Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cats vs. Dogs: Senior Day Edition
Bookmark and Share
eroc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC, Liverpool
Cats vs. Dogs: Senior Day Edition
This season has been so long that i literally had to look up whether we played Marshall earlier. i reckon their season did not go as planned either:

Quote:The outcry included some fans saying they were going to boycott the Herd's regular season finale against Southern Miss, a 2:30 p.m. Saturday game in Joan C. Edwards Stadium.

As he's done on several occasions throughout his Marshall career, Yurachek stepped into the face of adversity and met it head on.

"When y'all think about 'boycotting' the game Saturday, think about. ... us seniors, who gave our blood, sweat and tears to this football program for the last 4 years, rarely see our families, and spend countless hours working for this program and this community. Think about that," said Yurachek through his Twitter account - @Yurachek_MU85 - at 11:35 a.m. Sunday.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/ma...9e556.html

i realize this season has been a nightmare for all involved but hopefully the Bearcat Nation will turn out for the Seniors this Saturday. After all, they had to endure a couple of seasons of Tommy before suffering through this calamity. All kidding aside, this group of seniors will have graduated from Cincy with little to nothing to celebrate from a football standpoint. Their greatest claim may be the fact that they kept the victory bell streak alive. Hopefully a nice Senior Day sendoff, including a W, will give them something of a warmer memory to cap off their careers.

11-20-2017 09:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AeroCat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
RE: Cats vs. Dogs: Senior Day Edition
The forecast looks good at the moment.

Mostly Sunny and 56 degrees.

11-20-2017 10:02 AM
Racinejake Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(11-20-2017 09:54 AM)eroc Wrote:  This season has been so long that i literally had to look up whether we played Marshall earlier. i reckon their season did not go as planned either:

Quote:The outcry included some fans saying they were going to boycott the Herd's regular season finale against Southern Miss, a 2:30 p.m. Saturday game in Joan C. Edwards Stadium.

As he's done on several occasions throughout his Marshall career, Yurachek stepped into the face of adversity and met it head on.

"When y'all think about 'boycotting' the game Saturday, think about. ... us seniors, who gave our blood, sweat and tears to this football program for the last 4 years, rarely see our families, and spend countless hours working for this program and this community. Think about that," said Yurachek through his Twitter account - @Yurachek_MU85 - at 11:35 a.m. Sunday.

i realize this season has been a nightmare for all involved but hopefully the Bearcat Nation will turn out for the Seniors this Saturday. After all, they had to endure a couple of seasons of Tommy before suffering through this calamity. All kidding aside, this group of seniors will have graduated from Cincy with little to nothing to celebrate from a football standpoint. Their greatest claim may be the fact that they kept the victory bell streak alive. Hopefully a nice Senior Day sendoff, including a W, will give them something of a warmer memory to cap off their careers.

Crazy. Marshall is 7-4 with a chance to get to 8 wins this Saturday. That's coming off a 3-9 season last year.

11-20-2017 11:27 AM
AeroCat Offline
1st String

Well, with it being a noon game, might bring the 6 yo down. Since the game doesn't really mean anything I won't feel bad if she gets bored and wants to leave early. Tickets should be cheap.

11-22-2017 12:02 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Things I want to see:

- Cracking the 20 point scoring mark
- Stopping them on third down at least 50% of the time (would be improvement)
- Points off a turnover
- Under 7 penalties (is this too much to ask?)
- Our Place Kicker Keeping it in bounds
- Our center not snapping the ball early
- A special teams score

11-22-2017 12:10 PM
Ragpicker Offline
All American

I Root For: Black & Gold
Donators
(11-22-2017 12:10 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Things I want to see:

- Cracking the 20 point scoring mark
- Stopping them on third down at least 50% of the time (would be improvement)
- Points off a turnover
- Under 7 penalties (is this too much to ask?)
- Our Place Kicker Keeping it in bounds
- Our center not snapping the ball early
- A special teams score

More than 6000 (actual butts in seats) at kickoff. More than 2000 after 3rd quarter.

I believe all 9 of these requests will not happen.

11-22-2017 12:18 PM
Advertisement

BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-20-2017 11:27 AM)Racinejake Wrote:  
(11-20-2017 09:54 AM)eroc Wrote:  This season has been so long that i literally had to look up whether we played Marshall earlier. i reckon their season did not go as planned either:

Crazy. Marshall is 7-4 with a chance to get to 8 wins this Saturday. That's coming off a 3-9 season last year.

A few have wondered about whether we "blew" the money on the Pressbox/Suite building at Nippert. I think you can look at Marshall to see a truly ill-advised (and poorly executed) expansion and what the issues might be following such a thing.

Marshall expanded their stadium by enclosing the "South" endzone, boosting capacity from 28k to 38k, back in 2000. The expansion stands, IMO, are too flat and don't fit the curve of the rest of the stadium (due to space concerns). They did the expansion as Marshall was winning the MAC and hoping to move up to CUSA (which they did in 2004 after we had moved to the BE...) and under the guise that "if you add more seats, people will fill them." What it really did was just add more seats, which made the 28k crowd feel smaller. Add to that the simple fact that the attendance hasn't "gone up," but rather has decreased across the board and you suddenly have a half-to-a-third filled stadium.

Our renovations were (a) not primarily about increasing capacity, but increasing premium seating, and (b) mostly interior (enclosed) seating, and © FIT and enhanced the stadium footprint. All of which is to say that it did not make Nippert more cavernous but actually helped enclose the stadium...whether the boxes are occupied or not.

Marshall probably should take those stands out at some point, but it will suck for them to do it. It'll be an admission of defeat and the stadium will never look like it once did. For Nippert, if (God forbid) we ever have to reduce capacity, it won't be the boxes that go, but probably the older Reed-Shank Pavilion...which would still leave Nippert intact.

My over-riding point is that UC did a good thing with their expansion on so many levels. The main beef of the Marshall fans is that attendance is flagging because of lackluster performance and therefore fans need to force a change. Part of that "flagging attendance" is real, but another part is simply that you have a crowd that feels smaller because of more empty space in the stands. Joan C. Edwards Stadium makes a crowd feel smaller, where Nippert makes a crowd feel bigger.

11-22-2017 12:19 PM
Ragpicker Offline
All American

I Root For: Black & Gold
Donators
(11-22-2017 12:19 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  My over-riding point is that UC did a good thing with their expansion on so many levels..... Joan C. Edwards Stadium makes a crowd feel smaller, where Nippert makes a crowd feel bigger.

The premium suites are a benefit to the University as long as P&G, Krogers, etc continue to renew their contract. It's a great way for the new accountant to take his girlfriend, and the mail room guy, and the maintenance man to get a free ticket from his employer.

The true Bearcat fan club level has been a disaster. Never came close to selling huge sections of seats. Priced wrong from the jump. UC will never disclose how many non-renewals they've experienced with the slide of the program..

Have you sat inside the club for a game? My one experience (3 years ago) was downright silly as at least half the fans were comped tix and had no interest in the game on the field. There was group sitting around playing cards using the buffet cookies as poker chips. People were reading books, and just BSing with coworkers/neighbors as if at a cookout. Their only interest in attending - the FREE BUFFET. Thus I dubbed it the world's largest Golden Corral. One woman even changed her baby's dirty diaper out in the hallway, but no UC staff person did a thing. Walked right on by. People were duped into thinking they would see Pitt, Louisville, Syracuse, etc and instead are stuck with Tulsa. Tulane and East Carolina. So will UC try to make a reset and actually appeal to their true customers?

And to your second sentence... Nippert will feel pretty empty come Saturday.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2017 02:52 PM by Ragpicker.)
11-22-2017 02:49 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
I'd settle for a sack and an INT on D. Can't recall a year with less than 5 interceptions all year. Averaging less than 1 sack a game, too. Egads.

11-22-2017 03:36 PM
bearcat29 Offline

(11-22-2017 12:02 PM)AeroCat Wrote:  Tickets should be cheap.

I had season tickets for years until Tubberville and kids sports made me drop them. I picked up 2 tickets w/ fees for $11 off of one of the secondary ticket sites. I was able to go, and I figured it may be a good first game to take my son (he is still pretty young). Hope they show up, or I won't be there much past 3rd qtr.

11-22-2017 04:07 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
Have some friends in for game that want to watch OK-WVU game after UC. Any suggestions on Sports Bar in Clifton or downtown. I don't go to Sports Bars in those areas. Thanks.

11-22-2017 05:30 PM
Advertisement

rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
(11-22-2017 05:30 PM)doss2 Wrote:  Have some friends in for game that want to watch OK-WVU game after UC. Any suggestions on Sports Bar in Clifton or downtown. I don't go to Sports Bars in those areas. Thanks.

Woody's

11-22-2017 07:24 PM
gerhard911 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats!
Shipley's. Awesome place to hang!

11-22-2017 09:55 PM
rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats
(11-22-2017 05:30 PM)doss2 Wrote:  Have some friends in for game that want to watch OK-WVU game after UC. Any suggestions on Sports Bar in Clifton or downtown. I don't go to Sports Bars in those areas. Thanks.

JCs

11-22-2017 11:04 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(11-22-2017 12:18 PM)Ragpicker Wrote:  I believe all 9 of these requests will not happen.

Through 11 games, there is no basis of evidence available to disagree with this. Seemingly nothing short of magic or miracles are going to change that.

11-24-2017 09:06 AM
The T-Shirt Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Bearcats

11-24-2017 12:12 PM
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Would love to see Mike Boone play his best game of the year in his last game.

11-24-2017 12:28 PM
The T-Shirt Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Bearcats

11-24-2017 10:09 PM
TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

I Root For: Bearcats, tubas
I'll be in Nippert tomorrow from the Charge until the team, band, and cheerleaders sing the alma mater. The seniors deserve nothing less.

11-24-2017 11:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(11-24-2017 11:10 PM)TubaCat Wrote:  I'll be in Nippert tomorrow from the Charge until the team, band, and cheerleaders sing the alma mater. The seniors deserve nothing less.
04-cheers

11-24-2017 11:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.