Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Yee haw fer thuh free market!
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
MyBB Yee haw fer thuh free market!
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...s-jhv94ghl

Trump administration officials are making plans to order grid operators to buy electricity from struggling coal and nuclear plants in an effort to extend their life, a move that could represent an unprecedented intervention into U.S. energy markets.

Them demoncrats is picking winners-n-losers again!

COGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGS
06-01-2018 08:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
RE: Yee haw fer thuh free market!
(06-01-2018 08:38 PM)58-56 Wrote:  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...s-jhv94ghl

Trump administration officials are making plans to order grid operators to buy electricity from struggling coal and nuclear plants in an effort to extend their life, a move that could represent an unprecedented intervention into U.S. energy markets.

Them demoncrats is picking winners-n-losers again!

COGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGS

So I guess you didn't actually read the article? So let me get you up to date on what it said....

this is a draft, nothing more and how to deal with less reliable energy plants we have moved to. While the gas is cheaper it's also easier to hack and with major storms sometimes is not enough.

So just like steel, this is a very important part to America if its ever needed.

Quote:“Federal action is necessary to stop the further premature retirements of fuel-secure generation capacity,” says a 41-page draft memo circulated before a National Security Council meeting on the subject Friday.

The plan cuts to the heart of a debate over the reliability and resiliency of a rapidly evolving U.S. electricity grid. Nuclear and coal-fired power plants are struggling to compete against cheap natural gas and renewable electricity. As nuclear and coal plants are decommissioned, regulators have been grappling with how to ensure that the nation’s power system can withstand extreme weather events and cyber-attacks.

"Trump administration officials who advocate taking action say they want to preserve nuclear and coal-fired plants that have fuel on site and provide reliable, always-on power capable of snapping back after intense storms and emergencies"

I'm all for cheaper, cleaner, power but I also think it's too early to let nuclear and coal die because it would be a lot more expensive to try and bring it back. Not to mention the time it would take. Even if you have to prop it up through the government...energy is something you have to be 100% sure on and I would rather be safe than sorry
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2018 09:45 PM by WKUYG.)
06-01-2018 09:29 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
Neither here nor there but I wouldn't mind seeing some research being put back into some of Nikola Tesla's wireless energy theories.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2018 10:37 PM by thespiritof1976.)
06-01-2018 10:37 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
(06-01-2018 10:37 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  Neither here nor there but I wouldn't mind seeing some research being put back into some of Nikola Tesla's wireless energy theories.

free energy?
06-01-2018 11:06 PM
Advertisement

thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
(06-01-2018 11:06 PM)Lush Wrote:  
(06-01-2018 10:37 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  Neither here nor there but I wouldn't mind seeing some research being put back into some of Nikola Tesla's wireless energy theories.

free energy?

Nikola Tesla. Greatest human being since Da Vinci, IMO.

06-01-2018 11:12 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Forever coal has been the base load and gas has served as a high demand option. Coal was cheaper and a higher BTU option, but the other reason is that you can turn gas plants off and on rather easily. That's not the case with coal plants. Takes a long time to fire those puppies back up.

That's always been my concern with the acceleration of gas and other sources replacing coal. While I understand and agree that coal needs to be phased out, we still have a peaking problem. If we hit a really hot, sustained summer or a really cold winter I'm not sure the capacity is there to handle it without coal. You let all these plants shut down and you're looking at rolling blackouts because your peak is now your base. You need to build excess capacity in gas plants, but who wants to build additional plants for "just in case"?
06-01-2018 11:45 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(06-01-2018 11:12 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  
free energy?

"Free" energy is not free.
06-01-2018 11:57 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(06-01-2018 11:12 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  

free energy?

I've read many many books on Nikola Tesla and agree probably one of the top 5 smartest people to ever live
06-02-2018 02:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.