Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BEER
Bookmark and Share
Pete Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: U OF tOLEDO
BEER
Hope this works. Damn boring time of year UT sport wise . Need a pick up.
Here it is.Bruce take notice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.patronsaintsbrewery.com/aboutus

I plan on checking it out at 4:59 PM Friday.
Love these types of entreprenurials.
They make it TOLEDO interesting.
07-18-2018 08:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T4C8 Online
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
RE: BEER
I like beer. They are opening this Friday?
07-18-2018 10:21 PM
BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
Last I heard, Toledo was still dragging their feet on the license which is why they haven't been open already. They've been on tap at Casual Pint for a couple months now, good beer.
07-19-2018 07:27 AM
Rocket Pirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: Seton Hall
Awesome! I'll add that to my list of places to try out the next time I visit.
07-19-2018 07:59 AM
indianasniff Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Not exactly a stellar location but you have to start somewhere. Good luck to them. Good thing it wasn't there when I was in school. Drove past there everyday
07-19-2018 09:55 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I've recently brewed a few gallons in the Mr. Beer kit - which is about as amateur as it gets. Just to get a feel for what it was like and if I wanted to advance up. I think I'll take a pass on going further. It can be fun when you taste your first batch and it actually tastes like real beer. The Mr Beer kit provides the wort for you - so you get into a whole new set of complexities when you add your own ingredients to create the wort.

I'll have to try this place to see how their IPA compares. I like mine bitter and "hoppy" tasting. Accomplished that - although at times it seems too bitter
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2018 11:50 AM by MotoRocket.)
07-19-2018 11:48 AM
Advertisement

indianasniff Offline
All American

BEER
Rocking a really solid IPA from Chapman’s Brewing here at Parkview Field in Fort Wayne. It Thirsty Thursday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07-19-2018 08:19 PM
T4C8 Online
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
I'll take anything besides an IPA please
07-19-2018 08:39 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(07-19-2018 08:39 PM)T4C8 Wrote:  I'll take anything besides an IPA please

Miller Lite over a Diablo IPA? yikes! You must have had one of those grapefruit infused IPA's - they are horrible. Get a real IPA and if you don't like it, you will need that man card turned in before Labor Day weekend.
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2018 10:19 PM by MotoRocket.)
07-19-2018 10:16 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-19-2018 10:16 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  

Miller Lite over a Diablo IPA? yikes! You must have had one of those grapefruit infused IPA's - they are horrible. Get a real IPA and if you don't like it, you will need that man card turned in before Labor Day weekend.

03-lmfao Since when did an IPA require a "man card?" Not everyone likes smelling flowers when drinking.

To each their own. But it's a fad. Ten years it might be back to lagers and everyone will be brewing bocks. There are no personalities to be assigned.
07-20-2018 04:17 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(07-20-2018 04:17 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  

03-lmfao Since when did an IPA require a "man card?" Not everyone likes smelling flowers when drinking.

To each their own. But it's a fad. Ten years it might be back to lagers and everyone will be brewing bocks. There are no personalities to be assigned.

01-wingedeagle I don't know what IPA you are drinking, but if it smells like flowers - it is not a Diablo. There were no personalities being assigned - but since you had to butt in on my note to Church, I was only flipppantly comparing the watered down Miller Lite (since he stated he would drink anything but an IPA) to a beer with a 7.2 ABV - and a very nice bitter and hoppy taste to it. No fruits, no flowers.
07-20-2018 04:05 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-20-2018 04:05 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  
(07-20-2018 04:17 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  

01-wingedeagle I don't know what IPA you are drinking, but if it smells like flowers - it is not a Diablo. There were no personalities being assigned - but since you had to butt in on my note to Church, I was only flipppantly comparing the watered down Miller Lite (since he stated he would drink anything but an IPA) to a beer with a 7.2 ABV - and a very nice bitter and hoppy taste to it. No fruits, no flowers.

Quote:
Diablo IPA
$20.95
yada yada

Fiery amber in color with intense mouthfeel, displaying a blend of floral spice and stonefruit aromas with a firm and lingering bitter finish.

"Floral" wonder what that word means? 04-jawdrop Hops ARE flowers.

If the man don't like IPAs, he don't like IPAs. To each their own. Hell, isn't there a UT grad made a fortune off mass produced lagers?

flipping back to you! :)
07-20-2018 05:28 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
I am not an IPA fan but I have cousins in Indiana who get on line every Saturday morning at their local beer-selling retailer to buy a couple cases (limit based on demand) of Zombie Dust IPA. I cannot get it in NM but here’s Greg’s beer review for your consideration.

Cheers!

04-cheers
07-20-2018 09:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Alumni Pav would make a good game day beer hall, no? A bit smallish maybe. Someone told me there's a tap room on Monroe St that speciallizes in local Crafts. I think a marriage between the two would be fun. Soft Pretzel's, sausage, and kraut.. or is that too ethnic? probably.

Being honest, I get bored halfway through a mug. I refer those organized samplers.
07-21-2018 05:28 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
KBS04-cheers
Founders Brewing Co.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2018 11:11 AM by Boca Rocket.)
07-21-2018 11:10 AM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(07-21-2018 11:10 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  KBS04-cheers
Founders Brewing Co.

My first reaction was Kollegium Bier Stube but the KBS
BOURBON BARREL-AGED CHOCOLATE COFFEE STOUT sounds wonderful
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2018 11:20 PM by NewMex RocketFan.)
07-23-2018 09:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(07-21-2018 05:28 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  Alumni Pav would make a good game day beer hall, no? A bit smallish maybe. Someone told me there's a tap room on Monroe St that speciallizes in local Crafts. I think a marriage between the two would be fun. Soft Pretzel's, sausage, and kraut.. or is that too ethnic? probably.

Being honest, I get bored halfway through a mug. I refer those organized samplers.

Cincinnati made a Biergarten out of an unused area near the tennis courts in the stadium when they renovated everything and it has been getting great reviews and revenues...would definitely be a good idea for that space IMO. Only issue would be the fact that the space can be reserved, which may complicate things a bit.
07-24-2018 07:32 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-24-2018 07:32 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(07-21-2018 05:28 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  Alumni Pav would make a good game day beer hall, no? A bit smallish maybe. Someone told me there's a tap room on Monroe St that speciallizes in local Crafts. I think a marriage between the two would be fun. Soft Pretzel's, sausage, and kraut.. or is that too ethnic? probably.

Cincinnati made a Biergarten out of an unused area near the tennis courts in the stadium when they renovated everything and it has been getting great reviews and revenues...would definitely be a good idea for that space IMO. Only issue would be the fact that the space can be reserved, which may complicate things a bit.

"Can be" or "can't be?" Not sure why being reservable would be a problem? Anyhow, UT could possible use the tennis courts? One entrance, easy to police.

Biergarden: all respects to a previous suggestion on a Grand Rapids beer, I'd like to see it reserved to reasonably local taps. Also not sure how the local distributors would feel, given they are generous to the University. Certainly fair game for them to participate and let the best beers win.

When it was first posted the idea to create an Alumni Pavillion, my opinion was against the present location, with first option being Larimer or behind the South wall and tennis courts second. My premise being, those sites had nice "pull money out of the wallet" views, while being expandable and multi-use, in event the Alum Pavillion concept was successfull. Well it is but they're landlocked and seasonal. It's uncomfortably packed in there, nearly impossible to get in and out of the tents without bumping, spilling... and worse when the band comes through, and members loiter to get their food. So people come in, get food and leave instead of bring where Foundation can socialize with them.
07-24-2018 08:34 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-24-2018 07:32 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

"Can be" or "can't be?" Not sure why being reservable would be a problem? Anyhow, UT could possible use the tennis courts? One entrance, easy to police.

Biergarden: all respects to a previous suggestion on a Grand Rapids beer, I'd like to see it reserved to reasonably local taps. Also not sure how the local distributors would feel, given they are generous to the University. Certainly fair game for them to participate and let the best beers win.

When it was first posted the idea to create an Alumni Pavillion, my opinion was against the present location, with first option being Larimer or behind the South wall and tennis courts second. My premise being, those sites had nice "pull money out of the wallet" views, while being expandable and multi-use, in event the Alum Pavillion concept was successfull. Well it is but they're landlocked and seasonal. It's uncomfortably packed in there, nearly impossible to get in and out of the tents without bumping, spilling... and worse when the band comes through, and members loiter to get their food. So people come in, get food and leave instead of bring where Foundation can socialize with them.
07-24-2018 08:35 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Rocketman Interstellar ESB from Dead Frog Brewery B.C.. Even use Toledo colors.
07-24-2018 09:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.