Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UTSA Steals UTEP’s Top Choice for AD
Bookmark and Share
JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
Dan Walken reporting that Lisa Campos will be announced as the UTSA AD tomorrow. I know a lot of the UTEP message board fans weren’t high on her but somehow she was the favorite by the administration. If true how does the UTSA fanbase feel about this hire?
11-16-2017 09:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
We weren’t high on her either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
11-16-2017 09:13 PM
DarrellEW Offline
2nd String

RE: UTSA Steals UTEP’s Top Choice for AD
I'm excited about it. Dr. Campos has a solid resume for a G5 AD. There probably weren't many other ADs with Division I experience knocking down our door.
11-17-2017 09:46 AM
Digi368 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Runners
I'm optimistic. She has an impressive resume and has done a lot with NAU. Having said that, I have been impressed with "great" resumes in my professional career only to realize their performance was not that spectacular. Net net, it is impossible to say at this point. It is wait and see moment and dependent upon what she can get accomplished.
11-17-2017 10:02 AM
Advertisement

NorthTexan95 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
UTSA fans on the Rowdy board are not happy with this hire.

I am actually shocked by this hire. This sounds like a hire for a school that is satisfied with status quo. I have respect but no love for UTSA but I understand why many of them are underwhelmed by this hire and some down right disappointed.
11-17-2017 10:06 AM
Digi368 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Runners
(11-17-2017 10:06 AM)NorthTexan95 Wrote:  UTSA fans on the Rowdy board are not happy with this hire.

I am actually shocked by this hire. This sounds like a hire for a school that is satisfied with status quo. I have respect but no love for UTSA but I understand why many of them are underwhelmed by this hire and some down right disappointed.

Unrealistic expectations by some of the fan base. They believe UTSA would steal an AD from some prestigious P5 school.

How can you realistically judge a hire w/o that hire actually being able to attempt their job?

She may end up being hot garbage or she could be the best AD in the G5. Who knows at this point?
11-17-2017 10:12 AM
DarrellEW Offline
2nd String

(11-17-2017 10:06 AM)NorthTexan95 Wrote:  UTSA fans on the Rowdy board are not happy with this hire.

Ignore posts by P Casey. That guy gets pissed off and threatens to stop supporting UTSA at least once a month. There are a handful of other people who have valid criticisms of the hire, but for the most part, I'd say our fanbase is cautiously optimistic.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2017 12:16 PM by DarrellEW.)
11-17-2017 12:16 PM
Advertisement

DarrellEW Offline
2nd String

Live stream of the announcement here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xel8bVqR...e=youtu.be
11-17-2017 02:02 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
(11-16-2017 09:07 PM)JCMiner Wrote:  Dan Walken reporting that Lisa Campos will be announced as the UTSA AD tomorrow. I know a lot of the UTEP message board fans weren’t high on her but somehow she was the favorite by the administration. If true how does the UTSA fanbase feel about this hire?

Most Miner fans are adverse to hiring anyone that worked for Stull. Chris Park, who currently works for Stull, is Stull's favorite and is also Tim Floyd's pick. The committee may pick him or Senter, the AD at the Citadel but Campos was only favored by a couple of sports writers and very few fans. She may turn out to be very good but she does not have the strongest or most outgoing personality.
11-17-2017 02:08 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(11-16-2017 09:07 PM)JCMiner Wrote:  Dan Walken reporting that Lisa Campos will be announced as the UTSA AD tomorrow. I know a lot of the UTEP message board fans weren’t high on her but somehow she was the favorite by the administration. If true how does the UTSA fanbase feel about this hire?

PC choice. You UTSA guys are so hung up on making a politically correct choice that you can't do what's best for your school. It's a UT System hallmark. Sad.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2017 09:50 PM by HogDawg.)
11-17-2017 09:47 PM
Advertisement

DarrellEW Offline
2nd String

(11-17-2017 09:47 PM)HogDawg Wrote:  

PC choice. You UTSA guys are so hung up on making a politically correct choice that you can't do what's best for your school. It's a UT System hallmark. Sad.

Who would have been the right choice, then?
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2017 10:00 PM by DarrellEW.)
11-17-2017 10:00 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
(11-17-2017 10:00 PM)DarrellEW Wrote:  

Are any UTSA fans aware of a list of finalists for the job?

I was semi-joking on a UTEP board that the 3 finalists for UTEP;
Lisa Campos (NAU AD)
Jim Senter (Citadel AD)
Chris Park (UTEP Assoc. AD)

might also be the finalist list for UTSA. We had at least 1 common finalist, for sure.

Also saw where UTSA is paying Campos $375k per yr, which is about a $100k increase over Hickey's salary.
11-18-2017 10:09 AM
DarrellEW Offline
2nd String

(11-18-2017 10:09 AM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  
(11-17-2017 10:00 PM)DarrellEW Wrote:  

Are any UTSA fans aware of a list of finalists for the job?

I was semi-joking on a UTEP board that the 3 finalists for UTEP;
Lisa Campos (NAU AD)
Jim Senter (Citadel AD)
Chris Park (UTEP Assoc. AD)

might also be the finalist list for UTSA. We had at least 1 common finalist, for sure.

Also saw where UTSA is paying Campos $375k per yr, which is about a $100k increase over Hickey's salary.

No other finalists were announced/leaked. Which is the point I was trying to make to HogDawg. How can you possibly say she was hired solely because of "political correctness" when you don't even know who the other candidates were? Looking at UTEP's search, and recent hires within C-USA and other G5's, her resume is up there with the best of them.

And Hickey was always underpaid, which is a shame given what she did for our university, but it's just the way of life nowadays, where you have to move around to get any significant salary increase.
11-18-2017 10:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.