WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is this team in shape?
backinkazoo Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Is this team in shape?
Still scratching my head about the finishes, and yes I realize that we have a freshman QB. However, just wondering:

1. Why do we dominate the running game early, only to fade out in 2nd half? USC, CMU and last night come to mind. We DOMINATED running in the 1st half, including into the wind, with a loaded box against a freshman QB. NIU knew we were going to run, yet Franklin tore it up in 1Q and 2Q. Then nothing. I don't blame the lack of running in 2nd half to "NIU adjustments", as I didn't see much.
2. Injuries upon more injuries. I just can't believe that we are totally prepared and conditioned correctly given all of the injuries.
3. "Lack of passion" could be " completely gassed" as it looks the same. We've all seen it...

I went to the MSU game and we looked tired in the 2nd half.

So, are some of the 2nd half let downs due to conditioning?
11-16-2017 04:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wmufan715 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Wmu
RE: Is this team in shape?
Be careful! You’ll be branded as PJs family if you question physical preparedness being related to injuries!

Lester is the unluckiest guy in the world. He took over a team of overrated players that were on the coattails of Moton, Zach and Corey the whole year according to some on here.
11-16-2017 06:59 PM
Brindlee2015 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WMU
Steven's pre-season numbers: 650 max squat, 490 max bench, dead lift roughly equal to his squat. Don't know his power clean max. 40 time about 4.8. GPS unit that he wears during games has clocked him at a max peak speed of 19 mph (at EMU). So, he's in shape. He also gets quite a few snaps per game; 60ish.
11-16-2017 07:48 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
NIU didn't stack the box all night. They never do. Howard, the announcer, even made mention of NIU maybe needing to add a guy in the box after Franklin got 52 of his yards on back-to-back runs on that first quarter scoring drive. But they didn't. They're too afraid of getting beat deep. Franklin had an astounding 14 carries in the first quarter. The 2 for 52 yards and then another 12 for 40 yards. Outside of those two nice runs, he was only averaging 3.3 ypc. I know it got worse the rest of the way(15 for 23), but he really only dominated on that one drive. He just had so many carries it felt dominating.
11-16-2017 07:56 PM
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
(11-16-2017 04:16 PM)backinkazoo Wrote:  Still scratching my head about the finishes, and yes I realize that we have a freshman QB. However, just wondering:

1. Why do we dominate the running game early, only to fade out in 2nd half? USC, CMU and last night come to mind. We DOMINATED running in the 1st half, including into the wind, with a loaded box against a freshman QB. NIU knew we were going to run, yet Franklin tore it up in 1Q and 2Q. Then nothing. I don't blame the lack of running in 2nd half to "NIU adjustments", as I didn't see much.
2. Injuries upon more injuries. I just can't believe that we are totally prepared and conditioned correctly given all of the injuries.
3. "Lack of passion" could be " completely gassed" as it looks the same. We've all seen it...

You need to sign up on Gophertalk.........where your heart truly lies. 03-cloud9
11-16-2017 08:57 PM
RunningGame Offline
All American

(11-16-2017 04:16 PM)backinkazoo Wrote:  Still scratching my head about the finishes, and yes I realize that we have a freshman QB. However, just wondering:

Since Wassink went down, teams get wise that we can't throw the ball, and that's that. One wonders why they play us vanilla out of the gate. Hoping they can stop us with their base defense? Not letting the freshman develop an early rhythm to keep him rattled? This is not rocket science, I don't know why everyone is so mystified when we see many bad passes, bad routes, and dropped balls.
11-16-2017 11:40 PM
backinkazoo Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
I'm simply asking why can we run in the 1st half and not in the 2nd? I can understand earlier in the season and the other team adjusting.

But we rammed it down CMU's throat in the 1st with Goddard at QB, same with NIU - INTO THE WIND. They knew we were not going to throw much....

Nevermind - forget I asked, I don't want to get in trouble with Dip!
11-17-2017 04:05 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-17-2017 04:05 PM)backinkazoo Wrote:  I'm simply asking why can we run in the 1st half and not in the 2nd? I can understand earlier in the season and the other team adjusting.

But we rammed it down CMU's throat in the 1st with Goddard at QB, same with NIU - INTO THE WIND. They knew we were not going to throw much....

Nevermind - forget I asked, I don't want to get in trouble with Dip!

Depth at RB has been an issue... Jarvion has been basically our only option the last few weeks... Lester even said he wore out before half at NIU...
11-18-2017 03:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.