Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Myrtle Beach Bowl Official, Coming in 2020
Bookmark and Share
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
Myrtle Beach Bowl Official, Coming in 2020

Match ups will feature Sun Belt, CUSA, and MAC teams on rotation between 2020 and 2025.
11-13-2018 01:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

troutbummike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
RE: Myrtle Beach Bowl Official, Coming in 2020
(11-13-2018 01:16 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  

Match ups will feature Sun Belt, CUSA, and MAC teams on rotation between 2020 and 2025.

The Teal bowl.
11-13-2018 01:24 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
That’s good, but we need a bowl tie with a P5 conference. Wonder if they are expecting the conference to be bigger by then? Will be interesting to see the bowl ties when all the contracts expire.
11-13-2018 01:36 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

(11-13-2018 01:36 PM)Usajags Wrote:  That’s good, but we need a bowl tie with a P5 conference. Wonder if they are expecting the conference to be bigger by then? Will be interesting to see the bowl ties when all the contracts expire.

Based on the way College Football is currently heading, it's highly doubtful we have a P5 tie-in in the new bowl cycle. I think people will even be surprised by how badly the AAC gets snubbed. The G5 will be even more cut off.
11-13-2018 01:43 PM
El Chanto Offline
1st String

I Root For: CoastalCarolina
We beat out Charleston and at least one other competing market for this! Great exposure for the university and I'll definitely get annual tickets. I notice outgoing commish Karl Benson's quoted so I guess this is his legacy's swan song as far as establishing a new bowl tie-in for the Fun Belt and I appreciate all he's done to help Coastal get on the FBS map...

[Image: serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy...d32672b0c1]
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2018 01:52 PM by El Chanto.)
11-13-2018 01:49 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(11-13-2018 01:36 PM)Usajags Wrote:  That’s good, but we need a bowl tie with a P5 conference. Wonder if they are expecting the conference to be bigger by then? Will be interesting to see the bowl ties when all the contracts expire.

That's a really funny joke. Like we have a chance in hell at getting a P5 to play us in a bowl. They won't even play the AAC anymore.
11-13-2018 01:49 PM
Advertisement

Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
(11-13-2018 01:49 PM)El Chanto Wrote:  We beat out Charleston and at least one other competing market for this! Great exposure for the university and I'll definitely get annual tickets. I notice outgoing commish Karl Benson's quoted so I guess this is his legacy's swan song as far as establishing a new bowl tie-in for the Fun Belt and I appreciate all he's done to help Coastal get on the FBS map...

But remember, Karl is awful... He only got the conference 3-4 more bowl games. But, you know... He snubbed the self crowned kings once. So Karl BAD
11-13-2018 01:56 PM
RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
I’ve been flip flopping back and forth regarding this...

-I think it’s good to get another bowl game in our geographic foot print
-Myrtle beach is an awesome destination location
-with the finishing touches, I’m sure Coastals stadium will be a great venue for the game
-in the end, I think the likes of belt, Mac and CUSA do better when they stick together and everybody benefits in this

On the flip side though...

-the rumble mill says we probably lose one of our current tie ins and surely it would be Arizona, but per a Brett mcmurphy report a while back he stated it could potentially be dollar General or cure
-I can’t help but think it Would hurt “fanfare” and lose a bit of luster if the league wound up with two bowls that are played in stadiums majority of members have or will play in twice (or even three times with conference championship game) in one year
11-13-2018 02:15 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(11-13-2018 01:56 PM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  
(11-13-2018 01:49 PM)El Chanto Wrote:  We beat out Charleston and at least one other competing market for this! Great exposure for the university and I'll definitely get annual tickets. I notice outgoing commish Karl Benson's quoted so I guess this is his legacy's swan song as far as establishing a new bowl tie-in for the Fun Belt and I appreciate all he's done to help Coastal get on the FBS map...

But remember, Karl is awful... He only got the conference 3-4 more bowl games. But, you know... He snubbed the self crowned kings once. So Karl BAD

Oh if only that were only it. Hope he tries to screw you by ignoring the rules adopted. Your snotty condescension and mis-representation deserves it.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2018 02:20 PM by arkstfan.)
11-13-2018 02:20 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

Up to four appearances over six years. Expectation is we lose Arizona so we need more deals or lose ground vs where we are.
11-13-2018 02:21 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

(11-13-2018 02:20 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  

Oh if only that were only it. Hope he tries to screw you by ignoring the rules adopted. Your snotty condescension and mis-representation deserves it.

You're going to have a hard time convincing GaSt, GaSo, App, CCU that Karl is horrible. Got more bowl games, got more TV money, got a better conference in general. King Karl is A-Okay.
11-13-2018 03:03 PM
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
Yay another eastern bowl game for the conference. Good thing the west division sucks.
11-13-2018 03:04 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I do honestly feel bad for Texas State. Y'all should be with your Texas brethren.
11-13-2018 03:16 PM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
(11-13-2018 03:03 PM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  You're going to have a hard time convincing GaSt, GaSo, App, CCU that Karl is horrible. Got more bowl games, got more TV money, got a better conference in general. King Karl is A-Okay.

Yep.. this is where I fall with King Karl.
11-13-2018 03:18 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

(11-13-2018 02:21 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Up to four appearances over six years. Expectation is we lose Arizona so we need more deals or lose ground vs where we are.

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about Georgia State trying to host a bowl game. If Coastal can host one on their campus, Georgia State should have no problem pitching the same idea with their stadium.

That might honestly be the only hope we have to obtain a low-level P5 tie-in.
11-13-2018 03:21 PM
Tealblood Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CCU
Reading and looking between the lines what I see happening is with espn owning more and more bowls and the reason with 3 conference tie-ins in this bowl

ESPN is going to match and move teams for regional and quality games it won’t be as much-“ well New Orleans will want team X back”

but if we can put together a good game that might not otherwise happen—for instance in a year with a good App St and a good Marshall team they might say let’s pair them in Myrtle Beach
11-13-2018 03:32 PM
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
(11-13-2018 03:16 PM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  I do honestly feel bad for Texas State. Y'all should be with your Texas brethren.

It is a tough island to be on. Competition wise, I love the SBC and the teams in it. But as far as feeling part of a community or conference it would be nice to be with the Texas schools.
11-13-2018 03:32 PM
Tealblood Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CCU
(11-13-2018 03:21 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  
(11-13-2018 02:21 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Up to four appearances over six years. Expectation is we lose Arizona so we need more deals or lose ground vs where we are.

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about Georgia State trying to host a bowl game. If Coastal can host one on their campus, Georgia State should have no problem pitching the same idea with their stadium.

That might honestly be the only hope we have to obtain a low-level P5 tie-in.

The problem with that scenario is CCU isn’t what’s driving the bus on this but espn and the local chamber- which is very into sports tourism
11-13-2018 03:33 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

"Visit Myrtle Beach" is a very powerful tourism board in that area. They've been wanting this for a while and once Charleston knocked down half their stadium and CCU got in the Belt that board started salivating.
11-13-2018 03:39 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(11-13-2018 03:03 PM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  
(11-13-2018 02:20 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  

You're going to have a hard time convincing GaSt, GaSo, App, CCU that Karl is horrible. Got more bowl games, got more TV money, got a better conference in general. King Karl is A-Okay.

Life isn't ******* binary. Nothing is a 1 or 0.

Just because he tried to throw the rules adopted by the league in the trash can in order to screw a full member and help a departing member whose president hired him doesn't mean he could never do anything right. Simplistic thinking is why this country is a looney bin right now.
11-13-2018 03:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.