WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

LEADERSHIP/CONFIDENCE ISSUES etc
talg8er Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
LEADERSHIP/CONFIDENCE ISSUES etc
last year and this player/leaders were told by staff NOT to police the freshmen or hold others accountable - the culture that was built by Fleck was destroyed early on last season and couple that with poor even inept coaching from position coaches to coordinators to the HC - and the leftovers from RTB are just playing out their years and moving on. they wanted to beat CMU and be bowl eligible - after that when the goals are set low by the HC, why chance getting hurt. players last year were questioning the knowledge and ability of the staff and nothing changed or got better

KB is the main problem though - she will not do anything about it - if I was TL I would come back to WMU for 800k whether I was ready or not - who wouldn't? (of course coulda paid 150k and got him, but why use brains) WMU athletic Dept. needs a whole new look - starting at the top
11-14-2018 03:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
RE: LEADERSHIP/CONFIDENCE ISSUES etc
And you know all this- how?
11-14-2018 03:54 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
This should all be taken with a grain of salt as with any rumor but I heard much of the same last year particularly re: players questioning the staff.

I think the hope now is that as more and more of his own players get in Lester will have a better control of the team/culture. But I think for results to follow we need staff changes.
11-14-2018 03:59 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
He only has 10 posts, so I suspect he is either a troll or an insider-maybe a player? Who can say?
11-14-2018 03:59 PM
Brindlee2015 Offline
2nd String

(11-14-2018 03:59 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  He only has 10 posts, so I suspect he is either a troll or an insider-maybe a player? Who can say?

Can't be a player; join date indicates 2007.
11-14-2018 04:01 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(11-14-2018 04:01 PM)Brindlee2015 Wrote:  
(11-14-2018 03:59 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  He only has 10 posts, so I suspect he is either a troll or an insider-maybe a player? Who can say?

Can't be a player; join date indicates 2007.

There you go, it's probably Kathy's Associate Athletic Director looking for advancement.

Everybody has an agenda.

03-lmfao
11-14-2018 04:04 PM
Advertisement

Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

Don't be so quick to disregard what he's saying. If you've ever sat in the right area last year, you heard much of the same stuff.
11-14-2018 07:15 PM
talg8er Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
**from players and from parents FWIW -

I know Tim and several other coaches - but I do not feel they were/are ready and am sick that we are paying 800k for this mess. I bleed brown and gold and am saddened that we have taken multiple steps backward as a program.

the real problem is KB - always has been - she's a pushover and a mess
11-15-2018 12:46 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(11-15-2018 12:46 PM)talg8er Wrote:  **from players and from parents FWIW -

I know Tim and several other coaches - but I do not feel they were/are ready and am sick that we are paying 800k for this mess. I bleed brown and gold and am saddened that we have taken multiple steps backward as a program.

Kathy has hired some good coaches-Fleck, Blashill, Hawks. She's also hired some duds-Culhane for example. And she stuck with Jim Culhane WAY past the time it was obvious he wasn't getting the job done.

She's probably the best AD Western has had in recent decades, but that isn't saying too much-we've had some real duds in that Position. Still, before we consider replacing her, you need to have somebody in mind. That's the issue.
11-15-2018 02:11 PM
Brindlee2015 Offline
2nd String

BTW, having donors "making" these kinds of decisions is a REALLY bad idea.
11-15-2018 02:37 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-15-2018 02:37 PM)Brindlee2015 Wrote:  BTW, having donors "making" these kinds of decisions is a REALLY bad idea.

My guess is that the prez and donors were starting to get loud. Probably making some threats about pulling funding and basically insisting something be done. I doubt there was an ultimatum it Tim realized he needed to make a change and figured now was as good of a time as ever if to just cool off his seat. It was likely Daoust wasn’t going to be retained after this year.
11-15-2018 03:34 PM
Advertisement

wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

(11-15-2018 02:37 PM)Brindlee2015 Wrote:  BTW, having donors "making" these kinds of decisions is a REALLY bad idea.

While I would normally agree, I am actually inclined to think our donors have had better ideas than the brass of late.
11-15-2018 03:40 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos

Yes, we don't want big money donors running our programs, only supporting them.
11-15-2018 03:59 PM
bostonbronco Offline
All American

I Root For:
Selecting a coach is not a guarantee of success. KB caught a lot of flack for selecting Fleck, and he got the Broncos to the Cotton Bowl.

Coach Lester has developed an productive offensive machine...even with losing Wassink and replacing him with a young but talented freshman.

Defense, for whatever reason, has regressed. This seems to have been addressed with the firing of Doust the the search for a replacement.

Next year, the Bronco offense will be strong. However, Bogan will be missed as will others such as Keenoy. The defense has to get better. The Broncos have got to stop the other team. As often said, the team that scores more points is going to win. It doesn't matter how many points the Broncos put up if the opposition puts up more.

If Western can beat NIU which is a huge challenge, we all can breathe more easily. However, if they don't win, it will be very disappointing but the future could be very promising.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2018 04:26 PM by bostonbronco.)
11-15-2018 04:24 PM
bronco89 Offline
Special Teams

(11-15-2018 02:11 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  

Kathy has hired some good coaches-Fleck, Blashill, Hawks. She's also hired some duds-Culhane for example. And she stuck with Jim Culhane WAY past the time it was obvious he wasn't getting the job done.

She's probably the best AD Western has had in recent decades, but that isn't saying too much-we've had some real duds in that Position. Still, before we consider replacing her, you need to have somebody in mind. That's the issue.

Kathy did not hire Fleck. She wanted TL and was forced to move on Fleck him by Dunn. I love Hawk but he needs to move on. No one on campus cares about the basketball team. There is no energy at all around the program.
11-16-2018 03:20 PM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
(11-16-2018 03:20 PM)bronco89 Wrote:  
(11-15-2018 02:11 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  

Kathy did not hire Fleck. She wanted TL and was forced to move on Fleck him by Dunn. I love Hawk but he needs to move on. No one on campus cares about the basketball team. There is no energy at all around the program.

Agreed, but a point must be clarified. Dunn didn't direct KB to hire Fleck, only to move away from Lester and the Cubit tree. He directed her to "shake things up".

Spot on about basketball, too. Nobody cares.
11-19-2018 07:55 PM
Advertisement

Nacho Offline
Heisman

What can WMU do to get people to care about WMU bball? I think Hawk has a talented squad but injuries ended this year before it began. Team is playing with more emotion and cohesion this year than they did last year so far.
11-19-2018 08:47 PM
bronco89 Offline
Special Teams

(11-19-2018 08:47 PM)Nacho Wrote:  What can WMU do to get people to care about WMU bball? I think Hawk has a talented squad but injuries ended this year before it began. Team is playing with more emotion and cohesion this year than they did last year so far.

We could drop hockey......
11-20-2018 08:36 AM
Wheres_Waldo? Offline
Special Teams

As long as Hawk is there, the program will be stuck right where it is. Nice man, but as vanilla as can be. The program has no identity. [/align]
11-20-2018 09:08 AM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

(11-20-2018 08:36 AM)bronco89 Wrote:  
(11-19-2018 08:47 PM)Nacho Wrote:  What can WMU do to get people to care about WMU bball? I think Hawk has a talented squad but injuries ended this year before it began. Team is playing with more emotion and cohesion this year than they did last year so far.

We could drop hockey......

That'd be great. This isn't Canada for gosh sakes.
11-20-2018 09:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.