Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
Calling bowl experts - log your picks
One week to go, three games matter:

ULL @ App
Troy @ Ark St
USA @ NMSU

Sorry Jags I’m pulling for NMSU so we can fill our bowls with a ULL loss.

Plus that ensure App isn’t traveling to Arizona (although probably a neat trip).

Anyway how do the experts think this plays out?
11-25-2017 10:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
RE: Calling bowl experts - log your picks
R+L Carriers NOLA
App vs. UAB

Dollar General Mobile
Troy vs Toledo

Raycom Camellia Montgomery
A-State vs. Akron

AutoNation Cure Orlando
Georgia State vs. MTSU

Nova Home Loans Arizona Tucson
NMSU or UL vs. Utah State
11-25-2017 10:57 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Everything I am hearing is that AState will take App's spot in Montgomery this year, and App/Troy will go to either Mobile Or New Orleans depending upon who the MAC opponent in Mobile is. (App won't play Toledo if they go there, Troy won't play Ohio or Akron). CUSA opponent for New Orleans is very much in the air because of their weird rules where the champs get to choose their bowl slot.

Georgia State to Orlando is a virtual lock at this point. There could be some maneuvering with the first 3 bowls depending upon this weeks results. An App State loss could throw a lot of things into chaos. I'm not sure Troy/AState can change anything unless the result is lopsided in one direction.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017 11:38 PM by chiefsfan.)
11-25-2017 11:37 PM
OsageJ Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(11-25-2017 11:37 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Everything I am hearing is that AState will take App's spot in Montgomery this year, and App/Troy will go to either Mobile Or New Orleans depending upon who the MAC opponent in Mobile is. (App won't play Toledo if they go there, Troy won't play Ohio or Akron). CUSA opponent for New Orleans is very much in the air because of their weird rules where the champs get to choose their bowl slot.

Georgia State to Orlando is a virtual lock at this point. There could be some maneuvering with the first 3 bowls depending upon this weeks results. An App State loss could throw a lot of things into chaos. I'm not sure Troy/AState can change anything unless the result is lopsided in one direction.

Hope we get Montgomery.
11-25-2017 11:45 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(11-25-2017 11:37 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Everything I am hearing is that AState will take App's spot in Montgomery this year, and App/Troy will go to either Mobile Or New Orleans depending upon who the MAC opponent in Mobile is. (App won't play Toledo if they go there, Troy won't play Ohio or Akron). CUSA opponent for New Orleans is very much in the air because of their weird rules where the champs get to choose their bowl slot.

As of Monday. NOLA wanted App if they win out, Troy if they won out and App didn't, and A-State if App lost and A-State won out, Mobile wanted Troy, Montgomery A-State, Orlando was debating App and Georgia State and Tucson hoping for NMSU.
11-26-2017 12:39 AM
NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NM State Aggies!
(11-26-2017 12:39 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  

As of Monday. NOLA wanted App if they win out, Troy if they won out and App didn't, and A-State if App lost and A-State won out, Mobile wanted Troy, Montgomery A-State, Orlando was debating App and Georgia State and Tucson hoping for NMSU.

For NMSU, our chancellor said that we may have to decline a bowl invite depending on how far away it will be. If we do make it to a bowl game, our best bet would be the Arizona Bowl.
11-26-2017 12:54 AM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(11-26-2017 12:54 AM)NeptunianEmp Wrote:  

For NMSU, our chancellor said that we may have to decline a bowl invite depending on how far away it will be. If we do make it to a bowl game, our best bet would be the Arizona Bowl.

If you guys had to turn down your first bowl game since the stone ages because of finances it would be tragic, and also a sign that maybe you guys shouldn't be playing FBS football.
11-26-2017 01:57 AM
FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU Aggies
(11-26-2017 01:57 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

If you guys had to turn down your first bowl game since the stone ages because of finances it would be tragic, and also a sign that maybe you guys shouldn't be playing FBS football.

NMSU will not decline a bowl invite. Our president was talking out of his butt last week.
11-26-2017 03:06 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-26-2017 03:06 AM)FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Wrote:  
(11-26-2017 01:57 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

NMSU will not decline a bowl invite. Our president was talking out of his butt last week.

Who does he think he is? Chuck Staben?
11-26-2017 03:11 AM
JTApps1 Offline
1st String

(11-25-2017 10:57 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  R+L Carriers NOLA
App vs. UAB

Dollar General Mobile
Troy vs Toledo

Raycom Camellia Montgomery
A-State vs. Akron

AutoNation Cure Orlando
Georgia State vs. MTSU

Nova Home Loans Arizona Tucson
NMSU or UL vs. Utah State

I dont think anyone would complain if it worked out this way. Montgomery would be a good host and nic3 change for stAte.
11-26-2017 02:44 PM
Duncan20 Offline
Bench Warmer

Well it doesn't look like it will be UAB in NOLA .
Looks like UAB might be in the Bahamas vs OHIO : https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/statu...0784024576
11-26-2017 02:47 PM
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Troy vs La Tech in NO Bowl

Ark stAte vs NIU in Montgomery

App State Vs Toledo in Mobile

Ga State vs Temple in Orlando

NMSU vs Utah State in Arizona bowl
11-26-2017 02:54 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-26-2017 02:54 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  Troy vs La Tech in NO Bowl

Mobile won't rematch App and Toledo.

Now...Troy and Toledo on the other hand...
11-26-2017 02:59 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Troy vs. Toledo would be a top25 play-in.
11-26-2017 03:23 PM
FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
I was thinking the same thing. Might be one of the best, if not the top, G5 bowl game of the year.
11-26-2017 03:29 PM
AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(11-26-2017 02:59 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(11-26-2017 02:54 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  Troy vs La Tech in NO Bowl

Mobile won't rematch App and Toledo.

Now...Troy and Toledo on the other hand...
I would like to see Troy vs. Toledo.
11-26-2017 03:30 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

If I am Toledo's AD i chose as follows.
1. Detroit vs. ACC (1 hour drive from Campus and oppo to blow the doors off a P5).
2. Frisco vs. AAC (this one isnt a tie in but possibly a shifted around game where Toledo could play a respectable Houston or SMU in a different destination.
3. Mobile. We love it there...15 hour drive. Troy is the only opponent in the cards for us though.
4. Bad boy Mowers bowl somewhere in florida. (Just because Florida? This one is a backup agreement. But opponent would likely be a bad CUSA team, so Buffalo or WMU would bite that bullet. Marshall is someone intriguing as an ex MAC.
5. Idaho Potato Bowl... This game will feature Fresno State, CSU, Boise State or Wyoming. Toledo played Fresno last year and will again next year so this game doesnt seem in the cards for us. No one can travel to Boise anyways.
6. Montgomery would be nice if I was CMU or NIU because proximity (yes Alabama is our closest guaranteed tie in 03-banghead) . No SBC team besides Troy would we play and like i said before... That game would be played in Mobile.

This is no slight on stAte or App... Just going on too much familiarity, we wont see either until 2018 at soonest.
11-26-2017 05:10 PM
SpeedkingATL Offline
Special Teams

(11-26-2017 03:23 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Troy vs. Toledo would be a top25 play-in.

That would be a great match up IMHO.
11-26-2017 05:47 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-26-2017 05:10 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  If I am Toledo's AD i chose as follows.
1. Detroit vs. ACC (1 hour drive from Campus and oppo to blow the doors off a P5).
2. Frisco vs. AAC (this one isnt a tie in but possibly a shifted around game where Toledo could play a respectable Houston or SMU in a different destination.
3. Mobile. We love it there...15 hour drive. Troy is the only opponent in the cards for us though.
4. Bad boy Mowers bowl somewhere in florida. (Just because Florida? This one is a backup agreement. But opponent would likely be a bad CUSA team, so Buffalo or WMU would bite that bullet. Marshall is someone intriguing as an ex MAC.
5. Idaho Potato Bowl... This game will feature Fresno State, CSU, Boise State or Wyoming. Toledo played Fresno last year and will again next year so this game doesnt seem in the cards for us. No one can travel to Boise anyways.
6. Montgomery would be nice if I was CMU or NIU because proximity (yes Alabama is our closest guaranteed tie in 03-banghead) . No SBC team besides Troy would we play and like i said before... That game would be played in Mobile.

This is no slight on stAte or App... Just going on too much familiarity, we wont see either until 2018 at soonest.

Yes, but in order to get into Detroit or Frisco, you have to convince Mobile that despite having not taken the MAC Champ the last several years, they should not take them this year either

Good luck with that...
11-26-2017 06:06 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-26-2017 06:06 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(11-26-2017 05:10 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  If I am Toledo's AD i chose as follows.

Yes, but in order to get into Detroit or Frisco, you have to convince Mobile that despite having not taken the MAC Champ the last several years, they should not take them this year either

Good luck with that...

NIU or CMU would also LOVE to represent the MAC and Toledo could act dis interested and pass on the game... ultimately knowing they have the Frisco or Detroit bowl locked. For example... Florida State could play in Detroit. The MAC wouldnt want anyone other than Toledo repping against that big of a name in Detroit.

But if its Duke or something? CMU or WMU may just go because its close and the gate receipts will be large. Plus... Duke win or lose is a meh opponent nationally.
11-26-2017 07:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.