WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If prior to 2016 you would be told 1 year of greatness would be followed by....
Wmufan715 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Wmu
If prior to 2016 you would be told 1 year of greatness would be followed by....
5 years of embarrassment would you have taken it?
11-13-2018 08:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Nacho Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
RE: If prior to 2016 you would be told 1 year of greatness would be followed by....
Yeah, the cotton bowl was a really fun experience even though I was too drunk to remember it.
11-13-2018 08:08 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
RE: If prior to 2016 you would be told 1 year of greatness would be followed by....
We were set up for a decade of excellence at that point, but it all came down to a single decision on who to offer the HC job to. What a terrible hire. How sad.
11-13-2018 08:36 PM
Fthechips Offline
1st String

I Root For: Western Mich
(11-13-2018 08:36 PM)brovol Wrote:  We were set up for a decade of excellence at that point, but it all came down to a single decision on who to offer the HC job to. What a terrible hire. How sad.

Back to irrelevancy.
11-13-2018 08:37 PM
BrewtownBronco Offline
2nd String

(11-13-2018 08:37 PM)Fthechips Wrote:  
(11-13-2018 08:36 PM)brovol Wrote:  We were set up for a decade of excellence at that point, but it all came down to a single decision on who to offer the HC job to. What a terrible hire. How sad.

Back to irrelevancy.

Pathetic
11-13-2018 09:10 PM
JPWMU Offline
1st String

I Root For: \/\/ |\/| |_|
(11-13-2018 08:07 PM)Wmufan715 Wrote:  5 years of embarrassment would you have taken it?

Absolutely! That was a once in a lifetime season. I don’t think we all realize how special it really was. Undefeated, College Gameday on campus, MACC, Cotton Bowl. I’m so glad my wife talked me in to going to Dallas. I’ll always remember the 2016 season.
11-13-2018 09:50 PM
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

So this year's record will exactly match last year's 21-injury team record.

And we were one missed Miami FG from a worse record.

Wow.
11-13-2018 10:10 PM
WMUslappy1 Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-13-2018 08:07 PM)Wmufan715 Wrote:  5 years of embarrassment would you have taken it?

Absolutely. After all, the pro football team here has been a 60 year embarrassment and we still take it up the tailpipe (ford = tailpipe)
11-13-2018 10:41 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
followed by.... a win against NIU! Tim Lester, with the strength of a thousand field mice, will lead our team to a surprising win next week -- catching NIU by surprise! Whoo hoo!
11-13-2018 10:56 PM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU & UofM
(11-13-2018 10:41 PM)WMUslappy1 Wrote:  

Absolutely. After all, the pro football team here has been a 60 year embarrassment and we still take it up the tailpipe (ford = tailpipe)

Yep still basking in the glory of that 1991 playoff win. Last time I spent a penny on a ticket to the Ford’s experiment was in 1993. Sad to watch Barry and Megatron toil and waste great careers as Leo’s.
11-13-2018 11:00 PM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU & UofM

I said it almost 2 years ago, we were at a very important crossroads for this program. Given the returning leaders and talent it could’ve gone very well or disastrously. I was not impressed by the hire of an unproven HC. $800K would’ve gone a long way to hiring an experienced Coach AND good coordinators.
We have A head coach that seems to be removed from the defensive side, sadly I’ve seen this play out with RichRod and it doesn’t work. If you are completely hands off with the defense you better have a hell of a DC. Sadly that is not the case.
11-13-2018 11:10 PM
Advertisement

holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
I'd trade 10 years in the desert to experience what you guys had in 2016. Of course that's easy to say from a distance.
11-14-2018 12:32 AM
uclabruin Offline
1st String

I Root For: Against USC
Yes...would take that deal. We will always have 2016. The MAC is about parity and staying one step ahead of the posse as a head coach. It is pretty tough to distance yourself from the rest of the conference talent wise. NIU has the mental game down at this point.
11-14-2018 06:20 AM
Wmufan715 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Wmu
(11-14-2018 06:20 AM)uclabruin Wrote:  Yes...would take that deal. We will always have 2016. The MAC is about parity and staying one step ahead of the posse as a head coach. It is pretty tough to distance yourself from the rest of the conference talent wise. NIU has the mental game down at this point.

Stop saying the MAC is about parity. How many different teams have played in the MAC championship the last 10 years?

With the occasional outlier of us in 2016 and Buffalo this year it’s been a revolving door of

NIU, Toledo, Ohio and Bowling Green.

Parity means everyone can beat everyone. That’s not the case. Good teams like NIU don’t lose to 3-7 Ball State.

Parity like the NFL and to some extent MLB happen when everyone has same resources for player acquisition. That’s not even close to the case here. Recruiting and facility budgets between WMU and Kent State are further than Alabama and Vanderbilt.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2018 07:52 AM by Wmufan715.)
11-14-2018 07:47 AM
Bronco88Oxford Offline
Bench Warmer

WOW
Lets see:
Chance to extend the game ...and win
Chance to stop the 3 week long streak of looking like garbage on TV - make it 4 next week!!
Chance (Slim) to win the MAC West
Chance for a Bowl invite
And Timmy calls for the 2 pt. conv. - A RUN OFF RT...……………04-jawdrop03-puke
BRILLIANT!!! Man no one saw that coming.
Hopefully this shortened his HC career at WMU
PS- I'm not knocking the risk BUT the call.
11-14-2018 08:08 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

NIU is in the MACC for the 7th time in 9 years. Three different coaches, five different QBs.

They would - and should - be in the AAC by now if it wasn't for their bad attendance and small media market (both of which is true for pretty much all MAC teams).
11-14-2018 08:17 AM
Advertisement

BroncoMD Offline
1st String

Crappies
(11-14-2018 08:08 AM)Bronco88Oxford Wrote:  WOW
Lets see:
Chance to stop the 3 week long streak of looking like garbage on TV - make it 4 next week!!
Chance for a Bowl invite

I blame Lester for both the risk AND the call.

I'm sorry, I liked our odds to OUTSCORE them in overtime without going for 2 until the 3rd overtime. Yes, our defense played poorly but I liked our chances of WMU moving the ball against there chance of moving the ball.

The call was horrid. I would have rolled Eleby out to the far side and gave him the option to run or pass for the two point conversion.
11-14-2018 08:25 AM
Bronco88Oxford Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-14-2018 08:25 AM)BroncoMD Wrote:  
Lets see:
Chance for a Bowl invite

I'm sorry, I liked our odds to OUTSCORE them in overtime without going for 2 until the 3rd overtime. Yes, our defense played poorly but I liked our chances of WMU moving the ball against there chance of moving the ball.

The call was horrid. I would have rolled Eleby out to the far side and gave him the option to run or pass for the two point conversion.

04-cheers
11-14-2018 08:26 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Lets see:
Chance for a Bowl invite

I was all-in on Lester's decision to go for 2 at the time. But in retrospect - and not just because it failed - I've started to shift toward your point of view.

But in the end, it doesn't matter.

Even after our revenge win at CMU, we all figured we weren't gonna run the MAC table. Our 6-2 record always felt like a house of cards. But I didn't expect to get blown off our field by Toledo and Ohio (45-zip at halftime?) and losing to a bad 3-win team.
11-14-2018 08:32 AM
GullLake Offline
Support Hong Kong protesters!

I Root For: Joe Manchin
Lets see:
Chance for a Bowl invite

The decision to go for two was horrid. The call was even worse.

As much as I like Lester, he blew this game - and pretty much the season -with those two poor decisions.

Thankfully, Lester has recruited v-e-r-y well and I am confident we will see improvement next season. If not, and particularly if we lose to CMU, Lester should be removed.

How many years of mediocrity did we accept from Cubit before the necessary change was made? Once it is obvious you will never win a championship, or regularly beat your rival, it is time to move on to another coach. Lester isn't there, yet, but getting too darn close.

One championship every 30 years is not acceptable. A losing record to CMU (if the Chippewas upset us next season) is not acceptable. Annual 6-6 records are not acceptable. Time for this program to turn a corner and take it to the next level.
11-14-2018 08:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.