for sure, but the talent has been there in all eras. The game was just shaped differently. Offense talent appears to be more widespread today, but that can also be attributed to rule changes and the fact that no one plays a lick of Defense now.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2019 10:17 AM by Seahawkhoops.)
01-03-2019 10:14 AM
Gary Miller Offline
1st String

Of course there's been talent is all eras. I just think the abundance of it that's in today's game is something that is unprecedented. You can't tell me there's been a player like KD before, but he was just shaped differently. Same with Giannis, and Anthony Davis. Those guys are absolute freaks of nature.

The points y'all are making are absolutely correct. What MJ did was incredible, but what Lebron is doing now is also incredible. There is an argument to be made that Lebron is the "GOAT." That's all I'm trying to say here.
01-03-2019 10:21 AM
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
Fun topic, and I'm with the Jordan > Lebron camp.

That being said, this thread is being moved to our OFF TOPIC forum.
01-03-2019 10:24 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

Gary, I don't disagree that it can be debated. But, let others do that. When you "self proclaim" you lose credibility IMO and come off as an insecure A-hole!
01-03-2019 10:34 AM
Gary Miller Offline
1st String

(01-03-2019 10:34 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  Gary, I don't disagree that it can be debated. But, let others do that. When you "self proclaim" you lose credibility IMO and come off as an insecure A-hole!

Very true... I didn't like it one bit.
01-03-2019 10:36 AM
Hall of Famer

Of course LeBron is in the running for the GOAT. But a lot of people make the argument that it's already been settled, and its LeBron. People need to pump the brakes on that. It's still MJ, and while the gap has closed over time, there's still a gap, and a discernible one.
01-03-2019 10:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.