Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Georgia State vs App State Game
Bookmark and Share
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
GSU/App game scheduled for 2pm. Be advised that UGA/GT will kick off at noon 3miles down the road.

If you're driving to the GSU Stadium, plan to be there bright and early. Spread the word App fans. You've been warned! 04-cheers
11-18-2017 11:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CoachWillRob Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
RE: Georgia State vs App State Game
So I'm staying at a hotel near Stone Mountain park at the NorthLake exit. What's the best route to the stadium to avoid traffic?
11-19-2017 12:41 AM
Panthers347 Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-19-2017 12:41 AM)CoachWillRob Wrote:  So I'm staying at a hotel near Stone Mountain park at the NorthLake exit. What's the best route to the stadium to avoid traffic?

Probably 78, but that's where all the Athens traffic will be coming from. All the way down Memorial Dr. is also an option. Georgia State Stadium is a good 30 minutes from Stone Mountain anyways. I'd check with Waze or Google Maps first. Give yourself a little time to get in the parking lot too.
11-19-2017 01:01 AM
Duncan20 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: App State
What time can you get in the parking lots?
11-19-2017 07:35 AM
AppinATL Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: AppState
(11-19-2017 12:41 AM)CoachWillRob Wrote:  So I'm staying at a hotel near Stone Mountain park at the NorthLake exit. What's the best route to the stadium to avoid traffic?

I would consider enduring 78 only until 285 then take 285 south to I-20 west. That will take you all the way to the stadium exit.
11-19-2017 07:40 AM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
Helicopter

Seriously I usually do Google Maps and select the quickest route. Traffic has become a 24/7/365 business here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
11-19-2017 09:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

(11-19-2017 01:01 AM)Panthers347 Wrote:  

Probably 78, but that's where all the Athens traffic will be coming from. All the way down Memorial Dr. is also an option. Georgia State Stadium is a good 30 minutes from Stone Mountain anyways. I'd check with Waze or Google Maps first. Give yourself a little time to get in the parking lot too.
I just realized he is actually staying in Tucker (Northlake). You really never can tell until the day of. It's also same day as GT/UGA which is at noon. Alsi Saturday after Thanksgiving so no telling what the shopping traffic will be like. 285 west to 85 and then 85 south may be the best bet. Or maybe 285 south to I-20 west.

11-19-2017 09:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
panama Offline
Legend

(11-19-2017 07:35 AM)Duncan20 Wrote:  What time can you get in the parking lots?
Officially four hours before game time. I doubt you get turned away before that though.

11-19-2017 09:46 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
I'll tune in just for the Shawn Elliott versus Scott Satterfield side story.

I think State will put up a hell of a fight but will go down. Apps punch a late TD in and win 28-17.
11-19-2017 09:48 AM
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

You could drive locally via Memorial Drive/Ponce De Leon Ave./Lawrenceville Highway as Panthers347 had already mentioned, but that could be confusing first time around. I'd recommend going I-285 south, then I-20 West (I-20 is less traveled because most ppl live in northern suburbs along the I-85 and I-75). Get off at the 58A Capitol Ave/Downtown exit. Turn left and you should see the Olympic Torch Tower across the bridge. GSU Stadium is behind that tower few blocks away. This way, you can avoid the I-85/I-75 altogether which will most definitely have a standstill traffic.

If interested, since you're at the Tucker/Northlake area, I think MARTA could be a hassle-free option. There is a subway station at Doraville (10mins from Northlake) with free 24hrs deck parking. Ride a southbound Gold Line train to the Five Points Station, then transfer to a eastbound Blue Line train. Hop off at the Georgia State Station, exit via the Piedmont Ave side (btw good waffle house there to the right), and walk few blocks south past the Georgia Capitol Building (neoclassical building with the golden dome) and voila! GSU Stadium to your right.
11-19-2017 09:59 AM
panama Offline
Legend

Still say Google Maps is your failsafe. It will give you at least two routes and maybe three and compare them and you can toggle to avoid highways and select a surface roads route. Predicting Atlanta traffic is like prediction g the weather. I just mapped to Helen, GA and it's saying 2 hours and 39 minutes to go 89 miles.

11-19-2017 10:28 AM
Advertisement

GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

(11-19-2017 10:28 AM)panama Wrote:  Still say Google Maps is your failsafe. It will give you at least two routes and maybe three and compare them and you can toggle to avoid highways and select a surface roads route. Predicting Atlanta traffic is like prediction g the weather. I just mapped to Helen, GA and it's saying 2 hours and 39 minutes to go 89 miles.

^truth. Google map is life
11-19-2017 10:36 AM
High Country Student Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App. State
This isn't meant to be arrogant on our end but is this the biggest game in the history of Georgia State's program? If you beat us and Idaho, then State takes care of Troy, you are co-champs of the SBC.
11-19-2017 11:07 AM
Panthers347 Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-19-2017 11:07 AM)High Country Student Wrote:  This isn't meant to be arrogant on our end but is this the biggest game in the history of Georgia State's program? If you beat us and Idaho, then State takes care of Troy, you are co-champs of the SBC.

I think there is definitely an argument for that, and in my opinion it probably is. We've never been in position to be so close to the top of a conference and our history is not that extensive. It is on the short list for sure.

Would also consider the very first game, 2015 against Southern, or the 2015 Cure bowl.
11-19-2017 11:13 AM
ManOnABuffalo Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
I know for a fact this is the biggest game of their history, what other point have they been in contention for anything since conception?

Maybe the only bowl game they have been to compares.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2017 11:16 AM by ManOnABuffalo.)
11-19-2017 11:14 AM
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

we beat Georgia Southern 34-7 in their own home to become bowl eligible. I remember no one gave us a chance win
11-19-2017 11:24 AM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

(11-19-2017 11:07 AM)High Country Student Wrote:  This isn't meant to be arrogant on our end but is this the biggest game in the history of Georgia State's program? If you beat us and Idaho, then State takes care of Troy, you are co-champs of the SBC.
It's not the biggest game in the history of GSU football from a fan stand point. No idea how it's playing in the locker room.

11-19-2017 11:35 AM
panama Offline
Legend

(11-19-2017 11:14 AM)ManOnABuffalo Wrote:  I know for a fact this is the biggest game of their history, what other point have they been in contention for anything since conception?

Maybe the only bowl game they have been to compares.
Inaugural game, stadium inaugural, Bama 2010, GS in Statesboro 2015, First bowl game. I may be missing a couple.

11-19-2017 11:38 AM
glsjunior74 Offline
2nd String

Another interesting thing is that the winner will probably end up in a bigger bowl than usual due to SEC not having enough bowl eligible teams.
11-19-2017 11:48 AM
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

Don't get me wrong. I'm definitely excited for this game. If we play our brand of football (sustain long drives, no turnover, no stupid penalties, don't give up quick easy TD), I don't see why we can't pull out a W.
11-19-2017 11:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.