Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nebraska Needs its Triple Option Identity Back
Bookmark and Share
UHRedcat96 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UH Cougars
Nebraska Needs its Triple Option Identity Back
Ever since Neb decided to "spread out the offense" they have been extremely mediocre. Yes, they win 8 or 9 games a year. But nobody is afraid of them like they were in the Osborne days.

They were always able to recruit big road-grader offensive linemen and FAST, tough RBs.
Now they try to get great QBs and WRs. Those guys seem to want to go to the ACC, Big XII or PAC12, not the Big 10.
NU should take a look at scooping up Bob Davies from the NM Lobos. The guy took a team that would win 0 and 1 games per season and has them bowling. His option offense is GOOD.
It is also hard to prepare for a Triple Option since you play that kind of team once per year. It also keeps the D off the field and shortens the game.

NU should go back to their roots, and bulldoze teams. It was their identity. They have been lost ever since.
10-06-2017 09:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
RE: Nebraska Needs its Triple Option Identity Back
(10-06-2017 09:09 PM)UHRedcat96 Wrote:  Ever since Neb decided to "spread out the offense" they have been extremely mediocre. Yes, they win 8 or 9 games a year. But nobody is afraid of them like they were in the Osborne days.

They were always able to recruit big road-grader offensive linemen and FAST, tough RBs.
Now they try to get great QBs and WRs. Those guys seem to want to go to the ACC, Big XII or PAC12, not the Big 10.
NU should take a look at scooping up Bob Davies from the NM Lobos. The guy took a team that would win 0 and 1 games per season and has them bowling. His option offense is GOOD.
It is also hard to prepare for a Triple Option since you play that kind of team once per year. It also keeps the D off the field and shortens the game.

NU should go back to their roots, and bulldoze teams. It was their identity. They have been lost ever since.

+1
10-07-2017 04:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
(10-06-2017 09:09 PM)UHRedcat96 Wrote:  Ever since Neb decided to "spread out the offense" they have been extremely mediocre. Yes, they win 8 or 9 games a year. But nobody is afraid of them like they were in the Osborne days.

There's no need. It takes time to go from a spread offense to running a pro style with a fullback and multiple TE's. You CAN play smash mouth football running that style, just ask just about anyone who plays Wisconsin.
10-07-2017 10:39 PM
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
Nebraska needs a good coach, especially one who can recruit well. They can't change their location so they will have to schedule more games against schools in favorable recruiting territories, probably Texas. If I were them, I'd dedicate my whole non-conference schedule to Texas schools and the Oklahoma Sooners.

If I were Nebraska, I'd hire Scott Frost who rebuilt UCF and hopefully made some in-roads down in Florida for recruiting, not to mention his ties to Nebraska. Florida doesn't have as many recruits as Texas but is easily in the top three states for recruiting.
10-08-2017 06:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.