Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tom Jurich and Rick Pitino fighting back
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
Tom Jurich and Rick Pitino fighting back
After the one sided media barrage and hearing only from a newly appointed BoT and interim president, Tom Jurich and Coach Pitino are beginning to talk to the media.

Here are a few links:

http://www.wdrb.com/story/36809575/trans...c-crawford

http://thecrunchzone.com/steve-pence-sta...ck-pitino/
11-10-2017 07:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
RE: Tom Jurich and Rick Pitino fighting back
05-stirthepot If the FBI claim is confirm, both will be sued by Louisville for the losses and expenses they have caused. 07-coffee3
11-10-2017 07:57 AM
Hokie Mark Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(11-10-2017 07:57 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  05-stirthepot If the FBI claim is confirm, both will be sued by Louisville for the losses and expenses they have caused. 07-coffee3

Yeah, with the FBI involved, something tells me this won't be resolved in the media...
11-10-2017 08:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dasville Offline
Heisman

(11-10-2017 07:57 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  05-stirthepot If the FBI claim is confirm, both will be sued by Louisville for the losses and expenses they have caused. 07-coffee3

It would be fair (no pun intended). Just like if the shoe is on the other foot.
11-10-2017 08:23 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
The FBI and the Federal prosecutor have the final word.

"Fighting back" in the media is worth a plug nickel.
11-10-2017 08:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dasville Offline
Heisman

(11-10-2017 08:23 AM)TerryD Wrote:  The FBI and the Federal prosecutor have the final word.

Probably why they haven’t been charged.
11-10-2017 08:24 AM
Advertisement

Dasville Offline
Heisman

From the CrunchZone link provided above:

This quote is from Coach Rick Pitino’s lawyer:

Quote:It is irresponsible for any entity to exaggerate or contort the facts to make it appear that Coach Pitino had any role in this conspiracy, when in fact he did not. There simply is no legitimate interest served by any entity (government or otherwise) publicly smearing an individual when that individual has not been provided a forum in which to vindicate his rights. This applies to all citizens, including Coach Pitino.
11-10-2017 08:37 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
So the FBI also says the player involved in this 100k shoe scandal has been cleared of it. How can Pitino be found guilty and never be charged ?
11-10-2017 10:09 AM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

From the link provided in the op.

Official statement from Rick Pitino:

Quote:Coach Pitino stands by his previous statement: He has never allowed or known of any payments to any of his recruits or their families during his entire college coaching career at Boston University, Providence, the University of Kentucky, and the University of Louisville.

Why would that be a statement Coach Rick Pitino would make? It has nothing to do with the current accusations made by the media and BoT and interim President? Shoot, the NCAA even ruled that he didn't know about $ in KP/Indiana Booster scandal. That the Fed's determined no $ for sex took place in the KP/Indiana Booster scandal made no difference to the media or the NCAA.

I don't think I ever remember Tom Jurich or Rick Pitino saying we hold ourselves to a higher standard than the NCAA or FBI.
11-10-2017 10:25 AM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

(11-10-2017 10:09 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  So the FBI also says the player involved in this 100k shoe scandal has been cleared of it. How can Pitino be found guilty and never be charged ?

It's almost like history can be altered and people are held to different standards.

11-10-2017 10:35 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
(11-10-2017 08:24 AM)Dasville Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 08:23 AM)TerryD Wrote:  The FBI and the Federal prosecutor have the final word.

Don't know if they will or not, but these types of investigations take a lot of time.

My only point is that fighting back in the media is irrelevant.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 10:58 AM by TerryD.)
11-10-2017 10:58 AM
Advertisement

Dasville Offline
Heisman

(11-10-2017 10:58 AM)TerryD Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 08:24 AM)Dasville Wrote:  

Don't know if they will or not, but these types of investigations take a lot of time.

My only point is that fighting back in the media is irrelevant.

Lol! Tell that to their reputation! Tell that to the people you pass on the street or sit next to in a fundraiser. Tell that to business opportunities lost. Tell that to grandkids and those grandkids parents of Rick Pitino and Tom Jurich.

They have possibly been defamed.

But UofL fans can't say a word because (while also being defamed) our own Gov. And his BoT and an interim President is doing the defaming in my opinion.
11-10-2017 11:41 AM
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
From a Sports Illustrated article dated 11/9 (link)

Quote:A federal indictment released Wednesday implicates that former Louisville coach Rick Pitino was fully aware of a scheme to pay a high school recruit and also participated in the planning.

And there is film!

Quote:The indictment includes details of a meeting that took place in Las Vegas in late July, in which the Federal Bureau of Investigation was recording and videotaping.

Maybe TerryD can confirm, but I think attempted bribery is just as bad as bribery.
11-10-2017 11:45 AM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

(11-10-2017 11:45 AM)Wolfman Wrote:  From a Sports Illustrated article dated 11/9 (link)

Quote:A federal indictment released Wednesday implicates that former Louisville coach Rick Pitino was fully aware of a scheme to pay a high school recruit and also participated in the planning.

And there is film!

Quote:The indictment includes details of a meeting that took place in Las Vegas in late July, in which the Federal Bureau of Investigation was recording and videotaping.

Maybe TerryD can confirm, but I think attempted bribery is just as bad as bribery.

Tell us something new. Old news. People gone "piggy" cause the investigation is going nowhere in my opinion. But don't fret.....UofL got antsy and shot themselves in the head. You have your corpse.

And perhaps some zombies.
11-10-2017 11:57 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
Jurich and Pitino are gone. Time to move on.07-coffee3
11-10-2017 12:38 PM
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
(11-10-2017 11:57 AM)Dasville Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 11:45 AM)Wolfman Wrote:  From a Sports Illustrated article dated 11/9 (link)

And there is film!

Tell us something new. Old news. People gone "piggy" cause the investigation is going nowhere in my opinion. But don't fret.....UofL got antsy and shot themselves in the head. You have your corpse.

Old? This indictment was released Wednesday.
11-10-2017 12:50 PM
Advertisement

Dasville Offline
Heisman

(11-10-2017 12:50 PM)Wolfman Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 11:57 AM)Dasville Wrote:  

And there is film!

Old? This indictment was released Wednesday.

Lol! Only because people aren't talking. FBI =
PME.

It's over.
11-10-2017 01:00 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

(11-10-2017 12:38 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  Jurich and Pitino are gone. Time to move on.07-coffee3

11-10-2017 01:26 PM
HRFlossY Offline
1st String

I Root For: L' ville
(11-10-2017 10:35 AM)Dasville Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 10:09 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  So the FBI also says the player involved in this 100k shoe scandal has been cleared of it. How can Pitino be found guilty and never be charged ?

It's almost like history can be altered and people are held to different standards.

Well for one....the fact that Bowen can claim he "didn't know" is a huge part.(whether he did or not is between him and God) which again, has ZERO to do with assistant coach Jordan Fair being caught on tape by the FBI.

Coach Pitino was released due to hiring idiots who get caught. and Jurich for letting his do it over and over again.

I'm so over this.
FlossY Out...04-wine
11-10-2017 02:21 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

(11-10-2017 02:21 PM)HRFlossY Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 10:35 AM)Dasville Wrote:  

Well for one....the fact that Bowen can claim he "didn't know" is a huge part.(whether he did or not is between him and God) which again, has ZERO to do with assistant coach Jordan Fair being caught on tape by the FBI.

Coach Pitino was released due to hiring idiots who get caught. and Jurich for letting his do it over and over again.

I'm so over this.
FlossY Out...:wine:
FlossY please provide link to what Jordan Fair said. Please share the tape. Transcript?
I’m over this as well. Never wanted this. But if we are gonna talk about it, let’s talk facts. If we are gonna convict, let’s have facts. Did the FBI share more with the University BoT and interim President than it did with attorneys for Tom Jurich and Rick Pitino?

I get that Coach Pitino had to go, though he most probably is 100% innocent. But Jurich? If a certain group wanted Coach gone in July I have to think they also wanted Jurich gone.

I understand we are going to have a new Basketball coach and a new AD.
I want to read the real story about POStel and the BoT.
What is their, “What Happened”?
11-10-2017 03:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.