Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sun Belt Stock watch 2017
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Sun Belt Stock watch 2017
We're doing this on our board, thought about bringing it over here

There are 10 Sun Belt football programs. You have the option to buy, sell, or hold on each program. What would you do?

For Me:

Buy: Troy, Georgia State, ULM

Hold: App, AState, USA, ULL, GS

Sell: TXST, CCU
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2017 12:57 PM by chiefsfan.)
12-27-2017 12:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
RE: Sun Belt Stock watch 2017
Buy... Troy, App, GSU

Hold... stAte, ULM, USA, ULL

Sell... Texas state, CCU, GS,
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2017 01:18 PM by Atlanta Trojan.)
12-27-2017 01:17 PM
asucrutch23 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
(12-27-2017 12:56 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  We're doing this on our board, thought about bringing it over here

There are 10 Sun Belt football programs. You have the option to buy, sell, or hold on each program. What would you do?

For Me:

Buy: Troy, Georgia State, ULM

Hold: App, AState, USA, ULL, GS

Sell: TXST, CCU

I'll buy the dirt cheap TXST and CCU stock you're selling and sell you my sky high Troy stock I bought 2 years ago when it was in the bargain bin.
12-27-2017 01:21 PM
asucrutch23 Offline
Special Teams

Do you guys understand how stocks work? Sell Georgia Southern right now?? You may not even cover the commission on that transaction.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2017 01:23 PM by asucrutch23.)
12-27-2017 01:22 PM

TrueBlueDrew Online
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
Buy...ULL, USA, GS, GAST

Smart coaching changes bring new energy to the first 3 teams which are all talented and can succeed with the right coach while Georgia State will only get better from here.

Hold...StAte, CCU, TXST, ULM

Ark State has a lot of talent returning and ULM has a killer offense. TXST and CCU are figuring it out. If you have their stock you shouldn’t sell, and if you don’t have their stock it might be a good idea to wait before you buy.

Sell...App, Troy

Losing a lot. App is losing several key players and coaches. Troy is better off than App but I’m unsure if either will perform like they did this season. That’s why I would sell while the value is at its highest.
12-27-2017 01:38 PM
asucrutch23 Offline
Special Teams

Strong Buy: ULM, Georgia Southern

Buy: Texas State, Coastal, South Alabama

Hold: Georgia State, App State

Decrease but keep some (sell if Brown leaves): Troy

Sell: Arkansas State, Louisiana
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2017 01:42 PM by asucrutch23.)
12-27-2017 01:38 PM
USAJag2011 Online
1st String

I Root For: South Alabama
Buy... ULM, GSU, USA, TxSt, CCU, GS, ULL

Hold... stAte

Sell... Troy and App
12-27-2017 01:39 PM

Crump1 Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
You buy Troy, Arkansas State and App State. All three are putting a lot of money into facilities, have shown they can win the conference and are in fertile enough recruiting areas with solid community support. Not to toot our own horn but if you are not buying a program that won at least a share of 5 of the last 7 titles and has Terry Mohajir pouring money into facilities... well, you should not be playing the market.

I am a hold on Ga. State, ULM and USA. All three need to address some infrastructure issues and I am still not convinced that Ga. State will maintain recruiting or build enough support in Atlanta but maybe they can. ULM will always recruit well enough to be fair due to location but the money just isn't there unless they strike gold with a coach. Maybe Viator is that guy. I am a hold on ULL but for different reasons. They have the recruiting base and community support and $ but Hudspeth seems to have burned the program down. The right hire will bring them back.

Texas State is a mystery to me. Great college town in one of the best recruiting states and a really nice stadium. The ingredients seem to be there. Ga. Southern has the right location and a lot of community support but probably needs a real breakout season to get the $ pump primed. The Eagles might have an identity issue as well with the history of their offense. CCU is just too young to say. The non-revenue sports seem to be much further along than football but given time you would think they can build a competitive football program as well.
12-27-2017 01:44 PM
panama Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(12-27-2017 01:44 PM)Crump1 Wrote:  You buy Troy, Arkansas State and App State. All three are putting a lot of money into facilities, have shown they can win the conference and are in fertile enough recruiting areas with solid community support. Not to toot our own horn but if you are not buying a program that won at least a share of 5 of the last 7 titles and has Terry Mohajir pouring money into facilities... well, you should not be playing the market.

I am a hold on Ga. State, ULM and USA. All three need to address some infrastructure issues and I am still not convinced that Ga. State will maintain recruiting or build enough support in Atlanta but maybe they can. ULM will always recruit well enough to be fair due to location but the money just isn't there unless they strike gold with a coach. Maybe Viator is that guy. I am a hold on ULL but for different reasons. They have the recruiting base and community support and $ but Hudspeth seems to have burned the program down. The right hire will bring them back.

Texas State is a mystery to me. Great college town in one of the best recruiting states and a really nice stadium. The ingredients seem to be there. Ga. Southern has the right location and a lot of community support but probably needs a real breakout season to get the $ pump primed. The Eagles might have an identity issue as well with the history of their offense. CCU is just too young to say. The non-revenue sports seem to be much further along than football but given time you would think they can build a competitive football program as well.

Five phase stadium, Olympic sports and Convocation Center project?
12-27-2017 02:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NashvilleEagle Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Ga. Southern
(12-27-2017 01:22 PM)asucrutch23 Wrote:  Do you guys understand how stocks work? Sell Georgia Southern right now?? You may not even cover the commission on that transaction.

right. i hope none of these people are in the money management business. the buy high, sell low model has never been very successful. I'm buying GS because they have no where to go but up and their high water mark is very high.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2017 02:18 PM by NashvilleEagle.)
12-27-2017 02:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.