Top 25 worst stadiums in college football---MAC has 6
11-22-2018 09:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
RE: Top 25 worst stadiums in college football---MAC has 6
I saw that article too, and noted that it had several MAC schools. However, with respect to a lot of the stadiums that they have on the list, there are several where the article actually says the stadium is a pretty nice place to watch a game, but because the team is so bad, the stadium gets a poor rating. I also thought that it was pretty funny that, at least where I saw the article, the picture for the article had Kelly shorts stadium at CMU as the cover photo. LOL.
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2018 09:50 AM by brovol.)
11-22-2018 09:48 AM
GullLake Offline
Support Hong Kong protesters!

I Root For: Joe Manchin
(11-22-2018 09:19 AM)broncojohnny Wrote:  https://moneywise.com/a/ch-b/worst-stadi...=137740152

Surprised Michigan Stadium is not on that list.

It is one of the most uncomfortable football stadiums in America. Granted, it is large, and they fill it, but that does not make the facility adequate. The seats are too darned small, the concourses, rest rooms, concessions and parking are not nearly enough to address the number of people, and the culture is contrived and disturbingly commercial (Nike sell-outs).

The best collegiate stadium in Michigan is Waldo. By far!

Proud to be a Bronco and NOT a Wolverine or Spartan!
11-22-2018 10:44 AM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
I doubt much effort was put into this.
11-22-2018 12:00 PM
Advertisement

BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Quote:Surprised Michigan Stadium is not on that list.

It is one of the most uncomfortable football stadiums in America. Granted, it is large, and they fill it, but that does not make the facility adequate. The seats are too darned small, the concourses, rest rooms, concessions and parking are not nearly enough to address the number of people, and the culture is contrived and disturbingly commercial (Nike sell-outs).

Michigan Stadium is hallowed ground to 100's of thousands of Michigan Football fan faithful. If it was the MOST uncomfortable stadium in America they still wouldn't allow it to be dissed in publication.

There are UM Football forums online-including MLive-which are closely 'patrolled' by UM fans and they will instantly delete anything really critical of their program. Can you imagine a PUBLIC FORUM where real criticism is not allowed and is deleted minutes after being posted? For many, UM fandom is almost a cult. They spend hours every day defending it in forums online. It's almost a cult, utterly appalling.
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2018 10:33 PM by BroncoPhilly.)
11-22-2018 10:32 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(11-22-2018 10:44 AM)GullLake Wrote:  
(11-22-2018 09:19 AM)broncojohnny Wrote:  https://moneywise.com/a/ch-b/worst-stadi...=137740152

Surprised Michigan Stadium is not on that list.

The best collegiate stadium in Michigan is Waldo. By far!

Proud to be a Bronco and NOT a Wolverine or Spartan!

I agree 100%. Hate games at Michigan Stadium. Waldo is, honestly, the best D1 college stadium in the state. We will be going to the Army/UM game next season, and don't look forward to the BS. It would be worth it if the Black Knights pull it off though.
11-23-2018 07:08 AM
wayne85 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WMU
(11-22-2018 10:32 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  
Quote:Surprised Michigan Stadium is not on that list.

Michigan Stadium is hallowed ground to 100's of thousands of Michigan Football fan faithful. If it was the MOST uncomfortable stadium in America they still wouldn't allow it to be dissed in publication.

There are UM Football forums online-including MLive-which are closely 'patrolled' by UM fans and they will instantly delete anything really critical of their program. Can you imagine a PUBLIC FORUM where real criticism is not allowed and is deleted minutes after being posted? For many, UM fandom is almost a cult. They spend hours every day defending it in forums online. It's almost a cult, utterly appalling.

Was it Bill Gates who said something along the lines of, "Customer complaints are the greatest source of innovation"?
11-23-2018 07:52 AM
broncojohnny Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
Chip Dip would have loved this piece...It disses CMU and EMU as two of the six MAC teams listed....He understood that it wasn't relevant to the truth if the narrative regarding those schools was negative....He would have spun this as a glorious tribute to Western and Waldo Stadium.
Ya can't always take this stuff too literally or seriously...
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2018 09:57 AM by broncojohnny.)
11-24-2018 09:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.