Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Which Conference has better Basketball? American or Big East?
AGuyIn_Water Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF
MyBB Which Conference has better Basketball? American or Big East?
Our league, American, has some real good coaches.

If I were a player, I would seriously thinking playing in American Conference with so many good players and coaches.

Plus every game is on ESPN. Who wouldn't want to come and play on TV in front of all family members.

Plus we have the best academics than a lot of conferences.

I'd go: American Conference
01-18-2018 11:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
RE: Which Conference has better Basketball? American or Big East?
I wonder what the answer is gonna be on the AAC board?
01-18-2018 11:26 PM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

I Root For: Wichita State
The Wichita State Conference of course.

T

...03-cool
01-18-2018 11:29 PM
AGuyIn_Water Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF
(01-18-2018 11:26 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  I wonder what the answer is gonna be on the AAC board?

may be there is a thing called: fact
01-18-2018 11:32 PM
ShockerFever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Wichita State
I wonder how long it'll take before the new Big East lurkers burst on to the scene.
01-18-2018 11:42 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
today: big east

higher potential: AAC

the big east has peaked.. they are squeezing every ounce of their value they have and reaching their potential. but there is no realistic scenario i see them doing better than they have the last 2 years in the future....even there tv deal, they got lucky we were negotiation why the fs1 decided to start. on any other circumstance they don't touch that amount. i don't see any way they increase in 7 years

the AAC on the other hand isnt even kinda remotely touching its potential and still putting together a decent league... 2 of our top 3 brands currently arent good and havent been for 3 years...half our teams schedules like they are aiming for the D2 tournament. we have 2 to 4 teams in the bottom 250 rpi every year...teams doing marginal recruiting in elite recruiting grounds (the florida schools).. and houston is at the brink off reviving its basketball program, like it did with its football 7 years ago..

the big east is also centralized in a small area with small private schools...the aac is spread across national, in huge school, in huge cities

just hiring 4 coaches could drastically alter the aac for the better ..uconn/memphis..and usf/ecu ..and scheduling mandate could handle the rest
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2018 12:33 AM by pesik.)
01-19-2018 12:21 AM
Advertisement

mustangxc Offline
1st String

I Root For: SMU
Temple has not performed the way it should either so really 3 teams plus Houston and a rising Tulane.
01-19-2018 01:11 AM
TU4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa
(01-19-2018 12:21 AM)pesik Wrote:  today: big east

the big east has peaked.. they are squeezing every ounce of their value they have and reaching their potential. but there is no realistic scenario i see them doing better than they have the last 2 years in the future....even there tv deal, they got lucky we were negotiation why the fs1 decided to start. on any other circumstance they don't touch that amount. i don't see any way they increase in 7 years

the AAC on the other hand isnt even kinda remotely touching its potential and still putting together a decent league... 2 of our top 3 brands currently arent good and havent been for 3 years...half our teams schedules like they are aiming for the D2 tournament. we have 2 to 4 teams in the bottom 250 rpi every year...teams doing marginal recruiting in elite recruiting grounds (the florida schools).. and houston is at the brink off reviving its basketball program, like it did with its football 7 years ago..

the big east is also centralized in a small area with small private schools...the aac is spread across national, in huge school, in huge cities

just hiring 4 coaches could drastically alter the aac for the better ..uconn/memphis..and usf/ecu ..and scheduling mandate could handle the rest

USF coach only gets 1/2 year? Memphis coach only gets 1 and 1/2 seasons? You're tough pesik.

ECU is getting a new coach. Ollie will get one more year unless Calhoun wants back. National Championship only goes so far, but it's still really really far.
01-19-2018 04:51 AM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
Big east has Villanova who has filed the void vacated by syracuse, Louisville and others when they left to become the northeast basketball power. They are a top 5 program right now. The big east has a nice group of other tournament caliber teams and competitively no dregs. Big east is a better basketball conference.
01-19-2018 07:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheBigEastSucks Offline
1st String

I Root For: NO QUARTER
(01-19-2018 07:06 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Big east has Villanova who has filed the void vacated by syracuse, Louisville and others when they left to become the northeast basketball power. They are a top 5 program right now. The big east has a nice group of other tournament caliber teams and competitively no dregs. Big east is a better basketball conference.

I would give my opinion but due to my handle it may seem as a conflict of interest.
01-19-2018 07:32 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
The Big East is without a doubt is better than the AAC this year by the metrics (eg, Massey Index, Sagarin, and RPI) I checked.
01-19-2018 08:18 AM
Advertisement

TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(01-19-2018 08:18 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  The Big East is without a doubt is better than the AAC this year by the metrics (eg, Massey Index, Sagarin, and RPI) I checked.

I figured as much without looking. Just wondering - if you drop out the two knuckle draggers ---- USF and East Carolina who probably have KPs and RPIs in the 300s -- is it close?
01-19-2018 08:23 AM
Newton card Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Ncaa
(01-19-2018 08:18 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  The Big East is without a doubt is better than the AAC this year by the metrics (eg, Massey Index, Sagarin, and RPI) I checked.

And far superior in attendance as well. AAC attendance as a whole is terrible.
01-19-2018 08:25 AM
bearcatlawjd2 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Until UConn, Memphis, and Temple get back to being annual NCAA tournament teams the American isn't going to challenge the Big East. The good is that the American this season is close to being on par or ahead of the Big Ten and PAC-12.
01-19-2018 08:39 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(01-19-2018 08:39 AM)bearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  Until UConn, Memphis, and Temple get back to being annual NCAA tournament teams the American isn't going to challenge the Big East. The good is that the American this season is close to being on par or ahead of the Big Ten and PAC-12.

Both the Big Ten and PAC 12 are ranked ahead of the AAC at the Realtime RPI standings.
01-19-2018 08:44 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
Big East...if we could get UConn and Memphis back to tournament level it could be better. I do think the big east having tiny schools will eventually get them. Ratings in general in the big east are terrible and that is with $4 million per team. Probably going to be difficult for them to get an increase.
01-19-2018 09:00 AM
Advertisement

novachap Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Villanova
(01-18-2018 11:42 PM)ShockerFever Wrote:  I wonder how long it'll take before the new Big East lurkers burst on to the scene.

Didn't want to let you down.. this thread is hysterical.

[Image: dreamworks-kid-fishing-for-clickbait.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2018 09:05 AM by novachap.)
01-19-2018 09:05 AM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(01-19-2018 08:44 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  
(01-19-2018 08:39 AM)bearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  Until UConn, Memphis, and Temple get back to being annual NCAA tournament teams the American isn't going to challenge the Big East. The good is that the American this season is close to being on par or ahead of the Big Ten and PAC-12.

Both the Big Ten and PAC 12 are ranked ahead of the AAC at the Realtime RPI standings.

Boooo citing RPI for anything.

Kenpom also has them both ahead of the AAC, but really the only difference is the AAC has the ECU/USF anchors that the other two don't have.
01-19-2018 09:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
(01-19-2018 12:21 AM)pesik Wrote:  today: big east

Do not agree with the highlighted statement. The BE is getting much more out of Seton Hall and others than they planned to. SH is ranked in the top 20 for crying out loud.

Georgetown is down, but they will return to the top 30/25 soon enough. The bottom of the BE is just much, much better than the bottom of the AAC.
01-19-2018 09:23 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Big East and it isnt close.

More programs with more history and pedigree. Better fan support, more brand power, and on and on.
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2018 09:33 AM by Bearcats#1.)
01-19-2018 09:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.