Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BB&T Arena Question
Bookmark and Share
nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
BB&T Arena Question
I thought that I had read a few months ago that the floor at BB&T arena would be changed out for the UC games to a floor with the UC logo. Did I dream that?

11-16-2017 01:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

I Root For: Bearcats, tubas
RE: BB&T Arena Question
You definitely didn't dream it. I've been wondering about this as well... where is our court? The first game we played with NKU's floor was allegedly due to a scheduling conflict with NKU playing later that night. But here we are, at game 3, and not sure whose floor we will be playing on. What's the dealio?

11-16-2017 01:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DJBEARCAT Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Red & Black
Seconded. someone please find out what's going with this.

11-16-2017 02:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
djtothemoney Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cincinnati
What I heard on the radio was that they'll be putting it down for Conference games. The process takes 24 hours, so if NKU and UC are playing back to back days, they aren't doing it. Take that for what it's worth.

11-16-2017 02:14 PM
Advertisement

grubs Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UC
(11-16-2017 02:14 PM)djtothemoney Wrote:  What I heard on the radio was that they'll be putting it down for Conference games. The process takes 24 hours, so if NKU and UC are playing back to back days, they aren't doing it. Take that for what it's worth.

There's a cost involved so they are picking and choosing even when there isn't a conflict.

11-16-2017 02:44 PM
DownOnRohs Offline
Heisman

(11-16-2017 02:44 PM)grubs Wrote:  
(11-16-2017 02:14 PM)djtothemoney Wrote:  What I heard on the radio was that they'll be putting it down for Conference games. The process takes 24 hours, so if NKU and UC are playing back to back days, they aren't doing it. Take that for what it's worth.

There's a cost involved so they are picking and choosing even when there isn't a conflict.

Yeah these espn3 games, it doesn't bother me too much...Nobody watches sportscenter anymore so not like we're missing out seeing it there.

11-16-2017 04:01 PM
MercerCo_BearCat Offline
2nd String

The process to change the court is 4 hours, not 24. It's all snap and go for those things.

11-16-2017 04:11 PM
Advertisement

nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats

Disappointing. Potentially UC's best team in 15+ years and they are playing on a visitors court. I hope all televised games are on a UC branded court cause this is a great year to sell your program to those watching.

11-16-2017 04:13 PM
BearcatBeta Offline
All American

I Root For: $ in my mailbox
Just win...at the end of the day,,what are you going to remember??? W's and L's...Period. Let the better team win on the court. I've had my ass kicked
on the golf course by a guy with crappy clubs...JUST WIN

11-16-2017 04:21 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(11-16-2017 04:13 PM)nachoman91 Wrote:  

Disappointing. Potentially UC's best team in 15+ years and they are playing on a visitors court. I hope all televised games are on a UC branded court cause this is a great year to sell your program to those watching.

Ideally, but we're also getting some good press about the renovation of our new digs. I think folks watching will be more sold on our success this year (and past years) on the court and not as much on the court logos. It's just one season....

11-16-2017 04:21 PM
Advertisement

djtothemoney Offline
2nd String

(11-16-2017 04:13 PM)nachoman91 Wrote:  

I'll tell you what. Build a time machine and go back and decide not to renovate the arena and see if this team is still top 15.

11-16-2017 04:23 PM
Ahhhorsepoo Offline
All American

I Root For: UC, FSU, NOT XU
the real crime is that blimp view they show on the broadcasts.. we should almost call it a skycam

11-17-2017 08:32 AM
bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I am not as concerned about having our own floor. This year, being away from campus, is a slight inconvenience and temporary. BB&T arena is currently the best arena in the area. BB&T blows away Cintas. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Had multiple BB&T staff thank me for coming out last night and asked if I had questions. Hope our staff can replicate this next year. We sat upstairs and the seats were still good. Nice wide concourses. I enjoy the parking being immediately adjacent to the arena.

11-17-2017 12:15 PM
Advertisement

Recluse1 Offline
1st String

Without sacrifice, we have nothing. I think a season of NKU logo is a small price to pay. 5/3rd was in pretty dire need of renovation.
The seating/sight lines alone was annoying.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2017 12:39 PM by Recluse1.)
11-17-2017 12:39 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I got in and out pretty easily last night. I live about 10 min from UC and it took me 25-30 to get home last night. Definitely worth doing for a year to get a state of the art arena.

I dont know about better than Cintas, the two arenas seem very comparable to me.

11-17-2017 12:58 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

Cintas has blue X's all over the place. BB&T is thus better.

11-17-2017 01:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.