Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nebraska officially hires Scott Frost
Bookmark and Share
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
Nebraska officially hires Scott Frost
Frost to his alma mater

Great hire for NU. The question is can they rebound and become a strong program again.
12-02-2017 06:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
RE: Nebraska officially hires Scott Frost
That's a solid hire for Nebraska.
12-02-2017 06:57 PM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
He's a Nebraska native and played there. He has real ties to the program. I would still rather be rich and living in Orlando though.03-lmfao
12-02-2017 10:34 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
He's a good hire, but it isn't going to solve their problems. I think he will be an 8-4 to 6-6 coach there. He'll put them back to where they started in the Big 10, but the program faces too many recruiting issues to be among the Big 10's elite.
12-02-2017 10:37 PM
Advertisement

TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland & Elon
(12-02-2017 10:37 PM)JRsec Wrote:  He's a good hire, but it isn't going to solve their problems. I think he will be an 8-4 to 6-6 coach there. He'll put them back to where they started in the Big 10, but the program faces too many recruiting issues to be among the Big 10's elite.

So it's going to be Bo Pelini again? As for the recruiting, you may be right. He has some connections in Florida right now but we'll see if they dry up or if he can make some new ones other places. That will partially depend on who he has on his staff and it sounds like he's bringing a few of the current UCF people. It'll also depend on the transition from the current players to "his" players (something EVERY coach deals with). If the athletes see he can bring his fun offense from UCF to Nebraska and make it work, life will be a bit easier. If not, Nebraska will continue to be a program with a ton of history and tradition but middle of the road for the current and short term future...which is quickly becoming their long term future.
12-03-2017 08:28 AM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
(12-02-2017 10:37 PM)JRsec Wrote:  He's a good hire, but it isn't going to solve their problems. I think he will be an 8-4 to 6-6 coach there. He'll put them back to where they started in the Big 10, but the program faces too many recruiting issues to be among the Big 10's elite.

I hope that's true. Screw Nebraska.
12-03-2017 08:40 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(12-03-2017 08:28 AM)TerpsNPhoenix Wrote:  

So it's going to be Bo Pelini again? As for the recruiting, you may be right. He has some connections in Florida right now but we'll see if they dry up or if he can make some new ones other places. That will partially depend on who he has on his staff and it sounds like he's bringing a few of the current UCF people. It'll also depend on the transition from the current players to "his" players (something EVERY coach deals with). If the athletes see he can bring his fun offense from UCF to Nebraska and make it work, life will be a bit easier. If not, Nebraska will continue to be a program with a ton of history and tradition but middle of the road for the current and short term future...which is quickly becoming their long term future.

The only way out I see for Nebraska would be for the Huskers to leave the Big 10 and be a part of a larger Big 12 move to the PAC. If they tied in with Oklahoma to a California recruiting pipeline and tied back into Texas that might help them rediscover their past roots to go along with their new future.
12-03-2017 11:22 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
All involved put on a clinic in how to do this kind of move correctly.

Kudos to Nebraska.
12-03-2017 05:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.