Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

IHSA Semifinals
Bookmark and Share
BDB5yp Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Exclamation IHSA Semifinals
Saw a tweet from Coach U that the Football Semi’s are at Huskie Stadium. Looks like the most unofficial official visits. Lol

Maybe we’ll snag a couple more recruits from it....
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2017 10:46 AM by BDB5yp.)
11-18-2017 09:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Doggone Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
RE: IHSA Semifinals
IHSA finals are at NIU next Friday and Saturday. Semi Finals are at the High Schools.
11-18-2017 09:48 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
IHSA Semifinals
(11-18-2017 09:37 AM)BDB5yp Wrote:  Saw a tweet from Coach U that the Football Semi’s are at Huskie Stadium. Looks like the most unofficial official visits. Lol

Maybe we’ll snag a couple more recruits from it....

Yep, for sure they'll be impressed with Huskie Stadium!
11-18-2017 12:23 PM
sarasotahuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators
They'll be impressed with the Yordon and Chessick facilities. And btw, Go Ramblers.

Sent from my Pixel C using CSNbbs mobile app
11-18-2017 06:40 PM
nucyberdawg Offline
2nd String

Just looked at current updates for HS scores with a few games yet to be played Sat nite.

Not really many customary teams from my immediate hood ...like Montini or Glenbard West survived ...other than Batavia and (IC Elmhurst -I cannot root for private schools) making the Finals in Huskie Stadium.

Regarding uncommitted HS seniors in November, most quality players have likely already made their visits to campuses ...unless your referencing current juniors/sophomores visiting Huskie Stadium

Depending upon weather/travel conditions I may make the trek to DeKalb for IHSA Finals on Saturday...
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2017 06:51 PM by nucyberdawg.)
11-18-2017 06:42 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
I really wonder whether the IHSA finals being at NIU have more to do with any recruiting gains more than any other factor.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2017 06:58 PM by NIU007.)
11-18-2017 06:57 PM
Advertisement

BDB5yp Offline
All American

(11-18-2017 06:42 PM)nucyberdawg Wrote:  Just looked at current updates for HS scores with a few games yet to be played Sat nite.

Not really many customary teams from my immediate hood ...like Montini or Glenbard West survived ...other than Batavia and (IC Elmhurst -I cannot root for private schools) making the Finals in Huskie Stadium.

Regarding uncommitted HS seniors in November, most quality players have likely already made their visits to campuses ...unless your referencing current juniors/sophomores visiting Huskie Stadium

Depending upon weather/travel conditions I may make the trek to DeKalb for IHSA Finals on Saturday...

A good chunk of these players are being recruited and getting interest as early as their sophomore years. NIU may not be on their radar, but it’s a good conversation starter....
11-18-2017 07:50 PM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

I Root For: NIU, Bradley
Goooooo Dunlap! First time my high school made it past the quarters!
11-18-2017 11:12 PM
NIU75 Offline
All American

Lake Zurich and Batavia fans may set the attendance record for most fans at a high school football final. That game may also have the highest attendance of any game this year at HS.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2017 11:23 PM by NIU75.)
11-18-2017 11:21 PM
nucyberdawg Offline
2nd String

(11-18-2017 11:12 PM)Max Power Wrote:  Goooooo Dunlap! First time my high school made it past the quarters!
04-cheers
congrats and good luck.
Where about is Dunlap -- near what more known city? what classification and what are their mascot and school colors ?
11-19-2017 09:21 AM
uiniu57 Offline
All American

I Root For: Amanda Sauer
(11-18-2017 06:57 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  I really wonder whether the IHSA finals being at NIU have more to do with any recruiting gains more than any other factor.

Exactly why Bradley men's basketball has one great recruiting class after another; all the top girls basketball and volleyball players flock to Illinois State; in years past North Central College factored into the decisions of the best of boys and girls soccer; plus the cream of the crop in track and field pick Eastern over anywhere else.
11-19-2017 09:50 AM
Advertisement

murph83 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(11-18-2017 11:21 PM)NIU75 Wrote:  Lake Zurich and Batavia fans may set the attendance record for most fans at a high school football final. That game may also have the highest attendance of any game this year at HS.

I was there that afternoon, 4 years ago. Batavia brought an enormous crowd, and Lake Zurich wasn't far behind. NIU and the IHSA must be absolutely thrilled.
11-19-2017 10:02 AM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

(11-19-2017 09:21 AM)nucyberdawg Wrote:  
(11-18-2017 11:12 PM)Max Power Wrote:  Goooooo Dunlap! First time my high school made it past the quarters!
04-cheers
congrats and good luck.
Where about is Dunlap -- near what more known city? what classification and what are their mascot and school colors ?

It's just north of Peoria. 5A and maroon and gold.

Chicago (Phillips) should be favored but both teams are undefeated.
11-19-2017 10:11 AM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

(11-19-2017 09:50 AM)uiniu57 Wrote:  
(11-18-2017 06:57 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  I really wonder whether the IHSA finals being at NIU have more to do with any recruiting gains more than any other factor.

Exactly why Bradley men's basketball has one great recruiting class after another; all the top girls basketball and volleyball players flock to Illinois State; in years past North Central College factored into the decisions of the best of boys and girls soccer; plus the cream of the crop in track and field pick Eastern over anywhere else.

Bradley has had a handful of commits cite the state tournament as a reason for their commitment. Philip Gilbert who played for East St Louis with Darius Miles and was all MVC cited it. But not very many.
11-19-2017 10:16 AM
uiniu57 Offline
All American

I Root For: Amanda Sauer
(11-19-2017 10:16 AM)Max Power Wrote:  Bradley has had a handful of commits cite the state tournament as a reason for their commitment. Philip Gilbert who played for East St Louis with Darius Miles and was all MVC cited it. But not very many.

Max, I don't doubt that hosting plays the role of being an introduction, but have to believe the coach and future teammates play a greater role for the vast majority. The idea that one kid can always be swayed because they're naive is a given. Decades ago after an NIU men's basketball game, Korcek was telling all of us writers about how Ron Lindfors originally picked Bradley because Versace told him "We fly to games, ask McDougal if they travel just by bus." McDougal being honest told Lindfors that NIU did indeed bus to conference games. Being the 1980s, it was both feasible and economically better to bus to MAC locations; there was no way Bradley would bus to West Texas State, etc. However, Lindfors discovered Bradley went by bus to a majority of conference games and Versace was different as a coach than a recruiter.
11-19-2017 11:01 AM
nucyberdawg Offline
2nd String

(11-19-2017 11:01 AM)uiniu57 Wrote:  
(11-19-2017 10:16 AM)Max Power Wrote:  Bradley has had a handful of commits cite the state tournament as a reason for their commitment. Philip Gilbert who played for East St Louis with Darius Miles and was all MVC cited it. But not very many.

Max, I don't doubt that hosting plays the role of being an introduction, but have to believe the coach and future teammates play a greater role for the vast majority. The idea that one kid can always be swayed because they're naive is a given. Decades ago after an NIU men's basketball game, Korcek was telling all of us writers about how Ron Lindfors originally picked Bradley because Versace told him "We fly to games, ask McDougal if they travel just by bus." McDougal being honest told Lindfors that NIU did indeed bus to conference games. Being the 1980s, it was both feasible and economically better to bus to MAC locations; there was no way Bradley would bus to West Texas State, etc. However, Lindfors discovered Bradley went by bus to a majority of conference games and Versace was different as a coach than a recruiter.

Korcek so often has longstanding, upclose and personal insights to all things NIU.

How many remember NIU BBALL COACH Molinari before he left for Peoria exclaiming NIU bball cannot compete for quality recruits playing in the fieldhouse and needs a better facility.... what would either say now RE: how well that all has that worked out?
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2017 08:14 PM by nucyberdawg.)
11-19-2017 08:13 PM
Advertisement

NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
If the horseshoe and skybox tower move forward anytime soon, i hope we are still in the rotation for the IHSA playoffs. Would be great to show off the new digs to the families and players of the state's best programs in person. Maybe get the father of the state's best QB up to the presidents box for a few cocktails during the playoff game, let him taste some G5 luxury first hand...
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2017 10:49 PM by NIUfilmmaker.)
11-20-2017 10:49 PM
NIU75 Offline
All American

(11-19-2017 08:13 PM)nucyberdawg Wrote:  
(11-19-2017 11:01 AM)uiniu57 Wrote:  

Korcek so often has longstanding, upclose and personal insights to all things NIU.

How many remember NIU BBALL COACH Molinari before he left for Peoria exclaiming NIU bball cannot compete for quality recruits playing in the fieldhouse and needs a better facility.... what would either say now RE: how well that all has that worked out?

Coach Molinari career sure flamed out after NIU.
11-21-2017 06:47 AM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

Mo did pretty well, going to an NCAA and 5 NITs before he was fired in 2001 because of his style of play. Bradley made a mistake firing him -- he had a freshman by the name of Danny Granger who transferred to UNM and another in Joah Tucker who went to UW-M and led them to the Sweet 16. Then after some NBA scouting he coached the Golden Gophers and WIU in tough spots and I would argue did about as well as could be expected.
11-21-2017 07:58 AM
RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
Are there potential recruits we should be on the lookout for this weekend? It seems with HF and Maine South being out we don't have a lot to look out for. Perhaps some juniors?
11-21-2017 09:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.