Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Choosing the less gloomy perspective
Bookmark and Share
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
Choosing the less gloomy perspective
We are not doing very well. No doubt about that. However, over the last five games we are 2-5 with two of the losses on last-second shots. One win and one narrow loss were against two of the better teams in the league, one of them on the road.

My point is that even three weeks ago I would have written off all those games completely. HAD written them off, and I said so publicly. This team is getting better: that is the point. No, we are not going to have a good season and there are a lot of places where we still need to improve, but we are a MUCH better team than we were at the beginning of the year. If we can beat Arlington and go toe-to-toe with Ga Southern on the road, then we can beat any team in the league on a given night, and we were NOT at that point a while back.

Given the fact that we presumably lose only Wadly, Brady and Harley, all of whom are non-factors at this point, the future is looking better. Now Wes' job is to keep the team's attitude good.
01-14-2018 08:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
RE: Choosing the less gloomy perspective
We are playing pretty even with the better teams in the league with mainly freshman and sophomores. Gus Leaper told me yesterday that the transfer from Florida Gulf Coast is the best player on the team, in practice, and is more athletic than Andre (is that possible?). I think the future is looking brighter and Wes is building the program the right way. I'd have to evaluate other teams rosters (i.e. how many seniors are major contributors), but we may go into next season as one of the favorites if we can eke out some wins and stay competitive the rest of this season. The 2 graduate transfers were a low risk, high reward move. Not getting much reward, although who knows- maybe having 6'11" Wadley in practice may be helping Oliver and Chris improve.
01-14-2018 03:11 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

The kid from FGCU is definitely the best talent on campus. 3 star, #46 SF. A long list of offers, including Va Tech, Boston College, Clemson and Auburn. His problem will be from the neck up.
01-14-2018 04:51 PM
Advertisement

MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

Kris Bankston is shooting 61.8%. Averaging 3.8 rpg in only 12.1 minutes per game. Tied for the team lead in blocks. This is a true freshman.
Cameron Corcoran leads the team at 43.9% from the arc. True freshman.

These two kids are potential stars.
01-14-2018 05:44 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(01-14-2018 04:51 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  The kid from FGCU is definitely the best talent on campus. 3 star, #46 SF. A long list of offers, including Va Tech, Boston College, Clemson and Auburn. His problem will be from the neck up.

Could be argued that the 2 best players on the team, Burns and the kid from FGCU, are not playing this season. Realistically, middle of he pack would be a major achievement this season- but the future does look bright.
01-15-2018 10:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.