Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PETA: If You Drink Milk, You Support Racism, Or Something
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
PETA: If You Drink Milk, You Support Racism, Or Something
Quote:At first, I thought this was a parody. It had to be. Everything has become a political battlefield. From television shows, food, clothes, and even hairstyles, the liberal, politically correct are policing things they find problematic. And now we’re dredging this nonsense from the grave: milk is racist. And take a wild guess on who’s pushing this trash. Yeah, it’s People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). They’re unspooled. So, how is milk racist or used as a supposed symbol of white supremacy? White people have an enzyme or something. The New York Times got in on this drivel, and spent way too much time on it:

“Studying human genetic diversity is easier in a society where diversity is clearly valued and celebrated — right now, that is very much on my mind,” said John Novembre, a University of Chicago evolutionary biologist who has taken to concluding his visiting seminars by illustrating how one of the field’s textbook examples of natural selection has been adopted for illiberal ends.

One slide Dr. Novembre has folded into his recent talks depicts a group of white nationalists chugging milk at a 2017 gathering to draw attention to a genetic trait known to be more common in white people than others — the ability to digest lactose as adults. It also shows a social media post from an account called “Enter The Milk Zone” with a map lifted from a scientific journal article on the trait’s evolutionary history.

In most of the world, the article explains, the gene that allows for the digestion of lactose switches off after childhood. But with the arrival of the first cattle herders in Europe some 5,000 years ago, a chance mutation that left it turned on provided enough of a nutritional leg up that nearly all of those who survived eventually carried it. In the post, the link is accompanied by a snippet of hate speech urging individuals of African ancestry to leave America. “If you can’t drink milk,” it says in part, “you have to go back.”

So what? Let white nationalist idiots drink milk. I love milk. Does that make me a white nationalist supporter? Millions of Americans (and Lord knows how many hundreds of millions of others) of all ethnicities, creeds, and racial groups drink milk—and we don’t give a crap that cows are allegedly abused. Keep milking those damn cows is all I have to say. I need milk for PB&J, cereal, pancakes, and a host of other foods. And no, I’m not a white nationalist. It’s a dumb reason to stop drinking milk, but since we’re on this subject, PETA, what do you call those who love chocolate milk?

Link
10-24-2018 02:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: PETA: If You Drink Milk, You Support Racism, Or Something
Yeah, just found out today, thanks to PETA, that my two-year-old daughter is a raving racist. She drinks a gallon and a half of the "white" juice each week. Don't know how her mother and I can ever live down the shame.
10-24-2018 02:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ummechengr Offline
C'mon....really!?!?!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Bunch a racists I tell ya....

[Image: ba0c8786077d5418ef9aee35232f4702--got-mi...ie-mac.jpg]
[Image: 1700-53.JPG]
[Image: original.jpg]
[Image: original.jpg]
[Image: o-DENNIS-RODMAN-570.jpg?1]
10-24-2018 02:57 PM
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Nope, sorry, only people of western and northern European Caucasian decent can be racist.
10-24-2018 03:03 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
anyone actually pays attention to PETA?
10-24-2018 03:21 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(10-24-2018 03:21 PM)fsquid Wrote:  anyone actually pays attention to PETA?

People for Eating Tasty Animals, heck yeah!
10-24-2018 03:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
PETA was a terrorist organization before Antifa was cool.
10-25-2018 06:14 AM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(10-25-2018 06:14 AM)chargeradio Wrote:  PETA was a terrorist organization before Antifa was cool.

you think they are bad, try Greenpeace
10-25-2018 08:38 AM
q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
(10-24-2018 02:52 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:PETA, what do you call those who love chocolate milk?

Exactly... I prefer Chocolate Milk... what does that make me?
10-25-2018 01:04 PM
Advertisement

miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
(10-25-2018 01:04 PM)q5sys Wrote:  
Quote:PETA, what do you call those who love chocolate milk?

Exactly... I prefer Chocolate Milk... what does that make me?

An A-hole
10-25-2018 01:05 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
I read this and said OK. Well, I didn't actually say it, just made the hand gesture.
10-25-2018 03:42 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
Quote:At first, I thought this was a parody. It had to be. Everything has become a political battlefield. From television shows, food, clothes, and even hairstyles, the liberal, politically correct are policing things they find problematic. And now we’re dredging this nonsense from the grave: milk is racist. And take a wild guess on who’s pushing this trash. Yeah, it’s People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). They’re unspooled. So, how is milk racist or used as a supposed symbol of white supremacy? White people have an enzyme or something. The New York Times got in on this drivel, and spent way too much time on it:

“Studying human genetic diversity is easier in a society where diversity is clearly valued and celebrated — right now, that is very much on my mind,” said John Novembre, a University of Chicago evolutionary biologist who has taken to concluding his visiting seminars by illustrating how one of the field’s textbook examples of natural selection has been adopted for illiberal ends.

One slide Dr. Novembre has folded into his recent talks depicts a group of white nationalists chugging milk at a 2017 gathering to draw attention to a genetic trait known to be more common in white people than others — the ability to digest lactose as adults. It also shows a social media post from an account called “Enter The Milk Zone” with a map lifted from a scientific journal article on the trait’s evolutionary history.

In most of the world, the article explains, the gene that allows for the digestion of lactose switches off after childhood. But with the arrival of the first cattle herders in Europe some 5,000 years ago, a chance mutation that left it turned on provided enough of a nutritional leg up that nearly all of those who survived eventually carried it. In the post, the link is accompanied by a snippet of hate speech urging individuals of African ancestry to leave America. “If you can’t drink milk,” it says in part, “you have to go back.”

So what? Let white nationalist idiots drink milk. I love milk. Does that make me a white nationalist supporter? Millions of Americans (and Lord knows how many hundreds of millions of others) of all ethnicities, creeds, and racial groups drink milk—and we don’t give a crap that cows are allegedly abused. Keep milking those damn cows is all I have to say. I need milk for PB&J, cereal, pancakes, and a host of other foods. And no, I’m not a white nationalist. It’s a dumb reason to stop drinking milk, but since we’re on this subject, PETA, what do you call those who love chocolate milk?

Link

"University" of Chicago= this is what happens when you drop down from Div I football. Pay attention, Rice, you're next (and already more of a libby cesspool than is prudent.)
10-25-2018 07:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.