WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GREAT WIN
uclabruin Offline
1st String

I Root For: Against USC
GREAT WIN
great to see the team regain its form! Much needed program saving win....now to the bowl game with momentum!
11-20-2018 10:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
RE: GREAT WIN
Definitely much-needed. Helped soothe the past 3 weeks' wounds, and gives us a guarantee winning record for the year. So glad to have been wrong about this game.
11-20-2018 10:31 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Assuming we don't get Whipped by a 6-6 Sun Belt/CUSA team in Detroit -- it's safe to say Lester saved our season to be a Real one by firing "the other Tim", and stepping up to beat NIU and going 7-5.

That said, dominating the clock + that 2pt conversion play call but still losing to Ball State -- and getting DESTROYED by Ohio & Toledo as bad as I would trying to hit on a super model... I would say it doesn't make up for everything, of course. But with a solid performance in a bowl -- we can rest easy that we're at least On the Right Track for now. And have a huge sigh of relief in the moment!
11-20-2018 10:38 PM
Broncodan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Broncos!!
This defense and fired up attitude would have buried ball state last week. You could tell the guys bought in on Espo and it paid off. They had no confidence in Daoust and themselves the last few weeks after the beatings they took.
11-20-2018 10:40 PM
jnbaczkiewicz@yahoo.com Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: wmu not pj
(11-20-2018 10:38 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  Assuming we don't get Whipped by a 6-6 Sun Belt/CUSA team in Detroit -- it's safe to say Lester saved our season to be a Real one by firing "the other Tim", and stepping up to beat NIU and going 7-5.

That said, dominating the clock + that 2pt conversion play call but still losing to Ball State -- and getting DESTROYED by Ohio & Toledo as bad as I would trying to hit on a super model... I would say it doesn't make up for everything, of course. But with a solid performance in a bowl -- we can rest easy that we're at least On the Right Track for now. And have a huge sigh of relief in the moment!

Hey toad your never going to catch the super models unless their a men, lets start supporting the broncos, and stop crying about a loss for a bowl game, like you did this game, before its been played. Have some support for the team.
11-20-2018 10:47 PM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU & UofM
(11-20-2018 10:38 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  Assuming we don't get Whipped by a 6-6 Sun Belt/CUSA team in Detroit -- it's safe to say Lester saved our season to be a Real one by firing "the other Tim", and stepping up to beat NIU and going 7-5.

Firstly, glad to see the seniors get a W in their last game in Kalamazoo. Solid defensive effort, forcing turnovers, getting stops and pressures on the their QB early.

As the HC he made a no brainer decision. We’ve been calling for Daoust’s head pretty much since the Syracuse defensive debacle. It’s not enough for the top guy just to make the ultimate decision but to make it at the correct juncture in the season. Personally I gave TD a pass with the early deficiencies given the tremendous losses in the secondary and Clark. But as the season went on and the defense stayed relatively healthy, players emerged but the defense continued to struggle and even got worse.

I would’ve liked to see the change at DC following the Toledo game given that the conference championship was still within reach. Making the change last week was too late for this season and a disservice to Esposito who has such a small sample size to make an informed decision to promote him from interim to DC. Too little too late from Howdy Doody.
11-20-2018 10:55 PM
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(11-20-2018 10:55 PM)WMUlaxer97 Wrote:  I would’ve liked to see the change at DC following the Toledo game given that the conference championship was still within reach. Making the change last week was too late for this season and a disservice to Esposito who has such a small sample size to make an informed decision to promote him from interim to DC. Too little too late from Howdy Doody.

Teams don't make coaching changes after 1 conference loss.
11-20-2018 10:57 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

After a few rough weeks, the NIU win and the North Dakota sweep were nice Thanksgiving gifts.
11-20-2018 11:05 PM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU & UofM
(11-20-2018 10:57 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  
(11-20-2018 10:55 PM)WMUlaxer97 Wrote:  I would’ve liked to see the change at DC following the Toledo game given that the conference championship was still within reach. Making the change last week was too late for this season and a disservice to Esposito who has such a small sample size to make an informed decision to promote him from interim to DC. Too little too late from Howdy Doody.

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t Daoust the DC of a 6 loss team a year ago that wasn’t exactly stellar on defense? Wasn’t it apparent that he was in over his head after seeing his defensive philosophy after 21 games? We’re you confident in his defense that gave up 98 in wins vs Miami, EMU & BG? We were fortunate to go into the Toledo game without a conference loss.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2018 01:41 AM by WMUlaxer97.)
11-20-2018 11:23 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

Big program win. Shows improvement in W-L record from last year, beat division champ, secures bowl bid.

Way to go Broncos!
11-21-2018 07:33 AM
Rasser Offline
Banned

I Root For: World peas
(11-21-2018 07:33 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Big program win. Shows improvement in W-L record from last year, beat division champ, secures bowl bid.

Way to go Broncos!

Great win all the way around, coaching, players effort after three very tough losses, losing the starting QB, and losing a coach that they reportedly liked too. Many teams would have folded under these circumstances.

Have to love the never say over culture we're witnessing around here this year.
11-21-2018 01:49 PM
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
It was a badly needed win for sure, and a noticeable improvement on defense as compared to the previous three games. But that does not equate to "all back to well in Kalamazoo". Our program still has issues, and let's hope Lester figures things our before next year. He needs to evolve in a big way. Hope he's up to it.
11-21-2018 03:01 PM
Rasser Offline
Banned

I Root For: World peas
(11-21-2018 03:01 PM)brovol Wrote:  It was a badly needed win for sure, and a noticeable improvement on defense as compared to the previous three games. But that does not equate to "all back to well in Kalamazoo". Our program still has issues, and let's hope Lester figures things our before next year. He needs to evolve in a big way. Hope he's up to it.

I'd say he is, playing with one of the youngest teams in the country, QB goes down in each of his first two years, and he has a winning record. As a really good poster here used to say, "nothing is as good or bad as it seems".
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2018 03:16 PM by Rasser.)
11-21-2018 03:11 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

(11-21-2018 03:11 PM)Rasser Wrote:  
(11-21-2018 03:01 PM)brovol Wrote:  It was a badly needed win for sure, and a noticeable improvement on defense as compared to the previous three games. But that does not equate to "all back to well in Kalamazoo". Our program still has issues, and let's hope Lester figures things our before next year. He needs to evolve in a big way. Hope he's up to it.

I'd say he is, playing with one of the youngest teams in the country, QB goes down in each of his first two years, and he has a winning record. As a really good poster here used to say, "nothing is as good or bad as it seems".

Oh gadds! Not again...
11-21-2018 04:44 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

brovol = Debbie Downer.
11-21-2018 05:07 PM
Bronco XXVIII Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: WMU!
To get this back on track .... really happy for the seniors that they notched that last win at home, and get to play once more in a bowl game.
11-21-2018 06:08 PM
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

(11-21-2018 05:07 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  brovol = Debbie Downer.

True, but a good looking version, and with style and lots of holiday cheer.
11-21-2018 06:13 PM
ejd_5277 Offline
Special Teams

I think firing Daoust was a big step for Tim. (Even if it wasn’t solely his decision.) I can only imagine the size of the lump in his throat as he headed into that meeting.

Clearly he wasn’t the ideal candidate for the job, but he’s what we’ve got and I don’t doubt for one second his desire to win. The FBS is not the place to learn on the job, but alas...

Tim needs to remember how this win felt. Watching the post-game presser, it was obvious a big weight was lifted off of him.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, brovol.
11-22-2018 10:37 AM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

(11-20-2018 11:23 PM)WMUlaxer97 Wrote:  
(11-20-2018 10:57 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t Daoust the DC of a 6 loss team a year ago that wasn’t exactly stellar on defense? Wasn’t it apparent that he was in over his head after seeing his defensive philosophy after 21 games? We’re you confident in his defense that gave up 98 in wins vs Miami, EMU & BG? We were fortunate to go into the Toledo game without a conference loss.
I believe Daoust was with Ball St last year. However their defense was indeed trash last year. Our Defense was actually decent last year (it was the offense that struggled.) But yes, Daoust's games last year as well as his this year was apparent he didn't know what he was doing.
11-22-2018 12:06 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

Daoust was at Ball St in 2016. Came on board when Lester was hired. His defense at BSU was horrible.
11-22-2018 01:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.