Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

X Fan...I Come In Peace...Just Wanting To Pose A Question To The UC Faithful
Bookmark and Share
wudman Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
X Fan...I Come In Peace...Just Wanting To Pose A Question To The UC Faithful
Haven't been here in a while...congrats on a hard fought, albeit ugly road win last night. Road conference wins are tough and you take them however you can get them. I was just thinking about this the other day and thought it would be interesting to get some UC fans' perspective on this question. I'm not trolling or trying to start any arguments. I likely won't even respond...I'm just genuinely curious to get the pulse of UC fans when posing this question.

I think probably 100% of X fans would prefer to have Mack over Cronin as X's head coach. That led me to wonder what UC fans think. Would 100% of UC fans prefer Cronin as their coach over Mack? I know it's likely impossible to take the vitriol of the rivalry out of the equation...and that's completely understandable. Most UC fans wouldn't prefer Mack over Cronin on principle. But I'm wondering if some UC fans would prefer Mack over Cronin as UC's head coach.

Again...this has nothing to do with the shootout or the rivalry...I'm genuinely intrigued as to posters' thoughts on this hypothetical. You can trash Mack, X and me all you want in your responses...but there are no ulterior motives to my question...just genuine curiosity. Good luck against SMU on Sunday.

01-05-2018 09:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EffinBJ Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: cincinnati
RE: X Fan...I Come In Peace...Just Wanting To Pose A Question To The UC Faithful
hey, so I'll never say anything to either of them, and I know it's a sensitive question, but....will you admit that my wife is hotter than yours? /s

No. we're not playing this game with you. Stop it.

And if we were, I'd tell you that of course mine is hotter.

......Because X girls are ugly.

01-05-2018 09:56 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
RE: X Fan...I Come In Peace...Just Wanting To Pose A Question To The UC Faithful
The Brawl. Mick vs. Mack on how it was handled publicly and privately. Nuff said. Next question.

01-05-2018 10:08 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
I believe the jury is still out on both of Mick and Mack...
…unless they are both retiring at the end of this season

neither has a NC. neither has a FF...
and both will likely coach for another 20+ years...

this topic should be revisited in 2038.

01-05-2018 10:09 PM
TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

I Root For: Bearcats, tubas
I would prefer Mack's recruiting and coaching, but with Mick's ability to not be a total sleazeball.

However, X fans were relieved when Mick decided to stay at Cincinnati a couple years ago... I think that says a lot about the coaching situations.

01-05-2018 10:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
Mack is the better coach but a dirtbag as proven by his brawl handling.

Mick is the better person.

In the final analysis being a good person Trumps being a good coach

01-05-2018 10:31 PM
Advertisement

wudman Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
(01-05-2018 09:56 PM)EffinBJ Wrote:  hey, so I'll never say anything to either of them, and I know it's a sensitive question, but....will you admit that my wife is hotter than yours? /s

Fair enough... didn't mean it as a game. Meant it out of genuine curiosity. I don't know many die hard UC fans. Thought this would be the best place to get some input into my deep thoughts. Hehe.

01-05-2018 10:32 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
I think Mack is a better recruiter, although he has had a better arena (up til next year) and is also in a better conference now, so that has helped him.
I like how Mack recruits for and coaches offense vs Mick.

Having said that, Mack comes across as a bit of a dirtball and someone who would 'do anything' to win. Mick seems much more of a class act to me.

I also thought Mick's handling of the brawl was first class and Mack came across like a punk coach who had thugs for players.

That's my take.

01-05-2018 10:35 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(01-05-2018 10:32 PM)wudman Wrote:  
(01-05-2018 09:56 PM)EffinBJ Wrote:  hey, so I'll never say anything to either of them, and I know it's a sensitive question, but....will you admit that my wife is hotter than yours? /s

Fair enough... didn't mean it as a game. Meant it out of genuine curiosity. I don't know many die hard UC fans. Thought this would be the best place to get some input into my deep thoughts. Hehe.

Mack would be perfect at UL.

01-05-2018 11:16 PM
@ES Trader Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
(01-05-2018 11:16 PM)doss2 Wrote:  
(01-05-2018 10:32 PM)wudman Wrote:  

Mack would be perfect at UL.
2 problems. Mack isn’t good enough and is too dirty even for Louisville. Zipem up.

01-05-2018 11:35 PM
DownOnRohs Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
Mack's university cares more about basketball than Mick's university does. The University of Cincinnati is sooooo much more than just a basketball team. Xavier, not so much.

So it's kinda hard to compare the two coaches accomplishments if we're being fair. That being said, I could get behind Mack... but honestly I don't know if Mack could do any better than Mick has at UC.

That also being said, go **** yourself buddy. Hope to never see you around here again.

Edit: Go **** yourself again.

Edit (again): Removed the really vulgar stuff.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2018 12:23 AM by DownOnRohs.)
01-06-2018 12:19 AM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(01-06-2018 12:19 AM)DownOnRohs Wrote:  Mack's university cares more about basketball than Mick's university does. The University of Cincinnati is sooooo much more than just a basketball team. Xavier, not so much.

So it's kinda hard to compare the two coaches accomplishments if we're being fair. That being said, I could get behind Mack... but honestly I don't know if Mack could do any better than Mick has at UC.

That also being said, go **** yourself buddy. Hope to never see you around here again.

Edit: Go **** yourself again.

Edit (again): Removed the really vulgar stuff.
Really dude?

And yes, I'm with the other posts. I live in Dayton and the OSU fans and Dayton fans (not surprisingly) have a real poor view of Mack and Xavier in general. There have been so many issues with other schools during his tenure that most think he is a win at all costs coach with zero morals. Every year a new school seems to get that view (Wisconsin this year) that some day I suspect the Xavier administration will actively work to clean that perception up.

01-06-2018 01:29 AM
DownOnRohs Offline
Heisman

Really. Don’t come in here saying “100% of our fans think our coach is better than your coach, what do you guys have to say?” And expect me to say anything other than get the hell outta here dude.

What I meant was I could get behind a guy like Mack if he was running our program but I’ll ride and die with our angry little elf Mick before wishing Chris Mack was our head coach. I love my boys.

01-06-2018 01:43 AM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
A lot of mixed thoughts. Of course I like Mick more the person than Mack. But ultimately that only does so much for me, I like a lot of people. Mick's a solid, above average Basketball coach, he has not reached Huggins level when he was here, but still good in his on right.

I have to say, the level of pius self righteousness around here reminds me of Xavier fans when BH was here.

The bottom line is that Mack is rolling out final 4/NT caliber teams nearly every year, and Mick is not. When you're watching a game, drinking beer, and eating wings with a bunch of people, is anybody cheering for character? Not me!

With that said, this is extremely hypothetical. Both coaches would never coach for either team and probably wouldn't be a good fit even if they did. Mick is our guy for now, and a UC guy. So I'm going to get behind him.

01-06-2018 05:15 AM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Agree Jarr... bottom line is, Mick's a UC guy. Even though Mack has clearly gotten the better of him (to our chagrin), I'll take the body of work Mick has produced. He's in very select company with his streak of making the tournament, and that is no small achievement.

Good point by #1 also. Let's see how things will work out with Mick and the revamped 5/3. We're still in a worse basketball conference, but it's worlds better than it was last year, so even that gap has begun to close.

01-06-2018 06:39 AM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats

^^^^
This.

01-06-2018 07:52 AM
Advertisement

Not Duane Offline
Special Teams

Mick to the end. No matter what the results.

Nancy chose well.

01-06-2018 08:15 AM
BearcatsUC Offline
Heisman

Mack is a slime ball. X has sold its soul with him and their dirty program.

01-06-2018 08:16 AM
wudman Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Thanks for the input. Some interesting takes. Again, good luck tomorrow. [/i]

01-06-2018 08:50 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
if mick didn't whine as much i'd like him more. even still, i'd take mack in a heartbeat

01-06-2018 08:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.