Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The final stretch, 2018To
Bookmark and Share
82hawk Offline
All American

I Root For: UN CW
The final stretch, 2018To
Two home with CofC and Elon, three away at JMU, William and Mary and Drexel.

Drexel 1 game behind us, Elon 1 game ahead, and JMU well behind. Need to beat Elon and Drexel to hold them off for the sixth spot and get the tiebreaker over both.

William and Mary and CofC well ahead of us in the standings, so no concern about tiebreakers or somehow passing them in the CAA standings. Need to steal one of those if we want to finish top 6.

So, we really need to go 3-2 to finish this out and have any chance in the CAA tournament. Beating Drexel and Elon with another win over any other team should do it.

Elon is 3-6 over their past 9 games. They finish at UNCW, Delaware and Cofc and at home against NU and JMu

Drexel is 4-2 over their past 6 games. They finish at NU and Hofstra and at home against UNCW and Delaware. They also have wins over CofC, William and Mary and NU, who are top 3 in the conference, so we don't want to get in a tiebreaker against them since we don't have wins over any of the top 3 yet.

I'm not even sure how we're in this, but we are. Need to win on the road, which we've failed at all year, is a requirement to get in 6th. place.
02-11-2018 08:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

solohawks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNCW
RE: The final stretch, 2018To
At JMU on Tuesday is a must win.

Apparently they are offering free admission. I wish I could go
02-11-2018 09:35 AM
82hawk Offline
All American

I Root For: UN CW
(02-11-2018 09:35 AM)solohawks Wrote:  At JMU on Tuesday is a must win.

Apparently they are offering free admission. I wish I could go

Certainly takes the pressure off if we can get a road W under our belt before finishing with a very tough schedule. We can then focus on Elon, which is a must win since they are a game ahead of us and a win against them puts the tiebreaker in our favor. Elon lost to JMU already, and will finish the season with them at home for their makeup game.
02-11-2018 10:10 AM
solohawks Offline
Heisman

I think our next 2 games our must win from a practical point if we want a shot at avoiding the play in
02-11-2018 01:57 PM

Gary Miller Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UNCW Seahawks
The Freshman have seemed to have taken a bit of a step forward the last couple of games. Estime is shooting with the confidence, which he has lacked up until this point. Gary has been playing tough, made some huge plays to keep us alive in the NU game. Also, Jacque has been great off the bench as well. Those guys will have to continue this play if we are to get that 6th spot.
02-12-2018 09:00 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
All American

(02-12-2018 09:00 AM)Gary Miller Wrote:  The Freshman have seemed to have taken a bit of a step forward the last couple of games. Estime is shooting with the confidence, which he has lacked up until this point. Gary has been playing tough, made some huge plays to keep us alive in the NU game. Also, Jacque has been great off the bench as well. Those guys will have to continue this play if we are to get that 6th spot.

Brown looks to be the only guy we have that can consistently beat people off the dribble and that includes Talley. His handle reminds me of the small kid at Campbell, obviously not as good of a scorer though.
02-12-2018 09:22 AM
bricksnivy Offline
1st String

(02-12-2018 09:22 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(02-12-2018 09:00 AM)Gary Miller Wrote:  The Freshman have seemed to have taken a bit of a step forward the last couple of games. Estime is shooting with the confidence, which he has lacked up until this point. Gary has been playing tough, made some huge plays to keep us alive in the NU game. Also, Jacque has been great off the bench as well. Those guys will have to continue this play if we are to get that 6th spot.

Brown looks to be the only guy we have that can consistently beat people off the dribble and that includes Talley. His handle reminds me of the small kid at Campbell, obviously not as good of a scorer though.

I can't remember which game, think it was Northeastern, but Brown was a liability on defense. They iso'd him on the right block and he couldn't guard the bigger guard. As much as I like him, I still worry about his size on defense.

That said, I didn't see Saturday night's game.
02-12-2018 09:37 AM

Seahawkhoops Offline
All American

(02-12-2018 09:37 AM)bricksnivy Wrote:  

I can't remember which game, think it was Northeastern, but Brown was a liability on defense. They iso'd him on the right block and he couldn't guard the bigger guard. As much as I like him, I still worry about his size on defense.

ALA Isiah Thomas. always going to have the possibility with a guy his size.
02-12-2018 09:41 AM
Gary Miller Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UNCW Seahawks
(02-12-2018 09:37 AM)bricksnivy Wrote:  

To be fair, several of the players have had games where they seemed to be a defensive liability.
02-12-2018 09:52 AM
bricksnivy Offline
1st String

(02-12-2018 09:52 AM)Gary Miller Wrote:  To be fair, several of the players have had games where they seemed to be a defensive liability.

Well, that is definitely true. I hadn't looked at it like that, but you're right.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2018 10:04 AM by bricksnivy.)
02-12-2018 09:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.