Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

#firecoachGeorge
Bookmark and Share
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
#firecoachGeorge
2 stints with Toledo...

He got through with Ola last season and a great D line and the remnince of Heacock. It's all gone. Good DBs are now out of place ... Missing assignments.

The class of the MAC got out classed today.

NIU, EMU, UB, and Toledo are the top 4 but none will finish top 10 G5ers because of either lack off offense or lack of defense. Toledo and UB are the ladder. EMU and NIU the Oless squads.
09-30-2018 12:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SylRocketFan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Toledo
RE: #firecoachGeorge
Yup. Terrible. Been saying it all year that we can't be bad on the O-line and have a terrible defense. That's the perfect formula for an average at best team. Need to get the D back on track and George has proven he won't be the one to do it.
09-30-2018 12:23 AM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Offensive line issues need to be addressed as well. We used to always have a good o-line. What happened? Is it coaching?
09-30-2018 12:25 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

Coach Manning is with the colts after a good stint with ISU. It's truly amazing what we can do with good WR and a back up QB and a deep young RB corps... Forreal. We inched out 27 points tonight with a bad O line! We can win the MAC with a bad D and a bad O line. That's unimpressively impressive.
09-30-2018 12:52 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

You putzes are showing no class. Was there a moral wrong committed by this coach? He not show up to work? Making a case that there are aspects of the team that need improvement, even change that will not happen without a change in staff can be done without the nonsense displayed in this thread title.
09-30-2018 07:20 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-30-2018 07:20 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  You putzes are showing no class. Was there a moral wrong committed by this coach? He not show up to work? Making a case that there are aspects of the team that need improvement, even change that will not happen without a change in staff can be done without the nonsense displayed in this thread title.

Because we re hired a guy who already had a bad defense with our program. That would be like Toledo rehiring Joplin next year.
09-30-2018 09:34 AM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-30-2018 09:34 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  
(09-30-2018 07:20 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  You putzes are showing no class. Was there a moral wrong committed by this coach? He not show up to work? Making a case that there are aspects of the team that need improvement, even change that will not happen without a change in staff can be done without the nonsense displayed in this thread title.

Because we re hired a guy who already had a bad defense with our program. That would be like Toledo rehiring Joplin next year.

and the reason you didn't hashtag the people that hired the object of this thread? The buck stops at the lowest wage? Is that how this hashtag fire stuff works? If you asked the guy making a million dollars, would he claim that this coach went against his direction?

It doesn't strike me classy. It's counter productive. It's easy to target a human being on the internet. Argue what should be done differently with the defense. Argue the responsibilities of the coaches, the AD whoever. But "Fire..." Do people really deserve that for doing their job, even if we don't agree whether it is done well or not?

There was no moral wrong done. No accusation of ethics violation. No personal offense committed against you? I just don't get where you drew the line for this type of thread title and why?
09-30-2018 09:45 AM
DetroitRocket Online
Heisman

I Root For:

#1 Why do we hire a D Coordinator from Kent?

#2 Why do we rehire Mike Ward who wasn't much of a linebacker coach the first time around, got fired at Illinois and now is back coaching linebackers at UT?
09-30-2018 09:59 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-30-2018 09:45 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  

and the reason you didn't hashtag the people that hired the object of this thread? The buck stops at the lowest wage? Is that how this hashtag fire stuff works? If you asked the guy making a million dollars, would he claim that this coach went against his direction?

It doesn't strike me classy. It's counter productive. It's easy to target a human being on the internet. Argue what should be done differently with the defense. Argue the responsibilities of the coaches, the AD whoever. But "Fire..." Do people really deserve that for doing their job, even if we don't agree whether it is done well or not?

There was no moral wrong done. No accusation of ethics violation. No personal offense committed against you? I just don't get where you drew the line for this type of thread title and why?

The thread title isn't #FirePersonForMoralReasons, it's fire someone because they aren't good at their job. You are way oversensitive on this issue.

It would be real tough for you on the NIU board with their displeasure of Rod Carey.

The media will be hard pressed to critique Candle on the defense this week
09-30-2018 10:11 AM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(09-30-2018 09:59 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

#2 Why do we rehire Mike Ward who wasn't much of a linebacker coach the first time around, got fired at Illinois and now is back coaching linebackers at UT?

In a way, I think you are all making somewhat the same point: Candle is ultimately accountable. Now, I’m not suggesting a “Fire Candle” thread. In fact, he’s grown on me over the past season and 4 games. I do see some maturing. I think he knows the problem(s). I just don’t think much can be done about them at this point in the season, and I suspect he feels the same.

Had we not been coming off a MAC championship season, I and perhaps others would be thinking well, we’re still a bit inexperienced in places, and some of the talent may not even be seeing the field, so maybe we are a season away again.

Expectations are high, as they should be at this program. I’d like to see growth on the O line, some new blood having their trial by fire at LB and in the secondary, and some serious contemplation of our defensive scheme and intent during the off-season. Those things, I believe, are rightly placed on the shoulders of our head coach.
09-30-2018 10:16 AM
DetroitRocket Online
Heisman

I Root For:
(09-30-2018 10:16 AM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  
(09-30-2018 09:59 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

In a way, I think you are all making somewhat the same point: Candle is ultimately accountable. Now, I’m not suggesting a “Fire Candle” thread. In fact, he’s grown on me over the past season and 4 games. I do see some maturing. I think he knows the problem(s). I just don’t think much can be done about them at this point in the season, and I suspect he feels the same.

Had we not been coming off a MAC championship season, I and perhaps others would be thinking well, we’re still a bit inexperienced in places, and some of the talent may not even be seeing the field, so maybe we are a season away again.

Expectations are high, as they should be at this program. I’d like to see growth on the O line, some new blood having their trial by fire at LB and in the secondary, and some serious contemplation of our defensive scheme and intent during the off-season. Those things, I believe, are rightly placed on the shoulders of our head coach.

We had a good defense just a few years ago when Jon Heacock was here. You didn't see the DB's 10 yards off the LOS. He totally turned around Iowa State's defense. Candle was here then. He has the tapes. He was in the room. He has the play books. You don't have to be a nuclear physicist!
09-30-2018 01:30 PM
Advertisement

Michigan Rocket Offline
Special Teams

All we can ever expect from our beloved Rockets is a decent year with 7-10 wins, a handful of All MAC Players and a decent Bowl Game. Sure, I'd love to see them win all their games, we all would. I'll be there Saturday just like always. I agree with whoever started this topic that the coaches need to make a ton of adjustments. I don't condone firing any coach. If Coach George is gone, who else would we get?
09-30-2018 03:35 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

(09-30-2018 10:11 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

The thread title isn't #FirePersonForMoralReasons, it's fire someone because they aren't good at their job. You are way oversensitive on this issue.

It would be real tough for you on the NIU board with their displeasure of Rod Carey.

Agreed. Every single fan base that's passionate about their program vents like this. Don't ever get on Twitter, East.
09-30-2018 11:16 PM
SylRocketFan Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-30-2018 11:16 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  

Agreed. Every single fan base that's passionate about their program vents like this. Don't ever get on Twitter, East.

I don't think anyone is wishing him any personal hardship either. The fact of the matter is, I, and I'm sure basically everyone else, gets paid to do our jobs. If I don't handle my responsibilities and do my job, then I get fired. There is no difference between me doing my normal 9-5 job well and Coach George doing his well other than that he gets paid a heck of a lot more than me. I agree that Candle needs to answer for this as well as him. Maybe they correct it and we all eat crow. I sure would love that! But in the meantime, fans can be fans and it doesn't mean that we wouldn't all ultimately love having a beer with the guy. It's not personal!
10-01-2018 08:22 AM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

Bump
10-13-2018 12:22 PM
falconplucker Offline
1st String

If you think this is bad, next week's opponent Buffalo, came into this weekend averaging 196 yards rushing. Toledo is going to get slaughtered next weekend.
10-13-2018 12:24 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-30-2018 11:16 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  

I was thinking today might not be a good day to start, lol.
10-13-2018 12:36 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
A bit off topic but I’m surprised EMU’s defensive coordinator is still there. Eastern’s D has been a strength for awhile under him. When Candle got our job, I was really hoping we would lure Neathery away as associate head coach & “heir apparent” when (if?) Candle left. I know he’s a bit older, but sometimes that fits in the coaching cycle.
10-13-2018 01:00 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-13-2018 01:00 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  A bit off topic but I’m surprised EMU’s defensive coordinator is still there. Eastern’s D has been a strength for awhile under him. When Candle got our job, I was really hoping we would lure Neathery away as associate head coach & “heir apparent” when (if?) Candle left. I know he’s a bit older, but sometimes that fits in the coaching cycle.

You may be hitting on something here. We should be looking for a DC that is ready to become a head coach in 2-3 years. It's obvious George isn't getting the job done and pretty sure he would not be what we want as a head coach. Got to believe there are some good DC's out there that would chomp at the opportunity to come to Toledo and be in the mix for the HC job in a couple of years. We have always promoted the OC guy. I just think other coaches are getting a lot more done with less overall talent than Toledo has had. I always look at how good the defense is and how few penalties a team has to know how well they are coached. In terms of coaching ability - I think I would put Carey, Creighton, Solich ahead of Candle. Probably others as well. His downfall will be if he does not upgrade where we are struggling - defense and in particular LB's. The jury is out on the OL coach, but I have not been impressed with the OL this year in the least.
10-13-2018 03:35 PM
BrianNowicki Offline
All American

What's Amstutz doing these days? He wasn't a good fit to be the HC, but before that when he was our DC his defenses were pretty good......remember the 2000 team?
10-15-2018 03:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.