Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Xavier, UK, and OSU fans at UC games
Bookmark and Share
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
Xavier, UK, and OSU fans at UC games
I've been noticing a lot of UK, Xavier, and OSU dorks lurking around BBT this year at our games. What is the deal with that? I've seen other fans at games before, but at BBT it has been more than normal. Why do they go to our games and then put on their stupid team shirts to go to the games, I would understand if it was NKU.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017 10:37 PM by jarr.)
12-12-2017 10:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gerhard911 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats!
RE: Xavier, UK, and OSU fans at UC games
(12-12-2017 10:36 PM)jarr Wrote:  I've been noticing a lot of UK, Xavier, and OSU dorks lurking around BBT this year at our games. What is the deal with that? I've seen other fans at games before, but at BBT it has been more than normal. Why do they go to our games and then put on their stupid team shirts to go to the games, I would understand if it was NKU.

I have been to every game save one and cannot say I have seen what you describe. tO$U gear at UC FB games? Absolutely. tO$U, eggs & UK at BB games? Not really.

12-13-2017 01:12 AM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
(12-13-2017 01:12 AM)gerhard911 Wrote:  
(12-12-2017 10:36 PM)jarr Wrote:  I've been noticing a lot of UK, Xavier, and OSU dorks lurking around BBT this year at our games. What is the deal with that? I've seen other fans at games before, but at BBT it has been more than normal. Why do they go to our games and then put on their stupid team shirts to go to the games, I would understand if it was NKU.

I have been to every game save one and cannot say I have seen what you describe. tO$U gear at UC FB games? Absolutely. tO$U, eggs & UK at BB games? Not really.

You are correct that football games are a lot worse with Suckeye gear. X not as much at the hoops game, but I did see one X dude. Mostly UK and OSU. Oh well, I don't even know why I care. If they want to spend money on our team, more power to them.

12-13-2017 05:17 AM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
I saw a photo someone posted on Sunday of some guy at the Bengals games sporting a Manziel Browns jersey. I think some people just slap on whatever random gear they have to go to a game without much thought.

12-13-2017 07:31 AM
Advertisement

BearcatnKY Offline
Bearcat Baller

I Root For: UC luck, ONCE.
Guy sitting next to me last night had on a X cap. Think he was quietly rooting for MSst too.

12-13-2017 07:40 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
UK gear @ NKU wouldn't surprise me. I think there are college basketball fans in Northern KY who were excited to see big time college basketball on their side of the river and will attend selected games, especially with an SEC team in the house.

As to the OSU gear @ UC football, I agree, we'll take their ticket/parking/concession money and ignore the dreadful gray and scarlet attire. Perhaps some are following Fickell as he coaches "little brother" as some condescending Buckeye fans have told me.

12-13-2017 08:01 AM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
Surely people realize that most fans are not anywhere near as diehard as those that take the time to post on a message board right? He’ll everyone else in my family watches a whole lot of sports and they all root for UC first but also root for X and osu because they’re “local”. Though they do all root against UK. uK fans will have that affect on people I suppose.

12-13-2017 08:10 AM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(12-13-2017 08:01 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  UK gear @ NKU wouldn't surprise me. I think there are college basketball fans in Northern KY who were excited to see big time college basketball on their side of the river and will attend selected games, especially with an SEC team in the house.

As to the OSU gear @ UC football, I agree, we'll take their ticket/parking/concession money and ignore the dreadful gray and scarlet attire. Perhaps some are following Fickell as he coaches "little brother" as some condescending Buckeye fans have told me.

I would imagine there are a bunch of people going to the games who normally would not. As we all know living here, there are people on the KY side of the river who avoid crossing the bridge if they have to (and in fairness, there are people on the Ohio side of the river who do the same).

I know quite a few OSU football/KY basketball fans who live in NKY (including two co-workers of mine, one a UK grad and the other who went to Thomas More).

12-13-2017 08:52 AM
Bearcat 1985 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
If they're actual osu alumni rooting for UC, I really don't have a problem with it. Thanks for the cash. Unfortunately, I think the majority probably come from osu's teeming mass of unwashed t-shirt alumni and are just obsessed with constantly touting some "relationship" with a school they never attended.

12-13-2017 11:17 AM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(12-13-2017 08:10 AM)BeerCat Wrote:  Surely people realize that most fans are not anywhere near as diehard as those that take the time to post on a message board right? He’ll everyone else in my family watches a whole lot of sports and they all root for UC first but also root for X and osu because they’re “local”. Though they do all root against UK. uK fans will have that affect on people I suppose.

I will root for X and OSU because Cincinnati high schoolers play on their teams. But no one else in my family will.

I refuse to root for Kentucky though.

12-13-2017 06:41 PM
Advertisement

natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
Graduated from Ohio State myself and went to the game yesterday with a non UC graduate and huge UK fan. Both were wearing UC gear.

12-13-2017 07:34 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
people make much ado about nothing

12-13-2017 07:45 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
We sat next to two UK fans at the game last night. They live close to NKU and decided they wanted to see a UC game since it was close to their house. They were dressed neutral though. We only knew they were UK fans because we talked to them.

12-13-2017 08:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.