Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Charleston - Senior Night
Bookmark and Share
solohawks Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Game will be on Collegesportslive website, app, and Roku channel

Unfortunately I don't think Talley will get the start based off of McGrath's comments about his technical

No reason Hawks can't get the win. Trask will hopefully be packed!
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2018 09:58 PM by solohawks.)
02-15-2018 09:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

solohawks Online
Hall of Famer

RE: Charleston - Senior Night
Scratch that. Confirmed that Talley will start
02-15-2018 10:22 PM
billthebighawksfan Offline
All American

Hawks can beat anybody if they play well, no doubt. No video tonight? Jalen willl be okay, he needs to be somewhat assertive and can shoot from anywhere period. He does need to make the simple play and look to shoot when open. Ty is a monster with great speed and can shoot too. There are many options and they need to use all of them effectively. Estime is coming around and will be good too and Gary can help you as can Brown. Talley and Cacok will get theirs and Bryan is a steady hand. This is the best 9 win team in college hoops without a doubt. Talent is there to win on any given night and would be a nightmare to deal with in the tourney if they can get in the top 6. They must beat Charleston and they have a shot, but C of C will be ready and will play well. They know that going in.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2018 10:48 PM by billthebighawksfan.)
02-15-2018 10:45 PM
Seahawk2010 Offline
Special Teams

(02-15-2018 10:22 PM)solohawks Wrote:  Scratch that. Confirmed that Talley will start

That is great to hear! Despite McGrath’s rule, Talley deserves to start in front of his friends and family in his last game at Trask.
02-16-2018 09:36 AM
solohawks Online
Hall of Famer

(02-16-2018 09:36 AM)Seahawk2010 Wrote:  
(02-15-2018 10:22 PM)solohawks Wrote:  Scratch that. Confirmed that Talley will start

That is great to hear! Despite McGrath’s rule, Talley deserves to start in front of his friends and family in his last game at Trask.

Yeah Alex Riley said McGrath allowed team to vote on it so no surprise there.
02-16-2018 10:11 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-16-2018 10:11 AM)solohawks Wrote:  
(02-16-2018 09:36 AM)Seahawk2010 Wrote:  

Yeah Alex Riley said McGrath allowed team to vote on it so no surprise there.

That's a really smart way to handle it. Doesn't undermine his discipline rule, but also lets Jordan get what's earned and deserved
02-16-2018 10:56 AM
Advertisement

SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

Talley also did not start the second half last night. Maybe that kinda took care of the rule.
02-16-2018 11:03 AM
solohawks Online
Hall of Famer

https://twitter.com/Lynch5_/status/964537242839650306

Great promo video for tomorrow's game.
Get pumped
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2018 08:31 PM by solohawks.)
02-16-2018 08:30 PM
All American

That's a good promo, but I'm not sure that there's that big of a rivalry at this point. I did hate C of C when they had Kresse with his players dancing on the stands and their style of play, but that's a long time ago. It's hard for me to hate this brand of C of C ball because they are disciplined on the defensive end. Now, the players may feel differently, but as a fan, I don't. I do like beating C of C a little bit more and that may be because they've been solid for a long time and we have had the upper hand as far as NCAA appearances so I don't want to lose that edge.

As a fan, I'd rather beat ECU because that's been the rival for a long time. Their players have traditionally had trouble fitting into the academic and team setting as evidenced by their roster turnover every year. They have traditionally played street ball without any type of direction and that starts at the top and the coaches that they've had-you get what you recruit IF you don't demand better to significantly improve a young man. ECU fans/alums deserve better than that IMHO. That can all change if they decide that it matters. If that happens, I'll respect it and can live with any result. Just my opinion, but if people were honest, many would agree. It's all football and baseball and the "quick fix" for hoops with them and I don't respect that as a hoops guy that loves the game, played ball my whole life and now have coached my sons ( still coaching the younger one that's 11). He likes Talley's game, but his favorite player is Cacok. Go figure...everybody loves the dunk king!
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2018 12:30 AM by billthebighawksfan.)
02-16-2018 11:55 PM
All American

C pf C are 3 point favorites at Trask. That's a low line but one that I can see. The conference favorites with experience against an improving less experienced team that's played good at home. This could go a number of different ways but my guess is that it will be close. It may not play out that way but the Hawks have improved a bunch over the course of this season. The bench may actually favor the Hawks as they have expanded the bench and the freshmen are now more ready. Let's hope for yet another classic Trask event with the students/fans making a difference. The home court matters the most at Trask in the CAA. It's not even close.
02-17-2018 01:28 AM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
This game will be a battle. With the number of techs called this year, I won't be surprised if a tech is called in the first half.

The formula on offense that has worked all year worked against CofC in Charleston this year. Taylor led the way with 23 points, Cocok had 20 and Talley had 18. And we only lost 80-76. We were 11-23 from three and hit over 70% of our FT's. Also, outrebounded them. But, we played a much different lineup then. Brown wasn't really a factor yet, and Kalina was getting playing time. I think our rotation is much better, and Brown could make a big difference coming in at PG some to help keep down the TO's and keeping up the pace. CofC had very balanced scoring and placed five in double figures. UNCW had 15 TO's to CofC's 8.

I liked the scoring range last time in the 70's. It meant we were doing our thing on offense, and CofC wasn't shutting us down with their vaunted defense. CofC came off a tough overtime win against JMU Thursday night on the road. And they had to immediately turn around and head to Wilmington, so probably not much sleep since then. Meanwhile, UNCW was able to sit a few guys for extra rest in the Elon blowout.

Prediction.

If UNCW places four in double figures, we win. If not, we lose.
02-17-2018 06:33 AM
Advertisement

All American

They are pretty tough to beat with this group but at the same time, I thought they would have been an at large type of candidate like UNCW was last year. Hope the Hawks have a good game!
02-17-2018 10:25 AM
SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

We will miss our seniors. Talley has been a difference maker. And Marcus has been the ultimate role player this year. He's done the little things that add up and doesn't show on the State sheet without trying to do more than he is capable.
02-17-2018 10:39 AM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
(02-17-2018 10:39 AM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  We will miss our seniors. Talley has been a difference maker. And Marcus has been the ultimate role player this year. He's done the little things that add up and doesn't show on the State sheet without trying to do more than he is capable.

Marcus has absolutely been a great player for us this year. Really stepped up, filling his role. Great to see his shot develop as well!
02-17-2018 11:21 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-17-2018 10:39 AM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  We will miss our seniors. Talley has been a difference maker. And Marcus has been the ultimate role player this year. He's done the little things that add up and doesn't show on the State sheet without trying to do more than he is capable.
I absolutely give credit to the staff on developing Marcus he’s been a big contributor this year for sure
02-17-2018 06:19 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
Does anyone else NOT see the game on the ROKU channel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-17-2018 07:22 PM
Advertisement

All American

Hawks getting shots but missing them tonight early.
02-17-2018 07:24 PM
Seahawk2010 Offline
Special Teams

Our UNCW school advertisement is kinda boring.
02-17-2018 07:25 PM
Seahawk2010 Offline
Special Teams

Our half court offense has improved dramatically from earlier this year.
02-17-2018 07:28 PM
Seahawk2010 Offline
Special Teams

C of C defense is looking suspect. We are getting to the paint quite easily.
02-17-2018 07:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.