Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Hill Op-Ed Issues Damning Indictment; Says It's Time For Mueller To Go
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
The Hill Op-Ed Issues Damning Indictment; Says It's Time For Mueller To Go
The #resist crowd is in a tizzy over this one this morning. Quite worrisome, I fear what they will do whenever President Trump is officially cleared (think antifa terrorism).

Must read in it's entirety, it's too much to quote. FYI: The author, Mark Penn, is a top democrat and former adviser to the clintons.

[Image: thehill-logo-big.png]

Quote:The “deep state” is in a deep state of desperation. With little time left before the Justice Department inspector general’s report becomes public, and with special counsel Robert Mueller having failed to bring down Donald Trump after a year of trying, they know a reckoning is coming.

At this point, there is little doubt that the highest echelons of the FBI and the Justice Department broke their own rules to end the Hillary Clinton “matter,” but we can expect the inspector general to document what was done or, more pointedly, not done. It is hard to see how a year-long investigation of this won’t come down hard on former FBI Director James Comey and perhaps even former Attorney General Loretta Lynch, who definitely wasn’t playing mahjong in a secret “no aides allowed” meeting with former President Clinton on a Phoenix airport tarmac.

With this report on the way and congressional investigators beginning to zero in on the lack of hard, verified evidence for starting the Trump probe, current and former intelligence and Justice Department officials are dumping everything they can think of to save their reputations.

But it is backfiring.

http://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/388...ect-us-all
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2018 12:57 PM by Kronke.)
05-21-2018 07:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
RE: The Hill Issues Damning Indictment; Says It's Time To Shut Mueller Down
An opinion piece from a writer is not the opinion of The Hill.

I have no doubt there are conservative op-ed columnists who would like to see Mueller go away.
05-21-2018 07:53 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

Please do not hijack my thread with your nonsense. It would have taken 5 seconds to find out that he's a top democrat, not a conservative. It even says so in my OP.

Quote:Mark Penn Verified account
@Mark_Penn
Pres, Stagwell Group, Past EVP Strategy @Microsoft. Past CEO of @B_M and @PSBresearch, past advisor to President Clinton and Hillary Clinton, author Microtrends

https://twitter.com/Mark_Penn

Quote:Mark J. Penn is an American former pollster, political strategist, and author. He is a former executive for Microsoft Corporation, and PR and advertising firm Burson-Marsteller. Wikipedia
Born: January 15, 1954 (age 64 years), New York City, NY
Spouse: Nancy Jacobson (m. 1999)
Political party: Democratic
Education: Columbia Law School, Harvard College, Harvard University, Columbia University, Horace Mann School
Organization founded: Penn Schoen Berland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Penn
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2018 08:00 AM by Kronke.)
05-21-2018 07:56 AM
AdoptedMonarch Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Mueller is, if nothing else, a political animal. This article hits him in his soft underbelly -- his ambitions to be seen/remembered as an honest and gallant force for good. It instead threatens him with the label of being a potential Sen. McCarthy in the making. That, I believe, more than anything else, will motivate Mr. Mueller to look for the nearest and safest exit door.

A more extensive read, but truly eye-opening, is Sheryl Attkisson's "time line": https://sharylattkisson.com/2018/05/20/c...-timeline/
05-21-2018 08:03 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: The Hill Op-Ed Issues Damning Indictment; Says It's Time To Shut Mueller Down
The Bill Clinton people remember what it was like to be on the other side. I think even Ken Starr agrees a special counsel is too broad.
05-21-2018 08:08 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

RE: The Hill Op-Ed Issues Damning Indictment; Says It's Time To Shut Mueller Down
Quote:Flush with 16 prosecutors, including a former lawyer for the Clinton Foundation, and an undisclosed budget, the Mueller investigation has been a scorched-earth effort to investigate the entirety of the Trump campaign, Trump business dealings, the entire administration and now, if it was not Russia, maybe it’s some other country.

The president’s earlier legal team was naive in believing that, when Mueller found nothing, he would just end it. Instead, the less investigators found, the more determined and expansive they became.
05-21-2018 08:11 AM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Here is a key comment from the article:

"...Rather than a fair, limited and impartial investigation, the Mueller investigation became a partisan, open-ended inquisition that, by its precedent, is a threat to all those who ever want to participate in a national campaign or an administration again...."

Why would any successful, competent, normal person want to subject themselves to this type of witchhunt? Its bad enough the slander in the press. But this puts your money and freedom on the line.
05-21-2018 08:11 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(05-21-2018 07:53 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  An opinion piece from a writer is not the opinion of The Hill.

I have no doubt there are conservative op-ed columnists who would like to see Mueller go away.

I would think someone who belongs to MENSA would have mastered the fine arts of reading and comprehension. Aren't you the least bit concerned that an active, and at least somewhat influential, democrat shares the same concerns as most conservatives when it comes to the farce that this investigation is revealing itself as? Aren't you worried that increasingly he is not alone?
05-21-2018 08:26 AM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
The paranoia of the OP will land him in the Looney bin.
05-21-2018 08:57 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

lol so good

05-21-2018 09:15 AM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
(05-21-2018 08:11 AM)bullet Wrote:  Here is a key comment from the article:

Quote:Unfortunately, just like the Doomsday Machine in “Dr. Strangelove” that was supposed to save the world but instead destroys it, the Mueller investigation comes with no “off” switch: You can’t fire Mueller. He needs to be defeated, like Ken Starr, the independent counsel who investigated President Clinton.

Kronke ...
you should edit title to reflect author's thrust ...

HERE TO STAY
05-21-2018 12:14 PM
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

RE: The Hill Op-Ed Issues Damning Indictment; Says It's Time For Mueller To Go
(05-21-2018 12:14 PM)green Wrote:  

Quote:Unfortunately, just like the Doomsday Machine in “Dr. Strangelove” that was supposed to save the world but instead destroys it, the Mueller investigation comes with no “off” switch: You can’t fire Mueller. He needs to be defeated, like Ken Starr, the independent counsel who investigated President Clinton.

Kronke ...

HERE TO STAY

Fair enough, I've changed "shut mueller down" to "time for mueller to go".
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2018 01:01 PM by Kronke.)
05-21-2018 01:00 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-21-2018 01:00 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(05-21-2018 12:14 PM)green Wrote:  

Kronke ...

HERE TO STAY

Fair enough, I've changed "shut mueller down" to "time for mueller to go".

I prefer ...
time to shut mueller up or wipe the floor with or render impotent ...
btw, love your avatar ...

COUGAR BREATHE EASY
05-21-2018 01:10 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(05-21-2018 08:11 AM)Kronke Wrote:  
Quote:Flush with 16 prosecutors, including a former lawyer for the Clinton Foundation, and an undisclosed budget, the Mueller investigation has been a scorched-earth effort to investigate the entirety of the Trump campaign, Trump business dealings, the entire administration and now, if it was not Russia, maybe it’s some other country.
The president’s earlier legal team was naive in believing that, when Mueller found nothing, he would just end it. Instead, the less investigators found, the more determined and expansive they became.

I think one of Trump's big mistakes was trusting the legal team that had apparently represented him well as a real estate developer were up to the task of dealing with Washington insiders. If I were him, I'd hire Alan Dershowitz tomorrow. The biggest waste of money in the world is paying for the second-best lawyer in the room.
05-21-2018 01:32 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(05-21-2018 01:32 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

I think one of Trump's big mistakes was trusting the legal team that had apparently represented him well as a real estate developer were up to the task of dealing with Washington insiders. If I were him, I'd hire Alan Dershowitz tomorrow. The biggest waste of money in the world is paying for the second-best lawyer in the room.

I think Dershowitz said he wouldn't represent Trump. Dersh is a classic liberal and I don't think he likes Trump but hates government corruption worse. I actually side with real liberals on many issues. The current Democrat party is full of Marxist prog filth and a shadow of its former self.

I'm glad there are a few like dersh left. No pun intended.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2018 01:40 PM by shere khan.)
05-21-2018 01:38 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(05-21-2018 01:38 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
I think Dershowitz said he wouldn't represent Trump. Dersh is a classic liberal and I don't think he likes Trump but hates government corruption worse. I actually side with real liberals on many issues. The current Democrat party is full of Marxist prog filth and a shadow of its former self.

Hadn't heard that Dershowitz said that. If he refused, there are others. The big problem is that you need one or two members of the club on your team. Trump reminds me of Al Czervik.
05-21-2018 01:44 PM
Advertisement

green Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-21-2018 01:38 PM)shere khan Wrote:  I think Dershowitz said he wouldn't represent Trump.

BREAK BREAD TOGETHER
05-21-2018 01:49 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-21-2018 01:32 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  If I were him, I'd hire Alan Dershowitz tomorrow.

PRO BONO
05-21-2018 01:56 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(05-21-2018 01:44 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(05-21-2018 01:38 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

Hadn't heard that Dershowitz said that. If he refused, there are others. The big problem is that you need one or two members of the club on your team. Trump reminds me of Al Czervik.

Out of the park. I've thought this before too. I keep expecting Trump to do a triple Lindy too. They gotta be related. Lol.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2018 02:11 PM by shere khan.)
05-21-2018 02:10 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(05-21-2018 01:49 PM)green Wrote:  
(05-21-2018 01:38 PM)shere khan Wrote:  I think Dershowitz said he wouldn't represent Trump.

BREAK BREAD TOGETHER

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/na...story.html

"Now that John Dowd is out as President Trump’s lead lawyer in special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, could former Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz be taking his place?

The answer, according to Dershowitz, is an emphatic no."

The dems have turned on him like he quit their cult.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2018 02:27 PM by shere khan.)
05-21-2018 02:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.