Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Troy's OC to USA?
Bookmark and Share
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Troy's OC to USA?
The Football Scoop reporting Troy's Kenny Edenfield may be joining Steve Campbell's staff at South Alabama as offensive coordinator.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017 08:42 PM by JoeJag.)
12-13-2017 08:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
RE: Troy's OC to USA?
He is our Co-OC and doesn’t call the plays. He was our OC during our down years with Blakeney and Brown kept him on a Co-OC with Matt Moore... I suspect Matt Moore will become sole OC.

According to USA Today

Matt Moore was getting paid 180k a year
Kenny Edenfield was getting 150k a year

Vic Koenning gets 270k a year... that’s the one we need to hold onto
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017 09:04 PM by Atlanta Trojan.)
12-13-2017 08:40 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Edenfield is as much Troy's OC as Buster Faulkner is AState's OC.

It's a snazzy title, but probably doesn't mean much else.
12-13-2017 09:08 PM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
He and Campbell are pals. There’s a good chance he goes there.
12-13-2017 09:12 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(12-13-2017 09:08 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Edenfield is as much Troy's OC as Buster Faulkner is AState's OC.

I was going to make the same reference. If were honest, the relationship is very much John Watson & Sherlock Holmes.

Looks like Holmes might be needing a new assistant.
12-13-2017 11:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(12-13-2017 11:26 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(12-13-2017 09:08 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Edenfield is as much Troy's OC as Buster Faulkner is AState's OC.

I was going to make the same reference. If were honest, the relationship is very much John Watson & Sherlock Holmes.

Looks like Holmes might be needing a new assistant.

Every program has a guy like Edenfield. The good guy who is a hold over from a previous staff. He may not be the greatest coach in the world, but he's loyal. He knows your players, and knows the school.

A lot of these get coordinator or Co Coordinator titles because of state laws requiring that a pay raise means more responsibilities. They may not be great coaches, but they are nice guys, and that's important in college recruiting.

Hell, Georgia Southern just hired one of those type guys as their head football coach.
12-14-2017 03:50 AM
Advertisement

CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

Edenfield is a great guy and the players like him.

His 2010 and 2013 offenses were tremendous at Troy.

The only thing is, I never quite liked his play-calling in some situations while he was the primary OC under Blakeney. It could be predictable a lot of times. I also didn't like how conservative his play-calling would get if you had a backup QB in or an inexperienced QB starting out the season. His last year as OC (2014), Brandon Silvers was starting as a freshman. Edenfield's play-calling became very conservative, screen heavy, and predicatble that year. The redzone playing-calling also wasn't very good sometimes.

He's an OC that can definitely make you generate some yards, but his scoring offense was only really good during two of the five seasons he was OC.

Here's his offensive rankings while OC at Troy:

Total Offense: #17
Passing Offense: #11
Rushing Offense: #56
Scoring Offense: #20

Total Offense: #65
Passing Offense: #17
Rushing Offense: #117
Scoring Offense: #94

Total Offense: #11
Passing Offense: #8
Rushing Offense: #56
Scoring Offense: #52

Total Offense: #27
Passing Offense: #13
Rushing Offense: #90
Scoring Offense: #31

Total Offense: #100
Passing Offense: #91
Rushing Offense: #58
Scoring Offense: #105

Maybe his mindset/offensive philosophy has changed some since Neal Brown has come in? If so, Edenfield could be a steal of an OC that could light up the Sun Belt like you've never seen. Corey Robinson, who was QB at Troy during Edenfield's OC tenure, wound up passing for 13,477 yards in his career, breaking the Sun Belt career passing record, passing TD's record (81), and is up there with names like Phillip Rivers, Colt Brennan, and Baker Mayfield for most career passing yards in FBS history.
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2017 12:06 PM by CardinalBlackTrojan.)
12-14-2017 12:00 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Troy Co OC Kenny Edenfield is officially at south now

He said he, Steve Campbell and the DC who were all 3 on the Troy football team in 1987 had joked about coaching together so long it was too good of a opportunity to pass up...

Also he WILL BE calling his own plays at south. Unlike at Troy when he was always in the press box making calls from above but NB made the official calls. He said it would be good making the calls again

Souths HC, DC and OC are all Troy guys 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2017 10:27 AM by Atlanta Trojan.)
12-19-2017 10:25 AM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I believe Kenny Edenfield was OC under Hudspeth at North Alabama. He was very, very good there.
12-19-2017 10:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

(12-19-2017 10:25 AM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  Troy Co OC Kenny Edenfield is officially at south now

He said he, Steve Campbell and the DC who were all 3 on the Troy football team in 1987 had joked about coaching together so long it was too good of a opportunity to pass up...

Also he WILL BE calling his own plays at south. Unlike at Troy when he was always in the press box making calls from above but NB made the official calls. He said it would be good making the calls again

That is pretty funny. All three of those guys were on Troy's national championship team in the 80's.

It's nice to Troy going undercover in order to sabotage South Alabama.
12-19-2017 10:53 AM
USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

(12-19-2017 10:25 AM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  Troy Co OC Kenny Edenfield is officially at south now

I think it's a good move for everyone involved. Troy fans don't seem to like/appreciate him, he gets to coach with some good friends, we get another offensive tool to help our team. It's a win for everyone.

He will call the plays at South, but it will be Steve Campbell's offense. Hopefully the 2 of them combined will get our offense where it needs to be.

The Troy connections are certainly weird and not ideal, but if they win, no one at USA will care.
12-19-2017 11:14 AM
Advertisement

AirRaidTrojan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Troy
12/19/2018: South fan's irate at Edenfield's vanilla offense. Mark it down.
12-19-2017 11:27 AM
USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

(12-19-2017 11:27 AM)AirRaidTrojan Wrote:  12/19/2018: South fan's irate at Edenfield's vanilla offense. Mark it down.

After what we've watched the last 3 years, anything he does will be better. Plus, he will call the plays, but Steve Campbell will run the offense.
12-19-2017 11:29 AM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(12-19-2017 11:27 AM)AirRaidTrojan Wrote:  12/19/2018: South fan's irate at Edenfield's vanilla offense. Mark it down.

03-shhhh
12-19-2017 11:29 AM

(12-19-2017 11:14 AM)USAJag2011 Wrote:  I think it's a good move for everyone involved. Troy fans don't seem to like/appreciate him, he gets to coach with some good friends, we get another offensive tool to help our team. It's a win for everyone.

He will call the plays at South, but it will be Steve Campbell's offense. Hopefully the 2 of them combined will get our offense where it needs to be.

The Troy connections are certainly weird and not ideal, but if they win, no one at USA will care.

I wouldn't say Troy fans don't like/appreciate him. He's well-liked. Troy fans were just ready to move on to a new playcaller.

I think Edenfield is going to do really well at USA. He will, without a doubt, make USA's offense much, much better.
12-19-2017 11:45 AM
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(12-19-2017 10:53 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  

That is pretty funny. All three of those guys were on Troy's national championship team in the 80's.

So when Troy goes to South and comes out with an "L" next year, you guys can honestly say "We beat ourselves tonight!" 03-lmfao
12-19-2017 02:14 PM
Advertisement

(12-19-2017 02:14 PM)airtroop Wrote:  

So when Troy goes to South and comes out with an "L" next year, you guys can honestly say "We beat ourselves tonight!" 03-lmfao

Vic Koenning will drop Edenfield's offense like a turd into water.
12-19-2017 02:22 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Brown will have this game listed as a revenge

LSU, stAte, App state were all revenge games

Not too worried about it. And we know home field doesn’t matter in this game
12-19-2017 02:22 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

(12-19-2017 02:22 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  

Of that I have no doubt. Vic Koenning know KE's offense inside and out.
12-19-2017 02:23 PM
USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

(12-19-2017 02:23 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(12-19-2017 02:22 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  

Of that I have no doubt. Vic Koenning know KE's offense inside and out.

I thought KE didn't have an offense? He just sat in the press box and read the newspaper while NB made all offensive decisions. That's what we've been reading from most Troy fans on here so far right........

And it will not be his offense at South either, BTW.
12-19-2017 02:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.