Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How many potential NBA players are on this team?
Bookmark and Share
UCinNKY Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cincinnati Bear
How many potential NBA players are on this team?
Probably too early to say, but I am bored and want to start a discussion.

Broome- Probaably not, too small, shifty and a nice passer, limited ceiling.

Jennifer- See above, but he's definitely improved-but todays guards are as big as 3's.

Cumberland- Bodywise yes, but what would he bring to the table? but possibly.

Evans- I think so, aggressive, poised, good all around feel for the game-late 1st round.

Washington- A real wildcard in my mind, love his game but very inconsistent-need to improve defensively, maybe develop an attitude to his game.

Clark- May not go drafted, but I could see him signing with a squad and sticking due to his all around game.

As of right now I don't see any NBA caliber bench players. I would argue Keith Williams and Nysier Brooks have the highest ceiling, but both are very raw. Diarra, Nsoeme, Trevor Moore will be good collegiate players, but thats maybe it. Moore is just a catch and shoot guy.

All things considered, not too bad if you think about it- we need some players to be drafted to increase our visibility- and I think we'll get that.

11-17-2017 09:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RuckleSt Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
RE: How many potential NBA players are on this team?
(11-17-2017 09:36 PM)UCinNKY Wrote:  Probably too early to say, but I am bored and want to start a discussion.

Broome- Probaably not, too small, shifty and a nice passer, limited ceiling.
Guys his size have been very successful recently in the NBA. Damien Lillard, Isaiah Thomas, Darren Collison

Jennifer- See above, but he's definitely improved-but todays guards are as big as 3's.

Cumberland- Bodywise yes, but what would he bring to the table? but possibly.

Evans- I think so, aggressive, poised, good all around feel for the game-late 1st round.
Definitely the most likely. He plays all facets of the game at a high level, and he still has plenty of room for improvement.
Washington- A real wildcard in my mind, love his game but very inconsistent-need to improve defensively, maybe develop an attitude to his game.
I don't see it. Most 4s in the NBA are taller and more athletic. He could have a great Euro career though.
Clark- May not go drafted, but I could see him signing with a squad and sticking due to his all around game.
Same issues as Washington. I would love to see both of those guys make it though
As of right now I don't see any NBA caliber bench players. I would argue Keith Williams and Nysier Brooks have the highest ceiling, but both are very raw. Diarra, Nsoeme, Trevor Moore will be good collegiate players, but thats maybe it. Moore is just a catch and shoot guy.

I can't really say with the Freshmen as I just haven't seen enough of them to judge. Of the other bench guys I would say Brooks has the best shot. He has NBA size and athleticism.

All things considered, not too bad if you think about it- we need some players to be drafted to increase our visibility- and I think we'll get that.

11-17-2017 09:48 PM
CincyBro Offline
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "
Lots of pros on this team, it's just that they will be playing in the pro leagues overseas.

11-17-2017 10:05 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

Evans almost certainly can play a role. With his size and athleticism he can guard multiple positions and shoot open shots.

Cumberland next most likely. I just see a ton of SK in him. Depends if he wants it as badly as SK did. SK was really hurt by being 24 as a senior and Jarron won't have been deal with that.

Gary I give a small chance. Great defender and can very skilled. I think what prevents him is the NBA is so versatile now and I dont they think he's athletic enough to guard stretch 4s on the perimeter.

Brooks could develop into it he's got the size and athleticism but has a lot of development to do.

No way on Kyle. He can't guard college guys, he'd get abused by NBA stretch 4s.

Haven't seen enough of Keith Williams to say if he could develop into a pro.

My odds:
Evans 90%
Jarron 60%
Clark & Brooks 10% each
All others (Williams mostly) 2%

11-17-2017 10:26 PM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
I could be crazy, but I think Diarra’s ceiling is way up there.

11-17-2017 11:28 PM
Advertisement

Recluse1 Offline
1st String

Potential is so open to interpretation, it's hard to say...
Evans will(barring something life altering) probably be in the league.
The rest, I think either Brooks or Nsoseme could potentially end up being that good, but both are so raw offensively, that it will take time and considerable effort.

I think Cumberland could make it. He's offensively a lot like SK but more developed at an earlier age and not as bad at defense. Though neither were/are great defenders.

As far as height and Broome go, Isaiah Washington was second team all NBA last season and he's only 5'8. Broome isn't too short, but with the Ben Simmons/Lebron James point-forward type players; his role would be kind of dated. Frankly, I'm not even all that sure he projects as a point guard. Seems much more of a scorer to me.

Clark is just undersized, not impossible someone takes a chance on him but I think he'll probably be big overseas or in the G-league.
Washington is pretty good but same as with Clark IMO

The rest, I don't know...

11-18-2017 12:02 AM
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats
(11-17-2017 11:28 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  I could be crazy, but I think Diarra’s ceiling is way up there.

I agree both Brooks and Diarra have potential with some development because of their size.

I think Evans and Cumberland will both get drafted. I could see someone taking a chance on Clark in the late second round too.

11-18-2017 07:50 AM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
Clark's issue is the direction the league has gone at the 4 position. 15 years ago he finds a spot on an NBA roster. Not sure he will with the modern game.

11-18-2017 08:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
I've always thought Clark reminded me of a poor man's Draymond Green. Clark has a nice game, I'm not sure if he is mobile enough to make it in today's game.

I think Cumberland looks like an NBA player to me. I think he leaves either this year or next. Evans has a good game too. He is probably a 2nd round pick. Washington struggles on D at this level, I don't think he could defend Joel Embiid or Anthony Davis. I see a lot of good Euro players on this team.

11-18-2017 09:10 AM
Advertisement

Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Three

11-18-2017 09:39 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Cumberland and Evans meet the "potential" expectation. Jarron is just so physical and athletic for a guy 6'5" and 215. He is aggressive and quick to the hole and has a good feel for the trey (currently shooting about 43%). He's also strong enough as a guard to grab consistent boards per game. He definitely plays beyond his sophomore class and has not hit his ceiling yet IMO. Would love to see him continue to develop his game this year and next.

11-18-2017 09:40 AM
crex043 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Have you watched the NBA recently? They hardly allow defense in the paint. I don't think Kyle has to work too hard on defense to be palatable for an NBA roster.

11-18-2017 10:07 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(11-18-2017 10:07 AM)crex043 Wrote:  Have you watched the NBA recently? They hardly allow defense in the paint. I don't think Kyle has to work too hard on defense to be palatable for an NBA roster.

Don't disagree on the modern NBA style. My "reluctance" to put him at an NBA talent level is the lack of consistency and his mental approach. He certainly has a chance this season to improve on that. I still believe Jarron and Jacob are more likely of anyone currently on the roster.

11-18-2017 10:16 AM
Advertisement

BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats
(11-18-2017 09:10 AM)jarr Wrote:  I've always thought Clark reminded me of a poor man's Draymond Green. Clark has a nice game, I'm not sure if he is mobile enough to make it in today's game.

I think Cumberland looks like an NBA player to me. I think he leaves either this year or next. Evans has a good game too. He is probably a 2nd round pick. Washington struggles on D at this level, I don't think he could defend Joel Embiid or Anthony Davis. I see a lot of good Euro players on this team.

I was actually going to say that. Clark would need to be a Draymond Green type player in the NBA. Don't think he has the outside shot to do it though. Hope I'm wrong.

11-18-2017 10:22 AM
@ES Trader Offline
1st String

I dont see any of these guys getting drafted. Hope I'm wrong.

11-18-2017 11:02 AM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
(11-18-2017 10:22 AM)BcatMatt13 Wrote:  
(11-18-2017 09:10 AM)jarr Wrote:  I've always thought Clark reminded me of a poor man's Draymond Green. Clark has a nice game, I'm not sure if he is mobile enough to make it in today's game.

I was actually going to say that. Clark would need to be a Draymond Green type player in the NBA. Don't think he has the outside shot to do it though. Hope I'm wrong.

I don’t see Clark getting drafted either. That doesn’t mean he couldn’t make a roster. Hopefully he sees how SK improves his game and got paid off big time for it. I’m sure Gary doesn’t spend a ton of time working on three point shooting but if he wants to play in the league I think that’s all he should focus on as soon as his college career is over.

11-18-2017 11:19 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Potential? 12

Likely? 1 or 2 tops.

11-18-2017 11:33 AM
Advertisement

RealDeal Offline
Heisman

(11-18-2017 10:22 AM)BcatMatt13 Wrote:  

I've always thought that was the type of player Gary would be at the next level. My hesitancy is I assume that Dreymon is a superior athlete. Basically it boils down to is Gary a good enough athlete to guard on the perimeter regularly. My guess is no.

11-18-2017 12:16 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

(11-18-2017 10:16 AM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  
(11-18-2017 10:07 AM)crex043 Wrote:  Have you watched the NBA recently? They hardly allow defense in the paint. I don't think Kyle has to work too hard on defense to be palatable for an NBA roster.

Don't disagree on the modern NBA style. My "reluctance" to put him at an NBA talent level is the lack of consistency and his mental approach. He certainly has a chance this season to improve on that. I still believe Jarron and Jacob are more likely of anyone currently on the roster.

They may hardly allow defense in the paint but they absolutely require defense on the perimeter. Think Kyles guarding any of these guys on the perimeter? No chance.

11-18-2017 12:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.