Football stats
Bookmark and Share
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Football stats
Brutal.

Hayden Moore is last in QB rating in the conference.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/con...017/id/151

We are last in the AAC in total offense.
http://www.espn.com/ncf/conferences/stat...017/id/151

We are last in sacks.

We are last in interceptions.

93rd in the nation in total defense.
103rd in the nation in total offense.
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/c...team/21/p3

Some gems in here.

11-19-2017 08:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

marcuscan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats + UF
RE: Football stats
How terrible must, Trail, be that he can't get on the field?!?

mc

11-19-2017 08:18 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
The first one listed is the most glaring, and negatively impactful in my opinion. How far to do you have to go back in recent UC football history to have the lowest rated QB in the conference?

11-19-2017 12:51 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(11-19-2017 12:51 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  The first one listed is the most glaring, and negatively impactful in my opinion. How far to do you have to go back in recent UC football history to have the lowest rated QB in the conference?
Last year we probably would've had the bottom three if they had enough attempts to qualify. At least this year we've only had to watch one awful QB.

11-19-2017 12:58 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Moore was in the bottom tier again last year. It's who he is.

In 2015 Kiel was #2.

In 2014 Kiel was #1.

In 2013 Kay was behind Teddy Bridgewater and Blake Bortles.

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2017 01:17 PM by rath v2.0.)
11-19-2017 01:14 PM
Topkat Offline
1st String

I Root For: TheCats
One of the reasons I wish we would have brought in a more accomplished offensive coach to take the reigns.

We did that with Kelly. Grand Valley State put points on the board while he was there.

Houston caught lightening with Herman, former OC who had a top 10 offense at OSU.

Frost at UCF was the OC at Oregon with the high flying offense... I believe he also tutored under Walsh at Stanford.

Norvell (Memphis) was OC at Arizona State where they put up points.

I just think at the G4 level it is easier to dictate (offense) than find the athletes that have to react (defensive LB's and secondary). Best if your Defense knows they don't have to carry the game.

In any event, Coach Fickell seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is well grounded... we'll see the next 3 or 4 years. I don't know that I believe all the "cupboard is bare" people. Seems I heard the same thing Butch Jones first year here.

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2017 01:32 PM by Topkat.)
11-19-2017 01:31 PM
Advertisement

Ragpicker Offline
All American

I Root For: Black & Gold
Donators
The performance on the field will improve next year, even if its just a couple more wins. Maybe in 3 seasons, CF might get us to 8 wins. But that's the ceiling.

My concern is not just the performance on the field, its the total collapse of the entire program. Just a quick survey this Sunday afternoon showed me that 11 regular and loyal posters have already stopped attending games, or plan on not attending the UConn game. Lots of additional comments about not renewing season tickets.

So how may fans will actually be in attendance on Saturday at noon? How many will remain by the 3rd/4th quarter break? How many tailgate spots already prepaid will be left empty?

Apathy has to have really set in when tailgate spots at 50 per game, plus season tix, go unused.

11-19-2017 02:18 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I think the four real problem groups with this team are OL, QB, WR, and, DB. I think the DBs and WRs can be turned around quickly.

OL is just not a spot where you can improve quickly. Even big schools bring in guys and redshirt guys and play their last few seasons. We don't have talent on our roster and its the weakest group in our recruiting class. I find it hard to see how we have a good line in less than 3 years.

QB is another position that takes time. We don't recruit at a high enough level to get a true freshman that's ready to play and if we had any talent on the roster it'd be playing. Best case is Ben Bryant is really good and is able to play next year and is comfortable by year two.

I think we can go from 3-4 wins to 5-6 next year and probably 7-8 the year after but best case we're looking at years 4-5 before we're completing for league titles.

11-19-2017 03:24 PM
Ash_UCATS Offline
2nd String

(11-19-2017 02:18 PM)Ragpicker Wrote:  The performance on the field will improve next year, even if its just a couple more wins. Maybe in 3 seasons, CF might get us to 8 wins. But that's the ceiling.

My concern is not just the performance on the field, its the total collapse of the entire program. Just a quick survey this Sunday afternoon showed me that 11 regular and loyal posters have already stopped attending games, or plan on not attending the UConn game. Lots of additional comments about not renewing season tickets.

So how may fans will actually be in attendance on Saturday at noon? How many will remain by the 3rd/4th quarter break? How many tailgate spots already prepaid will be left empty?

Apathy has to have really set in when tailgate spots at 50 per game, plus season tix, go unused.

Yes, Frost played for Walsh at Stanford before transferring to Nebraska and winning a National Championship under Tom Osborne.

11-19-2017 03:31 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
(11-19-2017 02:18 PM)Ragpicker Wrote:  The performance on the field will improve next year, even if its just a couple more wins. Maybe in 3 seasons, CF might get us to 8 wins. But that's the ceiling.

Brother, you know I luv ya but I'm losing track of everyone on your list whose fault this is. Williams & Ono. The BOT. The ADs. Now the staff who have been on campus for less than a year who inherited a mess.

Who cares how many fans show up Sunday? People can go if that is a better option than whatever else they have going on. Same with tickets. Renew or don't. Lots of people dropped their seats after 2010, too. Bully for them.

They came scampering back a year or 2 later to complain about bathrooms and concessions lines and to moan about losing the coach they swore should have been fired 9 games into his 1st year here. 03-lmfao

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2017 04:19 PM by rath v2.0.)
11-19-2017 04:17 PM
Ragpicker Offline
All American

I Root For: Black & Gold
Donators
(11-19-2017 04:17 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  

Brother, you know I luv ya but I'm losing track of everyone on your list whose fault this is. Williams & Ono. The BOT. The ADs. Now the staff who have been on campus for less than a year who inherited a mess.

Who cares how many fans show up Sunday? People can go if that is a better option than whatever else they have going on. Same with tickets. Renew or don't. Lots of people dropped their seats after 2010, too. Bully for them.

They came scampering back a year or 2 later to complain about bathrooms and concessions lines and to moan about losing the coach they swore should have been fired 9 games into his 1st year here. 03-lmfao

Luv ya too, bro.

It's just been the predicted slide since being left behind, and forced to play in this silly made-up league. P6 - sure. We will see how much P6 love UCF gets for going undefeated. At least when we did it, we were seconds from playing for a national championship. UCF is not even in the discussion for a 4 team playoff.

But I digress. I do care how many people are there Saturday, and how many were there for Temple, and how many will be there for our home opener next year, and our first league game next year. People like you have chosen to bail, which you have full right to choose how you spend your time and money. I'm not looking for any medals that I continue to attend, tailgate, etc.

It's just a damn shame that the people placed in charge of UC allowed this decline in program interest and decline in revenues to proceed. Big East money should be all gone by now, so more will have to be pushed on the backs of the students. Or simply UC will do without. Less money for recruiting, less money for quality coaches, and less money for marketing are direct causes for fan apathy and poor performance. History is repeating back towards Dave Currey football.

And one $8M contract from the Commonwealth after this season will begin the deterioration of basketball. MC's buyout is just $800k. We built a club seat/press box for football without a guarantee of the future. Are we doing it now with 5th/3rd Arena?

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2017 04:56 PM by Ragpicker.)
11-19-2017 04:45 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Your my man, blue.

This is hard to stomach. Has been for a few years. We'll get to the other side of the sewage pipe cleaner than when we went in.

11-19-2017 04:53 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(11-19-2017 01:14 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Moore was in the bottom tier again last year. It's who he is.

In 2015 Kiel was #2.

In 2014 Kiel was #1.

In 2013 Kay was behind Teddy Bridgewater and Blake Bortles.

Again, that is glaringly, high beam, lighthouse-esque beacon of warning. Not the sole reason or reasons for the team's slide but no doubt a primary factor tied to last year's 4-8 and possibly this year's 3-9 records. If you went further back in time rath you would likely uncover Legaux, Collaros, Pike, Mauk, Grutza, Guidugli, et al were not near the bottom of the ratings.

We need an upgrade at QB if we want to see improvement in the near future. Not sure that means next year unless we can get our hands on a transfer (grad or medical).

11-19-2017 05:46 PM
Racinejake Offline
Heisman

We need a Riley Ferguson-type transfer in the worst way. Any former SEC or Big 12 QBs doing hard time at a JC out there this season that we could grab?

11-19-2017 06:14 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(11-19-2017 06:14 PM)Racinejake Wrote:  We need a Riley Ferguson-type transfer in the worst way. Any former SEC or Big 12 QBs doing hard time at a JC out there this season that we could grab?

We are not one player from relevance.

11-19-2017 07:06 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(11-19-2017 06:14 PM)Racinejake Wrote:  We need a Riley Ferguson-type transfer in the worst way. Any former SEC or Big 12 QBs doing hard time at a JC out there this season that we could grab?

Joe Burrow, enter stage left.

11-20-2017 09:08 AM
Advertisement

WalterSobchak Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MY BEARCATS
People forget how the close relationship was with getting into the Big East and our football success. More money/more prestige got us better coaches, better players, better results, and more fans.

11-20-2017 09:24 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(11-20-2017 09:24 AM)WalterSobchak Wrote:  People forget how the close relationship was with getting into the Big East and our football success. More money/more prestige got us better coaches, better players, better results, and more fans.

UCF (who never played a down in the Big East) laughs at that sentiment.

11-20-2017 09:30 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(11-20-2017 09:30 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(11-20-2017 09:24 AM)WalterSobchak Wrote:  People forget how the close relationship was with getting into the Big East and our football success. More money/more prestige got us better coaches, better players, better results, and more fans.

UCF (who never played a down in the Big East) laughs at that sentiment.

Agreed. However, I am starting to wonder if the overwhelming volume of talent in Florida and Texas makes it easier for schools like UCF, USF, Houston, and SMU to exist in the G5 as opposed to us. We have talent in the Midwest, but unfortunately not the volume they have down south. Moreover, I think playing in a power conference is much more important to the better players in the Midwest than down south. It's not as if we are losing out local recruits to MAC or CUSA schools. They are all going to P5 schools, even the bad ones.

11-20-2017 09:37 AM
djtothemoney Offline
2nd String

Scott Frost inherited a team that was 0-12 the year prior. He might be a better coach than Fickell, but I think we can step back off the edge too.

11-20-2017 09:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.