Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Week: @Miami
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Exclamation Game Week: @Miami
Think we haven't done this thread. Right?

Miami is still in contention for a bowl bid. EMU needs to win their last two to have a VERY slim hope that 5 - 7 might get them consideration for a bowl bid if the bowl organizers have more slots than eligible teams.

It happened last year. I doubt it happens this year.

Anyway, the game is on CBS SN.
11-14-2017 09:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TheWoodenNickle Online
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: Game Week: @Miami
This is an important game regardless of bowl implications. A 5 win season does not meet our expectations but it is better than what we used to be. We cannot slide back to those dark days. It will also help with recruiting.

I'd also like to see our D shut down Ragland after he scorched us last year.
11-14-2017 11:16 AM
dansplaining Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU - DCFC
11-14-2017 11:30 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(11-14-2017 11:16 AM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  This is an important game regardless of bowl implications. A 5 win season does not meet our expectations but it is better than what we used to be. We cannot slide back to those dark days. It will also help with recruiting.

I'd also like to see our D shut down Ragland after he scorched us last year.

I agree!!

Three wins sounds bad, and is bad. Five wins is respectable (I, and others, predicted 5 wins because of how lopsided the schedule is: including that 3 game road stretch - KY, TOL and Army AND ONLY 5 HOME GAMES).

And, of course, 5 wins is close to 6 wins and that is bowl eligible. I'd rather be close to 6 than far, far away with 3 wins.

And we are near the end of the careers of our seniors. I counted 10 senior starters.
11-14-2017 11:54 AM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear Friends,
Yes, this is redemption time. If, we cannot beat Miami, then as I said on another thread; "You are what your record says you are". I agree that a five win season can still look somewhat respectable, and I don't think there will be a bowl bid.
I am still torn about starting Roback tomorrow. I know everyone will be saying that we will have no chance of winning if he doesn't start. I just have a problem with someone who threw the game away at Central.
11-14-2017 12:04 PM
Advertisement

EagleTough Offline
All American

Kudos to Beck. Having a great year after moving to MLB. One of our defensive MVP's I would say. Again, credit Neathery for moving him out of the secondary and into a LB spot where he could thrive.

IRONMAN BECK: Should senior linebacker Jason Beck start his final two games of his college career, he will have played in all 49 career games for EMU, tying the school record set by recent EMU graduates Pat O’Connor and Chris O’Risky. In addition, he will have started in 47 of 49 games, which would also tie the school record.
11-14-2017 12:19 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

50/50 game, same story.

Defense should play well, without the slow start like last week. Interesting story, after the worst first half of the season by the defense last week, there were ZERO adjustments at halftime. Neathery just flat out told them, do your job and no adjustments are necessary. Second half........defense held CMU to 32 total yards, 1 first down, and 6 three-and-outs. I think he got his message across!

Hold your breathe in the kicking game. Offense good or bad based on Roback's play. Lose the turnover battle again, lose the game again.
11-14-2017 12:30 PM
HuronRob Offline
Special Teams

Yep. The next two games are important for those young men returning to the program next year. It's always encouraging to end the season on a winning note. It's a winnable game if our defense continues to play stout and the offense eliminates mistakes. Honestly, though, that's all it has come down to all season long - just not making mistakes on offense.
11-14-2017 09:53 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

It's Game Day: @Miami
11-15-2017 08:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.