Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

To Whom Gets the Credit.....
Bookmark and Share
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
MyBB To Whom Gets the Credit.....
For the growth and development of Jeremiah Martin???? Yesterdays game was the first that I've watched since the UL game and there's a tremendous amount of confidence oooosing out of JM...Even in his dribble and the way he attacks the rim is impressive! He's REALLY making the game look easy and has tremendous confidence in his decision making ability....Just curious as to whom some think deserve the Kudos....Is it TUBBS, POOH????
01-17-2018 09:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: To Whom Gets the Credit.....
Remember when Tubby sent Martin to a basketball leadership camp in the summer? I think it started there.
01-17-2018 09:36 AM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(01-17-2018 09:31 AM)thagr82008 Wrote:  For the growth and development of Jeremiah Martin???? Yesterdays game was the first that I've watched since the UL game and there's a tremendous amount of confidence oooosing out of JM...Even in his dribble and the way he attacks the rim is impressive! He's REALLY making the game look easy and has tremendous confidence in his decision making ability....Just curious as to whom some think deserve the Kudos....Is it TUBBS, POOH????

Jeremiah Martin gets the credit. He has worked for years on his game and it is paying off. Tubby also gets credit for cultivating what Martin had inside of him and letting him use it.
01-17-2018 09:38 AM
NigelTufnel Offline
Spelling Bee Champiun

I Root For: Ribs and Beer!
I take the credit, I've been cheering for him really, really hard.
01-17-2018 09:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
(01-17-2018 09:49 AM)NigelTufnel Wrote:  I take the credit, I've been cheering for him really, really hard.

Okay "Little Boy Blue" 03-lmfao
01-17-2018 09:55 AM
MemTigers1998 Online
Hall of Famer

He's improved tremendously. This staff has to find a way to sell Tyler Harris on being the next home town PG.
01-17-2018 10:05 AM
Advertisement

innman Offline
1st String

if Harris can’t t see what is going on here shame on him
01-17-2018 10:39 AM
memtiger1987 Offline
All American

(01-17-2018 10:39 AM)innman Wrote:  if Harris can’t t see what is going on here shame on him

I’m sure he does.
01-17-2018 10:51 AM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(01-17-2018 10:51 AM)memtiger1987 Wrote:  
(01-17-2018 10:39 AM)innman Wrote:  if Harris can’t t see what is going on here shame on him

I’m sure he does.

Which could be why he hasn't committed.
01-17-2018 11:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
memtiger1987 Offline
All American

(01-17-2018 11:29 AM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  

I’m sure he does.

Honestly, who wouldn’t have a hard time committing to Memphis? Lots of negatives. This team was a complete wildcard. With two returning players, would we be 13-6 or 6-13 now? I think we’ve really overachieved most people’s estimates. It has to look better (right now) than it did when Harris visited. Not to mention the Lawson situation, the team imploding after last season, low attendance, and fan/media negativity.

As another poster commented, I take it game by game with this team. We’ve really improved our play, but will it continue? I hope so, but I think anything is possible. Recruits want to join a competitive team with a future. It appears we may be just that.

He also has to watch Martins improvement. He pretty much has a green light with Tubby. He doesn’t have the quick hook like Pastner. As a PG, he has to like what he sees. I’ve been the only one, but I’ve thought he was going to be a Tiger after Tubby turned to him. I also though Lomax would sign so I’m 0-1, so who knows.

I do know a solid finish would make Memphis a far better alternative for recruits.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2018 11:44 AM by memtiger1987.)
01-17-2018 11:42 AM
WColt45 Offline
Tigris Fanaticus

I Root For: West TN Normal
(01-17-2018 09:55 AM)thagr82008 Wrote:  
(01-17-2018 09:49 AM)NigelTufnel Wrote:  I take the credit, I've been cheering for him really, really hard.

Okay "Little Boy Blue" 03-lmfao

He needed the money?
01-17-2018 12:27 PM
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

(01-17-2018 11:42 AM)memtiger1987 Wrote:  

I’m sure he does.

Honestly, who wouldn’t have a hard time committing to Memphis? Lots of negatives. This team was a complete wildcard. With two returning players, would we be 13-6 or 6-13 now? I think we’ve really overachieved most people’s estimates. It has to look better (right now) than it did when Harris visited. Not to mention the Lawson situation, the team imploding after last season, low attendance, and fan/media negativity.

As another poster commented, I take it game by game with this team. We’ve really improved our play, but will it continue? I hope so, but I think anything is possible. Recruits want to join a competitive team with a future. It appears we may be just that.

He also has to watch Martins improvement. He pretty much has a green light with Tubby. He doesn’t have the quick hook like Pastner. As a PG, he has to like what he sees. I’ve been the only one, but I’ve thought he was going to be a Tiger after Tubby turned to him. I also though Lomax would sign so I’m 0-1, so who knows.

I do know a solid finish would make Memphis a far better alternative for recruits.

Agree on before the season being hard to commit to Memphis\Tubby...

Word on the street that Tubbys seat was getting hot...Likely still is honestly if he doesn't convince some players to sign. Who wants to sign with a team when you don't know who will be coaching you in 2 years.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2018 12:35 PM by macgar32.)
01-17-2018 12:34 PM
memtiger1987 Offline
All American

(01-17-2018 12:34 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  

I’m sure he does.

Word on the street that Tubbys seat was getting hot...Likely still is honestly if he doesn't convince some players to sign. Who wants to sign with a team when you don't know who will be coaching you in 2 years.

He’s off the hot seat, barring a complete collapse. And, yes, possible coaching changes really effect recruiting.

Look, I don’t care who coaches the team as long as they get us back to being relevant. I have to say Tubby has done an amazing job with this team. Hopefully, this will continue. Attendance will go up, negativity will fade away, and players will want to come here again.
01-17-2018 12:42 PM
EricSigEpTNBeta183 Offline
1st String

Look, it’s great that we are improving and it should be expected to improve. But the question still remains what is their ceiling? If it’s not a tournament team then why be satisfied? And to be honest I want more than just a tournament team. I just don’t see what has changed tho. We’ve won 4 against teams that if you are being honest aren’t that great, it’s what they should be doing. I mean I don’t even think the 18 win total changes. The team hasn’t really played on the road and the good teams they played they lost to. Again what’s changed with the expected end result? I want Memphis to be more than just mediocre, the last coach got run off for being mediocre but at least he could make you wonder about the next year bc of his recruits. If you’re happy w NIT teams then so be it, I’m not.
01-17-2018 12:51 PM
memtiger1987 Offline
All American

(01-17-2018 12:51 PM)EricSigEpTNBeta183 Wrote:  Look, it’s great that we are improving and it should be expected to improve. But the question still remains what is their ceiling? If it’s not a tournament team then why be satisfied? And to be honest I want more than just a tournament team. I just don’t see what has changed tho. We’ve won 4 against teams that if you are being honest aren’t that great, it’s what they should be doing. I mean I don’t even think the 18 win total changes. The team hasn’t really played on the road and the good teams they played they lost to. Again what’s changed with the expected end result? I want Memphis to be more than just mediocre, the last coach got run off for being mediocre but at least he could make you wonder about the next year bc of his recruits. If you’re happy w NIT teams then so be it, I’m not.

Geez dude, just be a Duke fan and make it easy on yourself. So you only like the team when they make the Sweet Sixteen? What’s the minimum that you won’t constantly complain?

Despite the circumstances, this team had two scholarship players at one point (3 if you count Azab). They built a team with leftover players and have really improved. None of the miserable had any “hope”. Now, it looks like if we add a couple of pieces next year, we’ll have a possible NCAA tourney team.

Typical millennial. I want it now! We haven’t been more than a low end NCAA tourney team since Cal left. We had some bad years before that. By listening to some of you, we’ve always had teams like we did under Cal.
01-17-2018 01:01 PM
TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators

No way, I went through two dozen shirts finding the right one to wear during games, this is all on me.
01-17-2018 01:08 PM
Advertisement

EricSigEpTNBeta183 Offline
1st String

(01-17-2018 01:01 PM)memtiger1987 Wrote:  
(01-17-2018 12:51 PM)EricSigEpTNBeta183 Wrote:  Look, it’s great that we are improving and it should be expected to improve. But the question still remains what is their ceiling? If it’s not a tournament team then why be satisfied? And to be honest I want more than just a tournament team. I just don’t see what has changed tho. We’ve won 4 against teams that if you are being honest aren’t that great, it’s what they should be doing. I mean I don’t even think the 18 win total changes. The team hasn’t really played on the road and the good teams they played they lost to. Again what’s changed with the expected end result? I want Memphis to be more than just mediocre, the last coach got run off for being mediocre but at least he could make you wonder about the next year bc of his recruits. If you’re happy w NIT teams then so be it, I’m not.

Geez dude, just be a Duke fan and make it easy on yourself. So you only like the team when they make the Sweet Sixteen? What’s the minimum that you won’t constantly complain?

Despite the circumstances, this team had two scholarship players at one point (3 if you count Azab). They built a team with leftover players and have really improved. None of the miserable had any “hope”. Now, it looks like if we add a couple of pieces next year, we’ll have a possible NCAA tourney team.

Typical millennial. I want it now! We haven’t been more than a low end NCAA tourney team since Cal left. We had some bad years before that. By listening to some of you, we’ve always had teams like we did under Cal.

I’m pretty sure I’m older than you . . . But hey if “a possible NCAA tourney team” is what you look forward to so be it. I went to Memphis from 04-08 maybe I’m just used to more.
01-17-2018 01:29 PM
memtiger1987 Offline
All American

(01-17-2018 01:29 PM)EricSigEpTNBeta183 Wrote:  

I’m pretty sure I’m older than you . . . But hey if “a possible NCAA tourney team” is what you look forward to so be it. I went to Memphis from 04-08 maybe I’m just used to more.

Used to more? Lol. You should be used to a heck of a lot less the past 10 years.
01-17-2018 01:35 PM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

(01-17-2018 01:35 PM)memtiger1987 Wrote:  
(01-17-2018 01:29 PM)EricSigEpTNBeta183 Wrote:  

Used to more? Lol. You should be used to a heck of a lot less the past 10 years.

I’ve got to tell you 1987, you’re wasting your time.
01-17-2018 02:13 PM
3rdgenerationtiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tigers & Bears
(01-17-2018 12:34 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  

I’m sure he does.

So, if I follow your logic, no football recruit should sign with the Tigers since they won’t know who the coach will be in two years?
01-17-2018 02:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.