Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Possible Grad Transfer Cornerback to UC
Bookmark and Share
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
Possible Grad Transfer Cornerback to UC
Riverside grad, cornerback Cameron Jefferies working to graduate from BG two years early

Losing out on Burrow felt like a kick to the groin. But getting this kid from BG for two years of immediate eligibility would definitely help make up for it. (Although based upon my limited understanding of the rules, it wouldn't necessarily have been and either/or situation since he will graduate/transfer after Aug. 1). It won't be easy to beat out Nebraska for him, but I'm definitely not counting out Mickens and Co.

06-12-2018 09:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Possible Grad Transfer Cornerback to UC
(06-12-2018 09:56 AM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  Riverside grad, cornerback Cameron Jefferies working to graduate from BG two years early

Losing out on Burrow felt like a kick to the groin. But getting this kid from BG for two years of immediate eligibility would definitely help make up for it. (Although based upon my limited understanding of the rules, it wouldn't necessarily have been and either/or situation since he will graduate/transfer after Aug. 1). It won't be easy to beat out Nebraska for him, but I'm definitely not counting out Mickens and Co.

I would think having Mickens (his coach for the last two years) would make it a pretty strong case...that position groups is going to be overflowing at this point.

06-12-2018 10:18 AM
marcuscan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats + UF
(06-12-2018 10:18 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(06-12-2018 09:56 AM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  Riverside grad, cornerback Cameron Jefferies working to graduate from BG two years early

I would think having Mickens (his coach for the last two years) would make it a pretty strong case...that position groups is going to be overflowing at this point.

this upcoming season is gonna be a gap year. Assuming this kid can play, he can bridge the gap and get us to the future of the position group. That'd be boss.

mc

06-12-2018 10:21 AM
Bearcat419 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Bearcats
Got em.

06-20-2018 09:31 PM
UCbball21 Offline
All American

Not Burrow, but welcome to Bearcat Nation!

06-20-2018 11:23 PM
Advertisement

Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Any info on him? Was he a full-time starter at CB for Bowling Green? I like the way this staff has recruited at DB these last 2 classes, but I agree we still need a lot of help there, especially at corner.

06-21-2018 08:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(06-21-2018 08:29 AM)Marcus Wrote:  Any info on him? Was he a full-time starter at CB for Bowling Green? I like the way this staff has recruited at DB these last 2 classes, but I agree we still need a lot of help there, especially at corner.

Apparently he had 36 tackles, broke up 6 passes and snagged an interception last year. He also picked up a fumble for a TD against Michigan State (not mentioned in the article below). Per this article, he was a take for Nebraska as of a week ago so apparently they wanted him.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebras...d-transfer

06-21-2018 08:53 AM
Nasty Nati 513 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UC
There's gotta be other grad transfer QB options out there somewhere.

06-21-2018 09:03 AM
Banter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(06-21-2018 09:03 AM)Nasty Nati 513 Wrote:  There's gotta be other grad transfer QB options out there somewhere.

It will likely be Hayden Moore leading the cats this season, but it seems there is an outside chance that Riddler gets the call.

06-21-2018 09:47 AM
Advertisement

robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

Has his commitment to Cincinnati been confirmed by a media outlet? I couldn't find it anywhere this morning. Or is this a case of him not being able to officially commit until he graduates, but he's a shoe-in?

06-21-2018 11:22 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(06-21-2018 11:22 AM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  Has his commitment to Cincinnati been confirmed by a media outlet? I couldn't find it anywhere this morning. Or is this a case of him not being able to officially commit until he graduates, but he's a shoe-in?

Are you referring to a traditional media outlet like the Enquirer or one of the local TV stations? Good luck with that, those guys are preoccupied with the Reds, Bengals and playing backyard wiffle ball in the 70s.

BCJ has reported it.

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2018 11:56 AM by CliftonAve.)
06-21-2018 11:55 AM
djtothemoney Offline
2nd String

He has to graduate in the Summer first for it to be official, as well.

06-21-2018 12:05 PM
Banter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(06-21-2018 11:55 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(06-21-2018 11:22 AM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  Has his commitment to Cincinnati been confirmed by a media outlet? I couldn't find it anywhere this morning. Or is this a case of him not being able to officially commit until he graduates, but he's a shoe-in?

Are you referring to a traditional media outlet like the Enquirer or one of the local TV stations? Good luck with that, those guys are preoccupied with the Reds, Bengals and playing backyard wiffle ball in the 70s.

BCJ has reported it.

Traditional media lost relevance with the younger generations years ago. Newspaper, or Local news is one of the last places I would check for sports information.

06-21-2018 12:55 PM
Advertisement

BearcatMan Online

(06-21-2018 12:05 PM)djtothemoney Wrote:  He has to graduate in the Summer first for it to be official, as well.

And if I'm remembering correctly THAT is reliant on him completing 27 hours of coursework this summer or something ridiculous.

06-21-2018 01:04 PM
Bearcat419 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Bearcats
I mean, he confirmed it on his Twitter account. I think that's pretty official.

Also, 21 credit hours. It's alot, but not by any means impossible.

06-21-2018 04:13 PM
geef Offline
JV Bench Warmer

I Root For: Binturongs
(06-21-2018 12:55 PM)Banter Wrote:  
(06-21-2018 11:55 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

BCJ has reported it.

Traditional media lost relevance with the younger generations years ago. Newspaper, or Local news is one of the last places I would check for sports information.

I recall an article I read on microfiche at the Cincinnati Public Library concerning this young man. He seems to be a most remarkable transfer.

06-21-2018 04:35 PM
doss2 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(06-21-2018 04:13 PM)Bearcat419 Wrote:  I mean, he confirmed it on his Twitter account. I think that's pretty official.

I only did 21 hours once. It was a bear. The worst part was the finals as there were overlaps that had to be rescheduled.

Compounded by a 25 hour a week job.

06-21-2018 05:44 PM
Advertisement

doss2 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(06-21-2018 04:13 PM)Bearcat419 Wrote:  I mean, he confirmed it on his Twitter account. I think that's pretty official.

I only did 21 hours once. It was a bear. The worst part was the finals as there were overlaps that had to be rescheduled.

06-21-2018 05:45 PM
cincy7718 Offline
2nd String

(06-21-2018 05:45 PM)doss2 Wrote:  

Agreed, the course load absolutely can, and has been done but its rough. many uc students when I was there averaged 18 hrs and occasionally stretched to 21 while also working part time. swap his football training for work hours and you have the equivalent. doing this on back to back shortened summer terms seems like the brutal part to me. Especially considering several are likely capstone courses. he seems like a smart, motivated kid so im sure he'll pull it off.

i'm looking forward to seeing him in Nippert. should plug a massive hole in our secondary!

06-27-2018 01:00 PM
BearcatMan Online

(06-27-2018 01:00 PM)cincy7718 Wrote:  
(06-21-2018 05:45 PM)doss2 Wrote:  

Agreed, the course load absolutely can, and has been done but its rough. many uc students when I was there averaged 18 hrs and occasionally stretched to 21 while also working part time. swap his football training for work hours and you have the equivalent. doing this on back to back shortened summer terms seems like the brutal part to me. Especially considering several are likely capstone courses. he seems like a smart, motivated kid so im sure he'll pull it off.

i'm looking forward to seeing him in Nippert. should plug a massive hole in our secondary!

THAT'S the thing that would make it incredibly difficult. You're doubling instructional time for a 6 week window, effectively making school an 8-5 gig while still ensuring that you're training to be up to par when you transfer AND ensure that you do well enough in each course to get that degree.

06-29-2018 02:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.