Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jones out at TN
Bookmark and Share
Soobahk40050 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee
Jones out at TN
Jones is out at TN. Once again, I am always sad to see a coach fired, because it impacts his livelihood and his family, and at this time last year we were a Vandy win away from the Sugar Bowl, but it was probably time.

That being said let the rumors begin: Gruden? I hope not. Mullen? Maybe. I'd love Fuente, but I'm thinking it will be someone I haven't heard named yet. It should also be 1) quieter and 2) quicker than last time.
11-12-2017 02:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
RE: Jones out at TN
If Butch Jones does not give up coaching he is going to die on the sidelines. I thought he would have a stroke or heart attack yesterday. Intensity is fine but he takes it to the unhealthy level.
11-12-2017 05:39 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(11-12-2017 02:45 PM)Soobahk40050 Wrote:  Jones is out at TN. Once again, I am always sad to see a coach fired, because it impacts his livelihood and his family, and at this time last year we were a Vandy win away from the Sugar Bowl, but it was probably time.

That being said let the rumors begin: Gruden? I hope not. Mullen? Maybe. I'd love Fuente, but I'm thinking it will be someone I haven't heard named yet. It should also be 1) quieter and 2) quicker than last time.

You do know his family is going to get paid annually until his 13 million dollar buyout is completed? There is absolutely no reason to feel worried about the economic impact on his family. Instead, you would be wiser to worry about the Equifax breach impacting yours.
11-12-2017 06:38 PM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas
Head coaching search so far

Ole Miss
Florida
Tennessee

In two weeks I expect to see Texas A&M and Arkansas added. Gus may have saved his job in Auburn this week.
11-13-2017 06:00 AM
Advertisement

Soobahk40050 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee
(11-12-2017 06:38 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(11-12-2017 02:45 PM)Soobahk40050 Wrote:  Jones is out at TN. Once again, I am always sad to see a coach fired, because it impacts his livelihood and his family, and at this time last year we were a Vandy win away from the Sugar Bowl, but it was probably time.

You do know his family is going to get paid annually until his 13 million dollar buyout is completed? There is absolutely no reason to feel worried about the economic impact on his family. Instead, you would be wiser to worry about the Equifax breach impacting yours.

Impact can mean more than just financial. They will probably be moving. Changing schools maybe. Plus, speaking from experience, any job where people's opinions of you matters is a stressful one, and knowing that people don't like you and wanted you fired is tough to deal with.

All I am trying to express is that though Jones' on the field performance may have warranted this firing, he is still a person and we should offer some compassion as well.
11-13-2017 08:23 AM
Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
Tennessee has no chance to get Fuente. Why leave VT?
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017 10:01 AM by Gamecock.)
11-13-2017 10:01 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(11-13-2017 08:23 AM)Soobahk40050 Wrote:  
(11-12-2017 06:38 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

Impact can mean more than just financial. They will probably be moving. Changing schools maybe. Plus, speaking from experience, any job where people's opinions of you matters is a stressful one, and knowing that people don't like you and wanted you fired is tough to deal with.

All I am trying to express is that though Jones' on the field performance may have warranted this firing, he is still a person and we should offer some compassion as well.

I get what you are saying and don't disagree about the compassion in as much as he's a football coach and things didn't work out so it shouldn't be the end of the world. But speaking from experience I fully understand the impact of people's opinions. However you have to know yourself well enough to be able to dismiss the opinions of others when you know they don't stack up to reality. There is way too much sacrifice to misinformed public opinion today. Way too much! And media is using it to destroy some lives. But Butch isn't one of them. Finebaum will get a bump from his misfortune, but he'll coach again. His kids will go to schools in a college town where they are happy to have him and they will not want for a meal.

Perspective is in order. Those who serve in the public's eye, politicians, coaches, ministers, & military officers all know that they both benefit and perish by public perspective, but they also know that perception is not reality and is subject to change, sometimes abrupt changes. It just goes with the territory.
11-13-2017 12:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.