Snoozy's Bookstore

Countdown To Kickoff:
Season Tickets

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Alabama's comeback win was one for the ages, but all is not well with college FB
Bookmark and Share
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Exclamation Alabama's comeback win was one for the ages, but all is not well with college FB
01-09-2018 02:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
RE: Alabama's comeback win was one for the ages, but all is not well with college FB
This FBNC game reminded me of the Russian Chess Champion who when asked if he had ever played a perfect game replied that there is no such thing as a perfect game. Chess games are won by the player (in this case-team) who makes the next to the last mistake.
01-09-2018 05:53 PM
panama Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Georgia STATE
Alabama's comeback win was one for the ages, but all is not well with college FB
Amazing how people keep glossing over UCF's SOS ranked in the 70s.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
01-09-2018 06:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

I Root For: C-USA/UAB
BlazerTalk Award
RE: Alabama's comeback win was one for the ages, but all is not well with college FB
(01-09-2018 06:05 PM)panama Wrote:  Amazing how people keep glossing over UCF's SOS ranked in the 70s.

SOS is bull****.
01-09-2018 06:33 PM

the_blazerman Offline
Revert to group default

UCF can't control their total SOS. As far as I could tell they beat a team that beat both Georgia & Alabama.

Head to head competition of same opponents. Weird to take that into consideration.
01-09-2018 06:51 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
(01-09-2018 06:05 PM)panama Wrote:  Amazing how people keep glossing over UCF's SOS ranked in the 70s.

You mean 12th, right ?

http://warrennolan.com/football/2017/sos
01-09-2018 06:52 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Heisman

Survivor Runner-up
Sos is so damn subjective. There are so many different ratings.
01-09-2018 07:21 PM

the_blazerman Offline
Revert to group default

Which can be thrown away if the playoffs just took conference champions regardless of OOC games, SOS, etc.
01-09-2018 08:18 PM
iam4uab Offline
All American

That's the problem when you don't have a real path to the championship for anyone.

The way it works for anyone not in the P5, dare I say P3, conferences.

1. You must play in the correct conference
2. You must determine 4 or 5 years in advance which teams will be the ones to boost SOS
3. If you can schedule said teams, you then must beat the brakes off of them at their place...and you better schedule more than one.
4. If you aren't in the correct conference, you then had better run up the score on all of your conference foes.

Then, and only then, will a committee CONSIDER giving you a spot. You will never be allowed to play your way in...the committee is in place, just in case you somehow manage to meet all the above criteria.

5. When you don't make the cut, everyone will then tell you to get in another conference if you want a shot...as if teams can just decide to join a major conference.
6. Get a token New Year bowl game and beat the crap out of the team that beat the crap out of the teams they let in the "championship" tournament.
7. Kiss your coach goodbye because the system is designed to make you a farm system for the aforementioned preferred conferences.
8. Spend the next 10-20 years trying to find the next guy that can boost you up just enough to peek over the fence and watch the big boys play.

I'm just about done with it altogether. Outside of the Blazers, I can probably count on one hand the number of college football games I've watched in their entirety since 2014. And Saturday used to be a clear the calendar day where I'd watch from Gameday to the West Coast games.
01-09-2018 09:42 PM
panama Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(01-09-2018 06:33 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  

SOS is bull****.
So I will just schedule crap teams and go 13-0 and collect a trophy.

No...they got it right last night and UCF could not have beat either team that played last night.

And please don't tell me about Auburn, because with that logic the NE Patriots should have been crowned Super Bowl champs BEFORE the Super Bowl since they beat Miami who beat Chicago.

01-09-2018 10:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.