Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is there any way that the AAC Champion doesn't get the New Years Bowl invite?
TIGERCITY Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Is there any way that the AAC Champion doesn't get the New Years Bowl invite?
Even if Memphis loses to East Carolina, which would he counted as a really bad loss, but then beat the ranked UCF / USF winner ---- Memphis still get invite to the NY6 bowl - right? Or does Boise still have a chance here? If UCF or USF win there's no doubts.
11-18-2017 07:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
RE: Is there any way that the AAC Champion doesn't get the New Years Bowl invite?
SFSU most deserves the Access Bowl.
11-18-2017 07:20 PM
Tigergary Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers
RE: Is there any way that the AAC Champion doesn't get the New Years Bowl invite?
(11-18-2017 07:17 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Even if Memphis loses to East Carolina, which would he counted as a really bad loss, but then beat the ranked UCF / USF winner ---- Memphis still get invite to the NY6 bowl - right? Or does Boise still have a chance here? If UCF or USF win there's no doubts.

No chance we lose to ecu at home. None. Zero. Zilch.
11-18-2017 07:22 PM
Tigergary Offline
All American

(11-18-2017 07:20 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  SFSU most deserves the Access Bowl.

You need to quit dipping into your bowl of pills.03-drunk05-nono
11-18-2017 07:24 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
At worse the champ game winner will have 1 loss. Memphis is not going to lose to ECU, to much on the line. Memphis will be ready to play.
11-18-2017 07:25 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(11-18-2017 07:25 PM)goodknightfl Wrote:  At worse the champ game winner will have 1 loss. Memphis is not going to lose to ECU, to much on the line. Memphis will be ready to play.

I second this emotion.
11-18-2017 07:27 PM
Advertisement

PT_american Offline
1st String

I Root For: American
(11-18-2017 07:17 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Even if Memphis loses to East Carolina, which would he counted as a really bad loss, but then beat the ranked UCF / USF winner ---- Memphis still get invite to the NY6 bowl - right? Or does Boise still have a chance here? If UCF or USF win there's no doubts.

If Memphis beats ECU ( which I think they do) I don’t think there is any doubt the league gets the access bowl. Memphis losing to ECU and then winning the championship would make it very close call if Boise also wins the MWC championship. Not sure which way it would go. I mean a loss to ECU and Memphis falls below Boise and maybe out of the CFP rankings so would a championship win trump Boise’s? Not sure
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2017 08:17 PM by PT_american.)
11-18-2017 08:14 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(11-18-2017 07:17 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  does Boise still have a chance here?
It’s in the realm of the possible. But I’d give you 1,000:1 odds, maybe more than that...
11-18-2017 08:16 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
Only if both the entire UCF/Memphis teams choke on a chicken wing...
11-18-2017 08:21 PM
Tigergary Offline
All American

(11-18-2017 08:21 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  Only if both the entire UCF/Memphis teams choke on a chicken wing...

I like chicken wings.
11-18-2017 08:30 PM
NothingButKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF, LSU

The only way I see it happening is Memphis losing to ECU then beating UCF/USF, as you described it.

I don't think Memphis would Boise State in that scenario, especially if USF is the AAC champ game opponent..
11-18-2017 08:40 PM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
Since the first thing to make it even possible is ECU winning the odds are almost zero.
11-18-2017 09:19 PM
Mikeyp Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ECU, AAC
Yea, I don't think ECU has anything to do with this equation!
11-18-2017 09:37 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
Memphis has a good QB, so there's no way they won't score 50+ against ECU, and therefore the American champ will be in the access bowl.
11-18-2017 09:37 PM
UCFKnightfan08 Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
All but certain at this point. If UCF or usf win the CCG they have 2 great wins to finish the year (over the other one and Memphis) and if Memphis wins the CCG they're a 1-loss ranked team that just beat a ranked UCF or usf.
11-18-2017 09:44 PM
PuddlePirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: inorganic groceries
You’ve got a better chance of finding a unicorn than ECU has of beating Memphis. Memphis hangs 60+ on us.
11-18-2017 09:54 PM
Advertisement

Square Knight Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
It could be possible for Boise St to jump into the G5 spot.
Assuming Boise St wins out and wins their conference, they could be ranked ahead of an AAC champ USF.

If Memphis wins out and is the AAC champ, it is highly unlikely Boise St passes them.
If UCF wins out and is the AAC Champ, no way Boise jumps the 10 or more spots to pass the Knights.
11-18-2017 09:54 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(11-18-2017 09:54 PM)Square Knight Wrote:  It could be possible for Boise St to jump into the G5 spot.
Assuming Boise St wins out and wins their conference, they could be ranked ahead of an AAC champ USF.

If Memphis wins out and is the AAC champ, it is highly unlikely Boise St passes them.
If UCF wins out and is the AAC Champ, no way Boise jumps the 10 or more spots to pass the Knights.

Of course, I wouldn't put ANYTHING past this CFP committee, but if all is right in the world, there is no way Boise could be ranked ahead of USF after USF would have two top25 wins to end the season, which is what would have to happen if USF won the conference.
11-18-2017 10:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

I Root For: Memphis
The conference championship will be Memphis @ UCF. Two ranked teams playing each other in a rematch for the conference title.

And before anyone says, "But UCF and USF haven't played yet," it doesn't matter. The only thing that's in question is whether UCF's margin of victory over USF will be greater than Memphis's margin of victory over ECU. Both should be comfortable blowouts.

No way Boise State goes to a New Years Bowl. The AAC champ has that locked up tight.
11-18-2017 10:32 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(11-18-2017 09:19 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Since the first thing to make it even possible is ECU winning the odds are almost zero.

Not quite. According to ESPN's FPI, ECU has a 3.8% chance of beating Memphis.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/tea...&year=2017
11-18-2017 10:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.